Page 216 of 311 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 4656

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    By that reasoning though, why couldn't he use the weapons on the Bat-pod to blow Joker away while he was shooting people dead in the street?
    he didn't

SPOILERS

try to kill Harvey, he just wanted to get him away from the kid so he tackled.

END

-T

spoilers:
    I dont think he is dead. I think there was an instance in the comics when he was reported dead and actually got transferred to Arkham Asylum for psych treatment and stuff like that..

Even if Nolan may not be following this plotline, I still think he's not dead.. Severely injured definitely, but dead? No.

I hope he comes back in the 3rd part. Cos he was too good a villain to be killed off so tamely.. In fact, this was my only regret after watching The Dark Knight.

And yeah, did anyone notice the irony that the villain who is still alive [Joker] at the end of the movie has expired, while the villain who is/might be dead is alive? Pretty fucked up, huh? Fate can be a bitch sometimes...
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by kanjisheik; 07-18-2008 at 12:55 PM.

SPOILERS

Yeah, I would regret that if I really thought he was dead.

also, someone said Montoya could compromise him since she knows...but I think she feels too guilty to go against Gordon's wishes like that at this point.

END SPOILERS
    -T

I am seeing this in two hours and I am geeking out so fucking hard I can't even believe it.

I don't know that I've been this excited for a movie since the first X-Men, or possibly Episode 1.

More to it, I haven't heard anything to suggest that this won't more or less meet my high expectation that this be the best comic book movie ever.

Well, to be fair, it is drastically different from the other contenders for "best comic book movie," so I wouldn't say that for sure. It was realy, really good, though.

i give this movie 5 out of 5.
    does it have flaws? of course.
    but no movie is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    I know a couple of fool suckers who are being the same way. If they can't hang they can't hang though. If they want to be babies it's their loss.

Hey home, I can dig it. You know he ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap up on you man.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

http://www.newsarama.com/film/ap-088...ht-record.html

TDK has broken its first record! It knocked RotS outta the #1 spot for midnight screenings. Ouch.

One down, all of the rest of them to go.

The Dark Knight Sets New Record for Midnight Openings

With an estimated $18.5 million earned since its opening at 12:00 AM this morning, Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight" has broken the "Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith" record for biggest earnings for a midnight openings.

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=17301

Quote Originally Posted by kanjisheik View Post
    spoilers:
    I dont think he is dead. I think there was an instance in the comics when he was reported dead and actually got transferred to Arkham Asylum for psych treatment and stuff like that..

Even if Nolan may not be following this plotline, I still think he's not dead.. Severely injured definitely, but dead? No.

I hope he comes back in the 3rd part. Cos he was too good a villain to be killed off so tamely.. In fact, this was my only regret after watching The Dark Knight.

And yeah, did anyone notice the irony that the villain who is still alive [Joker] at the end of the movie has expired, while the villain who is/might be dead is alive? Pretty fucked up, huh? Fate can be a bitch sometimes...
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    well, the coin that landed next to Dent had the good side face up, possibly hinting that he is alive if anything. So they could be just hiding him away. But I hope they wouldn't make him return.

The Joker...could be alive, he could be dead. They left that up for interpretation. He's hanging there, slowly going down, and then he's lowered in front of a Swat team with their guns drawn. As far as we know, they may have gunned him down there or they may have captured him. It could swing either way
    end of spoilers

Great movie, loved it, plan on seeing it again tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Hey home, I can dig it. You know he ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap up on you man.
    Aww man, DonC roll cherry with the street dictionary.

I'll probably watch it again on Saturday, and next week on Tuesday.

I'm dressed to thrill! Murrocko's Avatar

After seeing this movie, I'm leftr wondering how do you top that? The Riddler? Catwoman? Who can they bring in for the next film that'll be better than what we just recieved?
    "My former associate has a thing for bats? You took up a pipe to quit smoking cigarettes? Wait, howzabout - holy mistaken identity!"

--Nightwing

WOW

Blown away doesn't even begin to describe how I feel right now...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    http://www.newsarama.com/film/ap-088...ht-record.html

TDK has broken its first record! It knocked RotS outta the #1 spot for midnight screenings. Ouch.

One down, all of the rest of them to go.
    I thought that was interesting in retrospect, given your comment about TDK being bigger than Star Wars... which, in at least one respect it is.

I like watching the internet eat their words; can't wait for monday when we get the final numbers... and I can look back at the "Box Office Predictions" thread. Hopefully it'll be like looking back at the first few pages of this thread.