Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default New Excalibur #18 Previews

http://www.popcultureshock.com/new-e...preview/41301/

Umm, okay first off I just have to say that the page with the team shot is fugly as hell, and Dazzler especially looks bad. She also looks like she has a Barbie Doll hand thing going on.

Second, Kelsey's last name is NOT Kirkland, it's Leigh. I don't know how they could have made a big mistake like that.

Also Psylocke's name is spelled as Elizabeth instead of Elisabeth. I know it flipped flopped between the two back in the day, but since she's been with the X-Men it's primarily been spelled as Elisabeth.

Last of all, this issue looks a snore with all the Albion and Captain Britain Corps stuff.

I just don't like how something completely obvious is pointed out and Brian is like " Ohh..duuuh..why didn't I think of that??" . And thanks to some convincing from reading the posts of The Sword Is Drawn , I'm giving Excalibur one last chance.

I'm really not interested in this whole Albion/Kelsey Leigh stuff. It just bores me to tears.

Sage is so helpful, though!! Why doesn't she tell us the end of the story already?

So I'm guessing Albion is just an alternate Brian who chose the sword, instead of Amulet and not just some random blonde guy who happened to choose it. I wonder if he'll be "Brian Braddock" or if it will be it spelled differently like Bryan Brahdok or w/e Kaptain Britain's name was.

I hope we get to see Albion's homeworld and HIS Psylocke.

So are we getting no TJ in this arc? Granted she just had a stroke, but she's not even included in the team pic with all their names?? :( :( :(
    Rogue finaly punch Raven who is seemingly amused and happy to have fun with her kids~Stephane Garrelie

K-Bell is Dazzler Brian "Vash" Ashby's Avatar

If Nocturne stays in the wheelchair, i'd like her to stay on the team. Roll over some badguys with her hoverround.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian "Vash" Ashby View Post
    If Nocturne stays in the wheelchair, i'd like her to stay on the team. Roll over some badguys with her hoverround.
    I still vote for the giant snuggly on Jugg's back.
    Rogue finaly punch Raven who is seemingly amused and happy to have fun with her kids~Stephane Garrelie

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Sage is so helpful, though!! Why doesn't she tell us the end of the story already?
    I know right! Sage does have all the answers after all.

K-Bell is Dazzler Brian "Vash" Ashby's Avatar

Robo-titties of knowledge, behold!

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Speaking of Sage...

Can we handle satire like adults today? Some common stereotypes...

LoLZ, Flamey really hates spelling erorrs. <3
    wood / bkv / coipel / pichelli / staples / del mundo
    flagship x-men // avengers undercover // saga // private eye

Quote Originally Posted by Faded View Post
    LoLZ, Flamey really hates spelling erorrs. <3
    lmao Just when it comes to characters names.:p

Quote Originally Posted by Flameworthy View Post
    http://www.popcultureshock.com/new-e...preview/41301/

Umm, okay first off I just have to say that the page with the team shot is fugly as hell, and Dazzler especially looks bad. She also looks like she has a Barbie Doll hand thing going on.

Second, Kelsey's last name is NOT Kirkland, it's Leigh. I don't know how they could have made a big mistake like that.

Also Psylocke's name is spelled as Elizabeth instead of Elisabeth. I know it flipped flopped between the two back in the day, but since she's been with the X-Men it's primarily been spelled as Elisabeth.

Last of all, this issue looks a snore with all the Albion and Captain Britain Corps stuff.
    thanks for the post. you gave me my new avatar :)
    Facebook!- http://www.facebook.com/wesley.ryan.754
    5 Fave Comics: Avengers, X-Factor, G I Joe, Uncanny Avengers, Young Avengers
    5 Fave Peeps: Cannonball, Dazzler, Living Lightning, Rictor, Arachne

Yeah, that really jumped out. But there is a possible explanation--"Kelsey Leigh" died and was buried in AVENGERS. Maybe Kelsey is using the name "Kirkland" as a new identity to protect her kids, since something terrible is supposed to happen to them if they learn she is their mother.

Personally, I'm looking forward to it. I think the idea of the other-choice Captain Britains is an interesting concept. Were all of their lives screwed up by their choice like Kelsey's was?

Quote Originally Posted by losequismen
    I just don't like how something completely obvious is pointed out and Brian is like " Ohh..duuuh..why didn't I think of that??" .
    To be fair, Brian hasn't always been shown to be the brightest guy around. And its not like he's really had a reason to give it a lot of thought before now.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpulseUCF View Post
    Speaking of Sage...

Can we handle satire like adults today? Some common stereotypes...

LOL! I hate Sage and wish she would either die permanently, or that Chris could be banned from writing her ever again.

Other than that, this arc looks VERY good to me.

This could be premature on my part, but I'm starting to get that old Claremont feeling again....

I sincerely hope the old man pulls it off. Or am I just fooling myself, and doomed to be disappointed yet again?

Peace,
    Syzygy