Page 87 of 114 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1699

Well , they used the legend war footage , will be interesting if they are going to have a american legend war version.

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post
    So, Saban may be sticking with the Goseiger suits for the second season of Megaforce and not using the Gokaiger suits at all...
    Source? Cause that seems kinda unlikely.
    I have this idea for the next X-teme Games Gold Medal Event--Bear Tickling. Its like Bull riding but more X-treme! You are timed on how long you can tickle a bear before he attacks you.

-Excelsior

Looks like those japanese studio has heard the sound of money "Ka-ching" and they are pushing out another crossover movie between kamen riders & super sentai but now including metal heroes as 3 seperate franchises clashed. I really hope that it's not as bad of a mess as the last one.

"Super taisen Z" - got to love how they ripped off the star wars theme at the beginning

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Source? Cause that seems kinda unlikely.
    Here and and here, although Saban has yet to make any official announcements.I hope thus is just a rumor.
    Last edited by blackphoenix; 02-02-2013 at 09:51 PM.
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

Well I saw the first episode of Megaforce. I'm underwhelmed. Everything seems to be slightly better than Samurai. I probably shouldn't have expected a stark improvement, but...I don't know, just made me think what Disney would have done. The years Disney was in control they seemed to revitalize the franchise, and now with Saban back...he seems content with direct translations (Samurai) or reliving the glory days (seems a little too similar to MMPR, complete with a Zordon). I haven't watched Goseiger (still stuck on the middle of Shinkinger cause I lost interest), so I don't know if Gosei is from the translation, or the Alpha-type sidekick he/it has. But if not, well, its ironic they're trying to ape MMPR without a Rita stand in of some sort.
    I have this idea for the next X-teme Games Gold Medal Event--Bear Tickling. Its like Bull riding but more X-treme! You are timed on how long you can tickle a bear before he attacks you.

-Excelsior

Okay , just watched the first episode of megaforce. It's pretty much back to basics which isn't a bad thing because it's at least doing its own thing and not doing a direct copy of the sentai series like SPD. It's not bad and the setup does provide a good way to bring back cameos of the old rangers and a way to continue beyond its existing season like the old power rangers seasons.

Will be interested to see how they are going to incorporate the legend war into the series and bringing back all the rangers from the past for the war.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Okay , just watched the first episode of megaforce. It's pretty much back to basics which isn't a bad thing because it's at least doing its own thing and not doing a direct copy of the sentai series like SPD. It's not bad and the setup does provide a good way to bring back cameos of the old rangers and a way to continue beyond its existing season like the old power rangers seasons.
    Wait, what? SPD was more of a direct copy than Samurai? For better or worse (mostly for worse) SPD did its own thing for the most part, and I wish it had copied a bit more, namely in using Broodwing as the primary villain instead of a flunky. Even in that regards the villain and his sidekick Mora/Morgana was ORIGINAL. I'm not quite understanding this one.

Also by virtue of practically remaking MMPR its NOT doing its own thing, but rather doing the "thing" that came before.

Will be interested to see how they are going to incorporate the legend war into the series and bringing back all the rangers from the past for the war.
    It'll be easy, I'm 99% sure none of those past Rangers will ever take off their helmets.

-Excelsior

Wait, what? SPD was more of a direct copy than Samurai? For better or worse (mostly for worse) SPD did its own thing for the most part, and I wish it had copied a bit more, namely in using Broodwing as the primary villain instead of a flunky. Even in that regards the villain and his sidekick Mora/Morgana was ORIGINAL. I'm not quite understanding this one.

Also by virtue of practically remaking MMPR its NOT doing its own thing, but rather doing the "thing" that came before.
    Granted that i haven't watched all of SPD , i did only watched a couple of episodes and those episodes i watched was a complete scene for scene rip off of the dekarangers episode , same plot , everything pretty much the same - just substitute japanese actors with american ones.

Granted that i haven't watched all of SPD , i did only watched a couple of episodes and those episodes i watched was a complete scene for scene rip off of the dekarangers episode , same plot , everything pretty much the same - just substitute japanese actors with american ones.
    LOL I promise you, maybe the other series, including SPD, ripped off their Sentai counterparts to varying degrees...but if you really want to talk "a complete scene for scene rip off of the [sentai] episode , same plot , everything pretty much the same - just substitute japanese actors with american ones," go no further than Samurai. SPD will seem like a completely original creation compared to that.

But I did watch SPD from beginning to end, and I would say it lifted, maybe, 70% of the Sentai? Maybe 80%. But there were too many original things, again good and bad, that it did that kept it from being a complete ripoff. For one, or as legend has it, the reason the series after SPD started decreasing the number of episodes was because the producers at the time seemed to fall in love with the idea of the Omega Ranger being a ball of light. That wasn't in the Sentai. It blew the budget and it never really recovered afterwards. Again, according to legend, I don't think we'll ever really know.

-Excelsior

LOL I promise you, maybe the other series, including SPD, ripped off their Sentai counterparts to varying degrees...but if you really want to talk "a complete scene for scene rip off of the [sentai] episode , same plot , everything pretty much the same - just substitute japanese actors with american ones," go no further than Samurai. SPD will seem like a completely original creation compared to that.

But I did watch SPD from beginning to end, and I would say it lifted, maybe, 70% of the Sentai? Maybe 80%. But there were too many original things, again good and bad, that it did that kept it from being a complete ripoff. For one, or as legend has it, the reason the series after SPD started decreasing the number of episodes was because the producers at the time seemed to fall in love with the idea of the Omega Ranger being a ball of light. That wasn't in the Sentai. It blew the budget and it never really recovered afterwards. Again, according to legend, I don't think we'll ever really know.
    Can't really speak for samurai since i never seen it , but the concept itself was already foreign to american adaptation. Samurai is very much a japanese thing , the whole lord sama is a cultural feudal concept in japan.

So far at least , megaforce seemed to be at least following its own path. No tower of heaven , no gosei angel wings etc. The goseigers weren't even humans.
    Megaforce is going back to basics which itself is fine , Megaforce is the 20th anniversary of power rangers which is why i supposed they want to combine gokaiger into megaforce to celebrate the anniversary.
    Last edited by marshal99; 02-04-2013 at 12:04 AM.

Can't really speak for samurai since i never seen it , but the concept itself was already foreign to american adaptation. Samurai is very much a japanese thing , the whole lord sama is a cultural feudal concept in japan.
    Oh I know, and agree, but at the same time that's still no excuse for a verbatim translation like we got with Samurai. With a little creativity, some of the same concepts and ideas could have been incorporated into something new.

So far at least , megaforce seemed to be at least following its own path. No tower of heaven , no gosei angel wings etc. The goseigers weren't even humans.
    Megaforce is going back to basics which itself is fine , Megaforce is the 20th anniversary of power rangers which is why i supposed they want to combine gokaiger into megaforce to celebrate the anniversary.
    Thanks for the info, though I do vaguely recall that the Goseigers weren't humans, but...angels? I have all of the the Goseiger season and movies, and part of Gokaiger, but I wanted to go in order and got stuck on Shinkinger. Sooo...boring. But yeah, that's good to know. Though oddly, since these are "Five teens with attitudes", an in-story reason could be given for why they change outfits. But if they're trying to ape MMPR, well they'll do what they did last time, have the silver Gokaiger and work around the footage that shows the other Gokaiger colors. Which is a shame; I didn't learn about Dairanger until many years later, and I hate all the other costume colors went to waste. But its now history, so if they're going back to the well that's what we'll get this time, too.

-Excelsior

Thanks for the info, though I do vaguely recall that the Goseigers weren't humans, but...angels? I have all of the the Goseiger season and movies, and part of Gokaiger, but I wanted to go in order and got stuck on Shinkinger. Sooo...boring. But yeah, that's good to know. Though oddly, since these are "Five teens with attitudes", an in-story reason could be given for why they change outfits. But if they're trying to ape MMPR, well they'll do what they did last time, have the silver Gokaiger and work around the footage that shows the other Gokaiger colors. Which is a shame; I didn't learn about Dairanger until many years later, and I hate all the other costume colors went to waste. But its now history, so if they're going back to the well that's what we'll get this time, too.
    The bad guys in shinkengers are kind of uninspiring and dull but keep at it , it does get a bit better towards the end.
    Shinkengers also has Mako , she's hot !

How many episodes are there for megaforce ? I imagine that they will condensed goseigers and skipped a lot of it and then finishing it with the legend war and losing their powers to end season 1. Since all the rangers keys are already seen in their headquarters , season 2 will have them utilising the powers of past rangers which will make sense to continue with the same cast.
    Last edited by marshal99; 02-04-2013 at 01:29 AM.

The bad guys in shinkengers are kind of uninspiring and dull but keep at it , it does get a bit better towards the end.
    Looking at the wiki list, I stopped at Episode 20. I did go ahead and watch the movies, though.

How many episodes are there for megaforce ? I imagine that they will condensed goseigers and skipped a lot of it and then finishing it with the legend war and losing their powers to end season 1. Since all the rangers keys are already seen in their headquarters , season 2 will have them utilising the powers of past rangers which will make sense to continue with the same cast.
    I want to say 22 per season, 20 regular episodes, 2 specials (Halloween and Christmas). Not sure how they'll count the Great War movie, if it'll be a 2-3 parter or its own special. So technically we should get 20 eps of Goseiger adaptation, and then 20 eps of Gokaiger adaptation.

-Excelsior

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

I wonder if Mako was inspired by the manga and live action movie Sex and Fury? The heroine of the manga/films wore her kimono just like that when she fought.
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

Well I saw the first episode of Megaforce. I'm underwhelmed. Everything seems to be slightly better than Samurai. I probably shouldn't have expected a stark improvement, but...I don't know, just made me think what Disney would have done. The years Disney was in control they seemed to revitalize the franchise, and now with Saban back...he seems content with direct translations (Samurai) or reliving the glory days (seems a little too similar to MMPR, complete with a Zordon). I haven't watched Goseiger (still stuck on the middle of Shinkinger cause I lost interest), so I don't know if Gosei is from the translation, or the Alpha-type sidekick he/it has. But if not, well, its ironic they're trying to ape MMPR without a Rita stand in of some sort.
    It's because the goseiger series itself is an attempt at imitating zyuranger, the series that gave rise to the original mmpr though unlike the heroes in zyuranger the goseiangels are offshoots of humanity instead of dinosaur men . However one of the few unique things about the goseiger series was its use of the villain as the central character in the series. Everything revolves around him. It's why they can't have a Rita since the turnover in villains is pretty high in the series.
    Last edited by Hound of UIster; 02-04-2013 at 06:05 AM.