NEW AVENGERS #29
    COVER BY: LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    WRITER: BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    PENCILS: LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    COLORED BY: DAVE MCCAIG
    LETTERED BY: COMICRAFT

THE STORY:
    Your eyes do not deceive you. It’s THE NEW AVENGERS
    VERSUS THE MIGHTY AVENGERS. Bendis and Yu bring the pain to both Avengers teams. All this and...
    WHO IS THE NEW RONIN?
    Rated A …$2.99

PRICE: 2.99
    IN STORES: 2007-04-11

Last edited by mattbib; 04-09-2007 at 12:16 PM.

I hope Strange's spell either translates into "Turn Sentry into a Mushroom" or "Get us all the heck out of here."

Because otherwise there's not many good excuses for why any battle between the New and Mighty teams lasts longer than 5 seconds.

Maybe his spell confuses the Mighty team and they attack one another? That would be a neat trick. Or he depowers them and neither side has powers, so they just fight like normal people with fists and weapons and feet. I'd like to see that.

I love you Joss. Yes homo We R. Venom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rwsmith View Post
    Maybe his spell confuses the Mighty team and they attack one another? That would be a neat trick. Or he depowers them and neither side has powers, so they just fight like normal people with fists and weapons and feet. I'd like to see that.
    Brilliance! I'd like to see that brawl. Who is Ronin indeed?
    Biru-no tanima-no kurayami-ni, Supaida-man!
    Havok was right.

Newsarama has an extra page

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthrea...=1#post3490530

spoilers:
    I'm guesing the spell is similar to the one the Scarlet Witch used at the end of disassembled? Can someone tell me who is attacking simon and what is attacking carol??
    end of spoilers

And I know I probably don't have to use spoilers since this a preview thread but I wanted you guys to see before you read what I posted.
    "I'm deeply hurt, NOT."
    Blade X
    Wrote the Book on Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Andres Pacheco View Post
    Newsarama has an extra page

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthrea...=1#post3490530

spoilers:
    I'm guesing the spell is similar to the one the Scarlet Witch used at the end of disassembled? Can someone tell me who is attacking simon and what is attacking carol??
    end of spoilers

And I know I probably don't have to use spoilers since this a preview thread but I wanted you guys to see before you read what I posted.
    spoilers:

I think the Grim Reaper is attacking WonderMan and I think Brood are attacking Ms. Marvel.
    end of spoilers
    Amazing Spider-Man, Future Foundation, Captain America, The Invincible Iron Man, The Mighty Thor, The New Avengers, The Avengers, Batman Inc., Detective Comics, Green Lantern

Simon's brother the Grim Reaper and the Brood.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post
    I hope Strange's spell either translates into "Turn Sentry into a Mushroom" or "Get us all the heck out of here."

Because otherwise there's not many good excuses for why any battle between the New and Mighty teams lasts longer than 5 seconds.
    Logically, yeah, he'd just teleport them the hell out of there, but c'mon, it's comics. and they've dragged the entirety of both teams in. There has to be at least a brief throwdown.

I'm guessing from Spidey's line in the Japan sequence, and Tony's comments in Battle Damage Report, that Tony's drafted Brother Voodoo to interfere with Doctor Strange's magic, which I suspect is supposed to explain why they didn't just teleport straight back to the US in the first place.

Which if it's true is... really really weak. First, Brother ******' Voodoo is going to baffle the SORCERER SUPREME of the entire dimension? And second, will someone explain to me why so many heroes are so eager to take out their former compadres? Register, okay, fine, many of them probably think it's a good idea, others feel they need to obey a law even if they have doubts about it, others just don't need the hassle. But why the HELL would Jericho Drumm go "oh, yeah, Tony, instead of defending the poor and helpless, I really want to spend my time going after Doctor Strange so that you can lock up a handful more heroes for life." And Wasp... jesus, she was *there* when Steve Rogers woke up from the ice, yet she's down with using the hope of his survival to trap his friends? Staging a fight across the image of his dead body?

Just... why the hell am I supposed to want to read about these people, in any function that does not involve them getting kicked in the face?
    Last edited by mattbib; 04-09-2007 at 01:56 PM. Reason: profanity

Goddamn, I love Yu's art.

I have a nice mustache Van Custo's Avatar

Yes, Strange kickin' ass

And where's the fun in just teleporting out right away!? We gotta see some action first.

Cancelling Wolverine's powers is really dirty pool... that could kill him.

Seems Strange conjures up each Mighty Avenger's worst Nightmare. I CANT WAIT.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Cancelling Wolverine's powers is really dirty pool... that could kill him.
    Why should that stop Tony? No other moral consideration has.

Quote Originally Posted by Shyft View Post
    Seems Strange conjures up each Mighty Avenger's worst Nightmare. I CANT WAIT.
    what is the god of war afriad of???