Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Default CBR NEWS: Cross-Time Flies: Claremont Talks "Exiles"

Big Changes are in store for the reality hopping cast of the "Exiles." CBR News spoke with writer Chris Claremont about what he has in store for the book and got previews of issues #92 & #93.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=10068
    -- Jonah Weiland
    Executive Producer, CBR
    - CBR - Twitter -

Great interview. And I love that CC is playing outside the X-Box on both of his first two storylines. Finally he can stretch his legs a bit. The Doom/Richards swap in the next arc sounds kickass. :)
    Last edited by Beast; 03-21-2007 at 11:54 AM.
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Great interview. And I love that CC is playing outside the X-Box on both of his first two storylines. The Doom/Richards swap in the next arc sounds kickass. :)
    Thanks for using spoiler tags in case I didn't want to read that. :)

I really hope he does some quality writing, I love Exiles, and well I haven't been a fan of Claremont's work. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He has a couple more issues to make me decide.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpulseUCF View Post
    Then you shouldn't have jumped on this page. It's silly to have a thread talking about the interview ... when you can't talk about what's in the interview.

Logic dictates that if you don't want to know Claremont's plans for the title, don't come on a thread that has an interview where Claremont talks about his plans.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpulseUCF View Post
    It's a thread based on an interview. Spoiler tags arn't necessary if it's right in the bloody interview.

"Nocturne is going back to 'Exiles,'" Claremont said.

I bet Nocturne fans are happy.

So, the first arc focuses on Psylocke. The second arc seems to focus a bit on Psylocke. Both arcs have Fantastic Four members as primary characters. Claremont doesn't seem to be straying too far from his comfort zone.

Perhaps the stories themselves will at least be decent.

I'm glad I added Exiles to my pull list. It makes sense Claremont wants to expand the book by giving the team A-list villains since the book seems to have disposable ones (they can exit the alternate Earth & go back to the Crystal Palace when things get hairy).

I knew Claremont was going to change the line-up a bit with Nocturne rejoining the Exiles.

Hopefully Rachel will be written in New Excalibur?

I look forward to reading Psylocke's encounter with the alternate Slaymaster...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    So, the first arc focuses on Psylocke. The second arc seems to focus a bit on Psylocke. Both arcs have Fantastic Four members as primary characters. Claremont doesn't seem to be straying too far from his comfort zone.

First rule of writing: Write what you know. Claremont knows much more about the mutant universe; therefore, he is making Psylocke his point of view character to expand outwards into other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post

It only focuses on her, in using her as the character to introduce the Exiles to new readers. Honestly, she hasn't been the primary character in any of the 3 issues she'd appeared in. She did feature a large focus in the second one, but that was to tour the Crystal Palace, again as introduction purposes.

"'Why does everybody have to be human? Why does everybody have to be mammalian even? We can have other versions and incarnations of the Marvel characters,' Claremont stated. 'Like a race of people descended from dinosaurs or insects.'"

R'CHLL!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    "Nocturne is going back to 'Exiles,'" Claremont said.

I bet Nocturne fans are happy.
    I think most Nocturne fans have a problem with her characterization when written under Claremont, not where she is right now. I may be wrong though, since I only just skimmed through the Nocturne thread.

For example the new Mystique we're bringing in is actually more pronounced like 'Mystic' and its Mystique in her sort of male Basil Rathbone incarnation. This is a variation on the theme; it's a shape-shifter who was married to Irene Adler, and had a daughter Rogue but this one has lived a life as primarily a male character. It allows us to use the character but a totally different take on it."
    Ok, I love the alternate take on Mystique. Can't wait to see the rest of the new cast. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Novaya Havoc View Post
    "'Why does everybody have to be human? Why does everybody have to be mammalian even? We can have other versions and incarnations of the Marvel characters,' Claremont stated. 'Like a race of people descended from dinosaurs or insects.'"

R'CHLL!!!!!
    To be fair, the Dinosaur people already appeared in Excalibur #9 & Excalibur #51; it could be another alternate Earth though.