Question Superman Hardcover Book... what's it worth?

i've got a hardcover Superman book. It is title Superman on the cover but on the inside it says Superman FROM THE THIRTIES TO THE EIGHTIES and am curious how much it is worth.

It has an introduction by E. Nelson Bridwell and the Editor is DC Comics Inc. It was published by Crown Publishers Inc, New York in 1983 and is a First Edition. The ISBN is 0-517-55100-4

The cover is blue except for the binding and one inch or so away from it. There is no image or writing on the cover. The only writing on the outside of the book is the ISBN on the back edge of the cover and the word SUPERMAN on the binding followed by CROWN on the other end of the binding. i don't have my digital camera but will be able to post images in a day or so.

Thanks in advance.

Here ya go! :)

eBay:
    http://books.search.ebay.com/superma...20theQ2070Q27s

Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Superman-Thirt...5918301&sr=1-2

I'm not trying to be a smart-aleck, but the book's worth whatever someone's willing to pay for it. I got it for a BUCK on Amazon about 3 years ago! :)

Question

Thanks :-), that is a bit helpful. But since it is a different book (mine is 30's to the 80's) and mine is a First Edition i have one more question?

It's in very good shape, do you think it'll ever be worth anything?
    Last edited by flipjarg; 04-06-2007 at 09:20 PM.

Eh, I don't know. DC's put out another Superman in the 80's collection, as well as "40's", "50's", "60's", and "70's", and also several Golden Age appearances as well.

The fewer times a story is printed (or re-printed), the more valuable it is.

I'd say as a collector, the book WOULD be nice to have, but I've got the version I posted links to, and most of the other reprint books, as well.

I DID find a link to an eBay auction here, too:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPERMAN-from-th...QQcmdZViewItem

You can see how much the book's going for. I didn't even FIND any of the 30's to the 80's copies on Amazon at all!

If it were MY book, I'd probably just hang on to it. :)

Thumbs up

Thanks for the input. i almost started cutting into it with a razor blade. i was going to take some of the comic strips out and put them a piece of paper. i found the book in the basement of my apartment building. i will probably just keep the book on my bookshelf.

Adios.