Page 5 of 128 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cross View Post
    Ok, thanks to Parrish..my piddly little collectibles area, though noted my Bowen bust collection was tucked away from our move last July and just has not made it back out.

Let's see: Steve Austin, Mr Potatohead Spidey, and Avon Star Trek collection of top shelf
    Hellboy and various Spidey stuff down below, icluding Grim Tim and John Thompson goodness.
    Spidey frame has Norm Breyfogle, Ron Frenz and Geof Isherwood x2. Other frames not up, including MouseGuard
    I'm loving those Spidey action figures. The sketches are pretty awesome too. Who did the sketch in the bottom left of the frame?

Quote Originally Posted by morna View Post
    and the coloured version for Spyda ;)

The publishers obviously liked it a lot 'cause they decided to print it without any text mucking it up - just a little DH logo in the top left corner. Gorgeous cover! Great issue too. Very happy collector here!
    I've yet to sit down and read Yojimbo. I buy more funny books than I actually have the time to read.

Quote Originally Posted by SpydaWeb View Post
    I'm loving those Spidey action figures. The sketches are pretty awesome too. Who did the sketch in the bottom left of the frame?
    That's actually also a Geof Isherwood pickup from ebay. he had done a Conan commission for me, and he was doing these ebay ones every so often, i finally lucked out and won one, and it turned out so well, that I commisssioned the top right hand one from him.

Gdeo, yeah, I had the Steve Austin when i was a kid, but eventually mom threw him out. About 7-8 years ago, a lady from Montreal found one in her attic, voila..ebay, for like $20 and it's in great shape, arm still works and everything.
    "Flight com, I can't hold it..she's breaking up, she's break...." - Colonel Steve Austin

Thanks for the info Mike. I'd never heard of Geof Isherwood, but it looks like I'm more familiar with the fruits of his work than I thought. Good stuff.

He was the inker on one of the first Marvel Graphic Novels, Revenge of the Living Monolith, over Mark Silvestri pencils, then i think his longest run was on Dr. Strange. Geof does great work and as he works and lives in Montreal, he lets me pay in Canadian dollars! Always a perk, but he's normally the first one i email when i want to discuss a new commission idea, hence the possibility of Steve Austin versus Bigfoot, hopefully coming my way in mid 2007.
    "Flight com, I can't hold it..she's breaking up, she's break...." - Colonel Steve Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cross View Post
    ...the possibility of Steve Austin versus Bigfoot, hopefully coming my way in mid 2007.
    I had memories of Bigfoot and Wild boy. Can't wait to see the new commission. Will it be in color just black and white?

Probably black and white to start, and probably just pencils only to start, though Geof does some mean colouring work as well.

Told what to do by mice Petersen's Avatar

I had a broken Mezco Hellboy figure and decided to remove the RHoD and epoxy the switch to my desk lamp down in the joint socket.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rhodswitch.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Petersen View Post
    I had a broken Mezco Hellboy figure and decided to remove the RHoD and epoxy the switch to my desk lamp down in the joint socket.
    lol. That's pretty cool. Looks like that RHoD might have taken a few whacks at your lamp while you weren't looking too.

Hahahaha! The Lightswitch of the Apocalypse.

..and is typical of my life, just today I received from a co-worker yet another Mr PotatoHead Spider-Man.

Okay, now THAT is clever. I like it!

broke the bank this week....everything that i had backordered came in...knew they were coming and had to make room,here goes...

here some close-ups of some stuff