Page 87 of 311 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 4656
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Trekkie View Post
    Have the comics finally nailed down an origin for the Joker? It's just a more realistic interpretation of Batman. I can appreciate that, all these different interpretations are cool. I'm hoping that eventually we'll get a Batman movie with a much more noirish setting (maybe a movie based on The Long Halloween) but I'm cool with what they're doing.
    The details vary a little in the set up but the most commonly accepted punchline at this point is he fell into a vat of chemicals while wearing the Red Hook mask and when he took the mask off, his hair, lips and face were bleached their well known colours.

I'm sure the movie will be entertaining but I'm wondering if the Joker will actually bear much likeness to any previous portrayal.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

comic Joker's backstory sucked.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    comic Joker's backstory sucked.
    And will be dismissed in the next couple of years.
    Everything burns...

I'm just of the view if it's not broke, don't try to to fix it. It's worked fine for nearly 70 years. The Joker's aesthetic blueprint was fine as is. If they are going to change that, a reason would be nice.
    It seems to me the aesthetic blueprint is identical to that of the past 70 years: White face, red lips, green hair. There's just a scar now, too, which I assume will be explained in the film, but even if it's not, I can tell you that based on the footage I saw tonight, the explanation for the scar and the make-up is immediately apparent:

spoilers:
    THE JOKER IS BATSHIT FUCKING LOCO.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by andy khouri View Post
    It seems to me the aesthetic blueprint is identical to that of the past 70 years: White face, red lips, green hair. There's just a scar now, too, which I assume will be explained in the film, but even if it's not, I can tell you that based on the footage I saw tonight, the explanation for the scar and the make-up is immediately apparent:

spoilers:
    THE JOKER IS BATSHIT FUCKING LOCO.
    end of spoilers
    Awesome. It says a hell of a lot when an actor like Michael Caine is moved so much by a performance, that he forgets his own lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Trekkie View Post
    I didn't hear Andy Dick when I heard it. It sounded like some weird voice cross between Joker from The Batman and Joker from BTAS. Which is kinda cool in my opinion.
    Hell yeah! He sounds great!

Mild-Mannered Reporter

Tease "The Dark Knight" - SPOILERS

Gotham Times press pass in hand, CBR's Andy Khouri made his way into Thursday's Joker event in Los Angeles, where he and hundreds of Joker fans saw IMAX footage from "The Dark Knight." SPOILER WARNING.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=12535

BANNED

Cool

anyone recorded and uploaded said prologue yet? i've found nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Superbeast View Post
    The details vary a little in the set up but the most commonly accepted punchline at this point is he fell into a vat of chemicals while wearing the Red Hook mask and when he took the mask off, his hair, lips and face were bleached their well known colours.

I'm sure the movie will be entertaining but I'm wondering if the Joker will actually bear much likeness to any previous portrayal.
    When the Joker first appeared in the comics, there was no origin. He was just a freaky looking, scary, psychopathic killer. The comics didn't give him an origin for 11 years. There's no reason to waste a lot of time on an origin unless it ties directly into how Batman stops him.

Those spoilers from the IMAX event sound awesome, and it sounds like the crazy kind of crap the Joker would pull.

Quote Originally Posted by xnef1025 View Post
    When the Joker first appeared in the comics, there was no origin. He was just a freaky looking, scary, psychopathic killer. The comics didn't give him an origin for 11 years. There's no reason to waste a lot of time on an origin unless it ties directly into how Batman stops him.

Those spoilers from the IMAX event sound awesome, and it sounds like the crazy kind of crap the Joker would pull.
    Really, as long as the Joker acts like the Joker I don't care what origin they give him. Heck the set up at the end of Batman Begins is good enough with Batman's crazy costume giving the Joker all the incentive he needs to unleash his creativity.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

when's that preview going to be on-line? why bother withholding it? it's not like i'm going to be more excited to see the movie without it.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Veteran Member

Well, it always nice to know more about the character and try to understand them.

But we've got 3 Joker origin issues that I can think of in comics plus a movie, and probably more LOTDK early Joker stories. Let the folks who haven't seen it four times be upset if they feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    when's that preview going to be on-line? why bother withholding it? it's not like i'm going to be more excited to see the movie without it.
    I've heard there'll be some kind of preview in front of "I Am Legend," but I'm not certain. If s, I suspect it will be the montage shown at the end of the bank robbing scene, and not the heist sequence itself as that was a special thing for superfans.

In any case, some kind of trailer should be hitting the net soon.

Goodbye CBR. Take Care.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post

Gotham Times press pass in hand, CBR's Andy Khouri made his way into Thursday's Joker event in Los Angeles, where he and hundreds of Joker fans saw IMAX footage from "The Dark Knight." SPOILER WARNING.

Wow, that gave me shivers just reading about it. I am really looking forward to this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post

Dang, I wonder why spoilers:
    James Gordon would "emotionally" axe up the Bat Signal...
    end of spoilers 0_0 !