Page 84 of 114 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1699
    Omnidisciplinary Nerd

watching the SPD episode where the team goes to japan. can't help but wonder: Who'd win, Katan or the samurai rangers

BANNED

How does one from America go about getting his hands of the Japanese version of Power Rangers (Samurai Sentai Shinkenger)? Is this something that can just be purchased on Amazon or soemthing? Is it possible to get it english subbed?

Also, I see that Power Rangers Super Samurai is available on blu-ray (next month), but I don't see the first 20 episodes of Power Rangers Samurai available on blu-ray? Am I missing something?
    Last edited by jediracer; 11-26-2012 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jediracer View Post
    How does one from America go about getting his hands of the Japanese version of Power Rangers (Samurai Sentai Shinkenger)? Is this something that can just be purchased on Amazon or soemthing? Is it possible to get it english subbed?
    Mmm...all I can says is most folks get it the "wrong" way. Let your imagination run wild on that one.

Also, I see that Power Rangers Super Samurai is available on blu-ray (next month), but I don't see the first 20 episodes of Power Rangers Samurai available on blu-ray? Am I missing something?
    I think that's normal, but I'm not sure.
    I have this idea for the next X-teme Games Gold Medal Event--Bear Tickling. Its like Bull riding but more X-treme! You are timed on how long you can tickle a bear before he attacks you.

-Excelsior

You can order from http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/ can be a bit pricey and sorry no subtitles (unless otherwise noted). Don't know if Amazon.JP would deliver to North America.
    Broadcast OTA = Free TV
    Basic Cable = Low Cost TV
    Premium Cable = Mid Cost TV
    PPV = High Cost TV
    OK!?!
    Wild Card
    My DVDs

Would be crazy to order from cdjapan as it's super pricey and no subs.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Story is what it is , how do you actually write 2 huge different franchise into a story that makes sense and isn't a huge mess ? I think the movie was done by the same guy who did all those decade movies and those were a bit of a mess so i wasn't expecting a great storyline.
    Considering the actors from Gokaiger , Decade , Go-buster, Den-O , Meteor , Fourze etc alll appeared and not just the suits , most of them were just cameos in the movie. Gokaiger & Decade casts got the most exposure but even then , it wasn't that much.
    the problem was giving Decade such a huge part of the film. Decade is just a big ball of nonsense. you'd think they would know better by now.

Would be crazy to order from cdjapan as it's super pricey and no subs.
    No one said doing things the right way was easy. Japanese products in general tend to be a bit pricey. As for "no subs" I was surprise to find out there are some Official Japanese Discs with English Subtitles on them. If there's none it means the rights holder (ie Toei) chose not to put them on and there's nothing CDJapan or any other retailer could do about it. Like I said He could try to see if the prices are better at http://www.amazon.co.jp/ but I don't know if they will ship outside of The Pacific Rim also he could check http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/
    I did a search on the American Amazon and there seem to be a few available just as "pricey" as CDJapan if not more so (although with shipping it might be a wash).
    Broadcast OTA = Free TV
    Basic Cable = Low Cost TV
    Premium Cable = Mid Cost TV
    PPV = High Cost TV
    OK!?!
    Wild Card
    My DVDs

I thought PR super samurai is still on the air ?! How can they come out on blu-ray that fast ?!

As for shinkenger , it was a fun series. Hasn't watched the american one but from the reviews i read here , it sucked so nothing new there.

BANNED

I thought PR super samurai is still on the air ?! How can they come out on blu-ray that fast ?!

As for shinkenger , it was a fun series. Hasn't watched the american one but from the reviews i read here , it sucked so nothing new there.
    There are two episodes left, and the blu-ray is listed on amazon as being available on December 4, literally three days after the last episode is set to air on Nick.

now that was interesting...

BANNED

what was interesting?

BANNED

I've now watched about half a dozen episodes of shinkenger, and it's pretty fun to note the similarities and differences. aside form japanese-american cultural differences, the biggest difference I think is that the american version is geared toward a much younger audience. also, in the japanese version, shinken red is kind of a dick.

I've now watched about half a dozen episodes of shinkenger, and it's pretty fun to note the similarities and differences. aside form japanese-american cultural differences, the biggest difference I think is that the american version is geared toward a much younger audience. also, in the japanese version, shinken red is kind of a dick.
    Shinken-red warmed up later in the series and got much better, it's a cultural thing. Feudal lord system of the past.

Their movie special "Shinkenger returns" was just plain wacky.
    Last edited by marshal99; 11-29-2012 at 07:23 AM.

Shinken red's more of a badass than Samurai red.

watching some episodes of SPD...why can't we have more characters like Bridge?
    Support your local roller derby league