Page 87 of 311 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 4656
  1. #1291
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Trekkie View Post
    Have the comics finally nailed down an origin for the Joker? It's just a more realistic interpretation of Batman. I can appreciate that, all these different interpretations are cool. I'm hoping that eventually we'll get a Batman movie with a much more noirish setting (maybe a movie based on The Long Halloween) but I'm cool with what they're doing.
    The details vary a little in the set up but the most commonly accepted punchline at this point is he fell into a vat of chemicals while wearing the Red Hook mask and when he took the mask off, his hair, lips and face were bleached their well known colours.

    I'm sure the movie will be entertaining but I'm wondering if the Joker will actually bear much likeness to any previous portrayal.

  2. #1292
    Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    46,312

    Default

    comic Joker's backstory sucked.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

  3. #1293
    Hater of the Year The Zapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cobra Island
    Posts
    10,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    comic Joker's backstory sucked.
    And will be dismissed in the next couple of years.
    Everything burns...

  4. #1294
    news editor andy khouri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,559

    Default

    I'm just of the view if it's not broke, don't try to to fix it. It's worked fine for nearly 70 years. The Joker's aesthetic blueprint was fine as is. If they are going to change that, a reason would be nice.
    It seems to me the aesthetic blueprint is identical to that of the past 70 years: White face, red lips, green hair. There's just a scar now, too, which I assume will be explained in the film, but even if it's not, I can tell you that based on the footage I saw tonight, the explanation for the scar and the make-up is immediately apparent:

    spoilers:
    THE JOKER IS BATSHIT FUCKING LOCO.
    end of spoilers

  5. #1295
    BANNED kmeyers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In madness we dwell
    Posts
    5,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andy khouri View Post
    It seems to me the aesthetic blueprint is identical to that of the past 70 years: White face, red lips, green hair. There's just a scar now, too, which I assume will be explained in the film, but even if it's not, I can tell you that based on the footage I saw tonight, the explanation for the scar and the make-up is immediately apparent:

    spoilers:
    THE JOKER IS BATSHIT FUCKING LOCO.
    end of spoilers
    Awesome. It says a hell of a lot when an actor like Michael Caine is moved so much by a performance, that he forgets his own lines.

  6. #1296
    Caped Fear FCEEVIPER's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Gothams Westend
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Trekkie View Post
    I didn't hear Andy Dick when I heard it. It sounded like some weird voice cross between Joker from The Batman and Joker from BTAS. Which is kinda cool in my opinion.
    Hell yeah! He sounds great!

  7. #1297
    Mild-Mannered Reporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    28,866

    Default

    Tease "The Dark Knight" - SPOILERS

    Gotham Times press pass in hand, CBR's Andy Khouri made his way into Thursday's Joker event in Los Angeles, where he and hundreds of Joker fans saw IMAX footage from "The Dark Knight." SPOILER WARNING.

    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=12535

  8. #1298
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    119

    Cool

    anyone recorded and uploaded said prologue yet? i've found nothing.

  9. #1299
    Ooo... shiny! xnef1025's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superbeast View Post
    The details vary a little in the set up but the most commonly accepted punchline at this point is he fell into a vat of chemicals while wearing the Red Hook mask and when he took the mask off, his hair, lips and face were bleached their well known colours.

    I'm sure the movie will be entertaining but I'm wondering if the Joker will actually bear much likeness to any previous portrayal.
    When the Joker first appeared in the comics, there was no origin. He was just a freaky looking, scary, psychopathic killer. The comics didn't give him an origin for 11 years. There's no reason to waste a lot of time on an origin unless it ties directly into how Batman stops him.

    Those spoilers from the IMAX event sound awesome, and it sounds like the crazy kind of crap the Joker would pull.

  10. #1300
    Texan Barbarian Rabid Trekkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Pasadena, Tx
    Posts
    1,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xnef1025 View Post
    When the Joker first appeared in the comics, there was no origin. He was just a freaky looking, scary, psychopathic killer. The comics didn't give him an origin for 11 years. There's no reason to waste a lot of time on an origin unless it ties directly into how Batman stops him.

    Those spoilers from the IMAX event sound awesome, and it sounds like the crazy kind of crap the Joker would pull.
    Really, as long as the Joker acts like the Joker I don't care what origin they give him. Heck the set up at the end of Batman Begins is good enough with Batman's crazy costume giving the Joker all the incentive he needs to unleash his creativity.

  11. #1301
    Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    46,312

    Default

    when's that preview going to be on-line? why bother withholding it? it's not like i'm going to be more excited to see the movie without it.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

  12. #1302
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    7,294

    Default

    Well, it always nice to know more about the character and try to understand them.

    But we've got 3 Joker origin issues that I can think of in comics plus a movie, and probably more LOTDK early Joker stories. Let the folks who haven't seen it four times be upset if they feel like it.

  13. #1303
    news editor andy khouri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    when's that preview going to be on-line? why bother withholding it? it's not like i'm going to be more excited to see the movie without it.
    I've heard there'll be some kind of preview in front of "I Am Legend," but I'm not certain. If s, I suspect it will be the montage shown at the end of the bank robbing scene, and not the heist sequence itself as that was a special thing for superfans.

    In any case, some kind of trailer should be hitting the net soon.

  14. #1304
    Goodbye CBR. Take Care.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Tease "The Dark Knight" - SPOILERS

    Gotham Times press pass in hand, CBR's Andy Khouri made his way into Thursday's Joker event in Los Angeles, where he and hundreds of Joker fans saw IMAX footage from "The Dark Knight." SPOILER WARNING.

    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=12535



    Wow, that gave me shivers just reading about it. I am really looking forward to this movie.

  15. #1305
    Bitch please. MaxofSteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Your Mom
    Posts
    3,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Tease "The Dark Knight" - SPOILERS

    Gotham Times press pass in hand, CBR's Andy Khouri made his way into Thursday's Joker event in Los Angeles, where he and hundreds of Joker fans saw IMAX footage from "The Dark Knight." SPOILER WARNING.

    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=12535
    Dang, I wonder why spoilers:
    James Gordon would "emotionally" axe up the Bat Signal...
    end of spoilers 0_0 !

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •