Page 3 of 128 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

cool rachel...i'd still like to see the collection though:)

Quote Originally Posted by THE REAL kirk View Post
    At my house! :)
    Seriously...i may have to start doing that ,if i don't recycle some of these busts and statues:D I told my wife that i'd limit the collecting to Hellboy related stuff,cuz for a while there i was buying everything.Crazy stuff like mortgages , trips to the market and school supplies for the kids started getting in the way:rolleyes: after this LoJo statue and the heroclix and the 18"mezco Hellboy w/jetpack and and the animated figure that come out in a couple weeks,i should be okay...(man ,i need a 4th job!)

THEY MAKE HIERONYMUS BOSCH ACTION FIGURES???

wow kool I could almost see some of those ultra creepy Hieronymus garden of earthly delights/hell figures in here. Personally, I just don't "get" the figurine thing. I'd much rather have original art than some mass produced plastic stuff... though that's a kool doom you have Maurice!

oh well, to each his own : )
    apathy is a sucking vortex of everything that makes life worthwile - beware!

I just can't handle it

The less something looks like anything, the more it looks like everything

79 ... 76 ... 70

Quote Originally Posted by morna View Post
    THEY MAKE HIERONYMUS BOSCH ACTION FIGURES???
    http://www.3d-mouseion.com/engels/bosch_eng.htm

I would have loved to have had a Fisher-Price Garden Of Earthly Delights Playset as a kid. Or, uh, now.

Quote Originally Posted by SpydaWeb View Post
    So, I think we've done this sort of thing in the past. Since I'm in the process of moving into my first home (not technically first, but first of my very own). I'm currently filling out my house with my not so vast collection of collectibles. Not done yet, but here's a couple badly taken pics of my work in progress office and generally where I am thus far.
    Nice, Spyda! They are beautiful shelves and display your collection extremely well. Congratulations on your very first home of your own! :)

I have very little in the way of collection, and no place to put it yet. I'm supposed to have a room of my own up in the attic. Everything I have is from 2004 - boy am I behind in collecting!

But you inspire me, Spyda - I'll start thinking of how to display stuff!

Andrea
    "I like not knowing. I've gotten by for fifty-two years not knowing. I sleep good not knowing."

Quote Originally Posted by gdeo View Post
    ...cuz for a while there i was buying everything.Crazy stuff like mortgages , trips to the market and school supplies for the kids started getting in the way:rolleyes:
    Yeah. Me too! :rolleyes:

Andrea
    "I like not knowing. I've gotten by for fifty-two years not knowing. I sleep good not knowing."

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post

I would have loved to have had a Fisher-Price Garden Of Earthly Delights Playset as a kid. Or, uh, now.
    Those are so awesome. I'd love to own a couple of those myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Fiddler View Post
    Nice, Spyda! They are beautiful shelves and display your collection extremely well. Congratulations on your very first home of your own! :) ....you inspire me, Spyda - I'll start thinking of how to display stuff!

Andrea
    Thanks Andrea. I think my decorating cues come out of utility rather than any innate sense of style, but I am quite enjoying making this new home my own. The most fun will be putting up the art. It's been sitting in tubes for so long I don't even remember what half of it looks like. I just pulled out some Dan Brereton stuff the other day that I didn't even remember having.
    Last edited by SpydaWeb; 04-06-2007 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Edidin View Post
    Man...I just can't bring myself to do the "action figures in boxes" thing, no matter how collector-y they may be: I mean, how do you play with 'em?
    I no longer have the desire to play with action figures. I do still appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into them and can appreciate them as art. Hence the display.

I'd like to see your collection though. Get a camera out to work pronto. I'd interested to see what the Darkhorse offices look like.

me too!

WoW those rock - which one would you pick though?

Thanks Sparky!
    apathy is a sucking vortex of everything that makes life worthwile - beware!

I just can't handle it

The less something looks like anything, the more it looks like everything

79 ... 76 ... 70

me too!

Thanks Sparky!
    I'd go with Tree Man.

I have always loved the "Bird With Letter" guy. When I was little my parents had an art book with a big color plate of The Temptation of St. Anthony in it, and I used to stare at it for hours. Something about his little tin-funnel hat and ice skates...he just looks so harmless amongst all the scary monsters and flames and nekkid people. Like he wandered in from another painting: "Oh, hi! I have your mail. Looks like Netflix DVDs and a birthday card. There you go. Have a nice day..." And off he skates, into a children's book illustration or something.

My choices would have to be HELMETED BIRD MONSTER 'cause it reminds me of the cute guys in Jim Henson's Labyrinth and then because I'm such a sucker for mermaids, Knight and Mermaid.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Fiddler View Post
    Yeah. Me too! :rolleyes:

Andrea
    hey stranger...hope all is well with you and the family...nice to see you post.miss you.:D

If you want to get the tots started early on Bosch, I recommend this awesome book.