OK - you know the rules.
No research, internet or otherwise and submit your answers before reading replies to this thread.
Contest Closes next Thursday at 5:00 EST. I'll try to get results up on the Friday. If I've counted correctly, there are 2,450 points at stake here.
Here we go:
1. The final page of Avengers #57 shows a boy kicking around Ultron's head. Name the poem, and its author, quoted in the panel captions on the page. (200 points - 100 points if you only know either author or title).
2. Each of these handsome fellows made a cover appearance in Tales to Astonish. Name as many as you can. (150 points each)
a) b)c) d)
3. Which of the following are REAL titles, and which are FAKE? (100 points each)
a. Weird Chillers
b. Weird Adventures
c. Weird Horror Tales
d. Weird Tales of the Future
4. You are probably are very familiar with the Spider-Man reprint titles, Marvel Tales. Marvel tried to strike lightning several times in the 70s with similar titles. Name the initial feature in the following titles: (100 points each)
a. Marvel Spectacular
b. Marvel Super Action (comic)
c. Marvel Triple Action
d. Marvel Adventures
5. In the Summer of 1976, the USA celebrated its 200th Birthday. That summer, DC comics had 14 titles that had crossed the 200 issue mark. Name as many as you can: (50 points each)
6. What do Creepy #20, Nightmare #20 (Skywald) and Classics Illustrated #40 all have in common? (150 points).