Thread: Dark Avengers

Default Dark Avengers

Think about it... Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Punisher...maybe Bloodwraith (is he still banished somewhere?. All of them would make a great Avengers team at least for a mini. They all epitomize Vengeance and that's the 'Venge' in Avengers! Put em together, give them some supernatural threats (there's still 650 something pieces of the devil isn't there?) and let em show their stuff together for 4-6 issues! Whatd'ya think? Anyone else that needs to go on that team?

I think it is something Marvel would have tried 10 yeas ago. Now, they sem to be going with more realistic setups to stories (such as CW) and I can't think of a single reason that could possably brink those characters in there current forms together. I think it does soud like a cool idea though.

this definetly reeks of '90's dark, psycho heroes tryin to cash in on young people's sudden infatuation with broody/violent anti-heros.
    maybe you'll get lucky in the initiative, when some state gets like, I dunno, a modernised Midnight sons team...

Based solely on your mention of Bloodwraith, I like the idea of a team formed out of Avengers doubles. Just merge your concept with Omega Flight, and you're pretty much there.

--
    The title of this thread is "Dark Avengers".

What about a team of non-meta heroes? Call them "The Gritty Avengers." Stock it with guys and gals who would test the team concept and create some cool personality conflicts:

Moon Knight
    Winter Soldier
    Hawkeye (Clint)
    Punisher

Black Widow (in the lethal mode of the last two MK minis)
    Moon Knight
    Blazing Skull
    Fantomex
    Toxin
    Quake
    Modred The Mystic
    For-Real-True is only true now.

Story-True is true forever.

-Lizzie Hexam "The Unwritten"

The term "Avengers" represents a team of heroes that the public can look up to. At least, that's how Civil War has come to define it.

Having murderers run around in their name doesn't seem like something the real Avengers would let fly.

Besides, wouldn't Ghost Rider try to kill all of them?

Moon Knight - All about brutality. (Cutting off faces!)
    The Punisher - No conscience on exercising deadly force against small-time crooks.
    Bloodwraith - Undead body made of souls who kills innocents? Whoa.

The Spirit of Vengeance be all over that sh*t.

There's really no need for a team like this anymore... 50 States Initiative kinda covers all the bases, plus all of these guys are going to be hunted down one way or another...
    Deadpooligan's Traitor Game Characters!

Deadpooligan did it better. ~ StoneGold, Post 10374071

Quote Originally Posted by jpk View Post
    What about a team of non-meta heroes? Call them "The Gritty Avengers." Stock it with guys and gals who would test the team concept and create some cool personality conflicts:

Moon Knight
    Winter Soldier
    Hawkeye (Clint)
    Punisher
    That sounds like the coolest team ever

The mini series for this would last one issue, or more like half an issue, the second half would consist of all the vengence characters trying to kill each other.

If you don't really look at them like Avengers in the sense of Marvel's team the avengers Avengers, but more as heroes who avenge I can get behind it.

I'd set it up like this

Daredevil leading Winter Soldier, Hawkeye (Clint), Echo, Toxin and maybe the occasional appearance of Moon Knight (but everybody is a bit too creeped out by him, to let him be a full time member).