Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile General Grievous General Questions For Tony Thread

Hey Tony,

Hope you don't mind this me starting this Thread.

The Purpose. simple.

Post all General Comic book and Fiction questions for Tony bedard.

The reason. so Tony's other threads are not mangled and ruined and convoluted.
    i want his other threads to stay on topic.

so Thread will serve as a General Topics and questions and fun thread.

First one.

Tony. how do feel about the character of Nightwing? dick grayson?

Have you scribed any wing tales?
    would you like to?

Tony.

who are your top villains in comics ever?

Dc, marvel, image, it does not matter.

how can i boost tonys forums popularity and post count for him if nobody will even post!!!!!!!!

Post comic book related questions here for tony and being the nice approachable guy he is, he will anwser the your questions accordingly.

Regards
    Jedi scum!
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

We don't need anyone else to post, general. Me and you are taking down Ron Marzzzzzzzz just like Obi-Wan and Anakin took down, uh...you?

Anyhow, I like Nightwing just fine. In fact, he's appearing in my upcoming BATMAN CONFIDENTIAL story arc, wearing his original blue and gold outfit that Perez stuck him in way back in NEW TEEN TITANS. My fave NIGHTWING run is by Dixon and McDaniel. It was a thrill to work with Scott on JSA CLASSIFIED.

My favorite comic villains? Hm...Magneto, Doom, MODOK, Solomon Grundy, Luthor, Amazo...this is actually harder than I thought. I'll get back with more...
    Visit the RETRO ROCKET homepage!
    http://www.jasonorfalas.com/retrorocket.htm

Okay, just for kicks, what do you think about Starro?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Bedard View Post
    We don't need anyone else to post, general. Me and you are taking down Ron Marzzzzzzzz just like Obi-Wan and Anakin took down, uh...you?

Obi-wan got lucky!!!!!!!, Grievous was trained in the jedi arts by count dooku himself!, ok moving on.

Anyhow, I like Nightwing just fine. In fact, he's appearing in my upcoming BATMAN CONFIDENTIAL story arc, wearing his original blue and gold outfit that Perez stuck him in way back in NEW TEEN TITANS. My fave NIGHTWING run is by Dixon and McDaniel. It was a thrill to work with Scott on JSA CLASSIFIED.

nightwing=brill, Gold and blue outfit=nooooooo!!!!!
    joking, i guess it's a flashback scene? actually don't tell me i'll pick it up anyways.

My favorite comic villains? Hm...Magneto, Doom, MODOK, Solomon Grundy, Luthor, Amazo...this is actually harder than I thought. I'll get back with more...
    Agreed, we all heros as much as we love the villains, the list is endless.

for me,
    deathstroke is number one
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"

Agreed: Deathstroke rules.

I'm not a big Starro fan, though.

I liked the Lord High Papal from Starlin's DREADSTAR series. I like Black Manta, too! Joker's a classic, but I tend to prefer less obvious ones. Frankly, I like Bane a lot, though there's quite a few Bane haters out there.

Ra's al Ghul might be my fave Batman villain.

here's a question,

After Dc had jeph loeb and jim lee create a great villain in HUSH.
    the eponymous villain himself was just forgotting about!!!

why would dc not tap into the tom elliot character again?
    i always felt jim lee's characters get neglected in comics.

ie. gambit?(created with chis claremont) Hush(tom elliot) equus?(from for tommorow) omega red(from xmen)

i guess there is no easy anwser, if they character no longer fills the niche, they become obsolete.

Sometimes when someone comes up with a character, it's so identified with that creator that other writers don't want to "mess with their property" so to speak. People might not want to touch Hush becuse they figure that's Jeph's character. Or maybe they're just not inspired by Hush.

But don't be so quick to think it's a Jim Lee thing. You might see Equus again before long. And Gambit is a huge character -- had his own series not so long ago.

next question.

how tough are comic book editors?

i was just thinking how hard those guys jobs are, when it comes down to it, they say what go's and what does not go? right?

have you ever been told NO! you can't use that character!

name a character you killed off for dc or marvel?if ya don't mind

Comic book editors are not so tough. I could take most of them in a fight. C'mon, Denny O'Neil! I dare ya!

Editors who would stomp me flat: Pete Tomasi, Axel Alonso (if his back wasn't hurting), Warren Simons (if he wasn't a vegetarian)...that pretty much does it. The rest of them I'd take on any day!

Editors who think they could beat me: Mike Marts (would only beat me in a beauty contest), Will Dennis (would only beat me in a hip-hop trivia contest).

Um...I just remembered: Jenny Lee could probably kick my ass. Is she still editing somewhere?

Yes, I have been told I couldn't use a character. I wanted Rogue to steal powers from M, but was steered toward Sunfire instead. Which was fine by me, since I love Sunfire.

Characters I have killed? A bunch in EXILES, but mostly alternate reality versions of the characters. You could say I killed off Mimic and Morph, though.

How ya like me now, Will Dennis?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Bedard View Post
    Characters I have killed? A bunch in EXILES, but mostly alternate reality versions of the characters. You could say I killed off Mimic and Morph, though.
    You didn't kill off Morph. You made him more interesting.;)

You need to get crackin' on getting your DC kill count to match your Marvel one.

What are some of your favorite comic book stories/arcs?

whats's up tony, yes it's me im here again!

i'd say dan didio could kick ass in a scrap!!!

he's from the mighty bronx! same place as fat joe the gangsta rapper!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    You didn't kill off Morph. You made him more interesting.;)

You need to get crackin' on getting your DC kill count to match your Marvel one.

What are some of your favorite comic book stories/arcs?
    im not tony, but a fav tony bedard story arc of mine is "spiderman breakout" which tied in with the new avengers.

there are lots of villains in this story.

and a great moment when spiderman has a gun pointed to his head , and he is sooo powerless against his will

Quote Originally Posted by General Grievous View Post
    im not tony, but a fav tony bedard story arc of mine is "spiderman breakout" which tied in with the new avengers.

there are lots of villains in this story.

and a great moment when spiderman has a gun pointed to his head , and he is sooo powerless against his will
    I didn't mean just his stories, though that's fine if he likes his stuff that much.

I guess I need to read Spider-Man Breakout. At the time, I didn't know Tony was writing it and was really unhappy with the first New Avengers arc.