Default what is the Target audience for Shonen Jump

In japan.

Is it kids or teenagers?

I would say that male kids, teens, and even adults are thier target audiance.
    Last edited by Kevin M.; 02-16-2007 at 10:34 PM.
    Have beer, will drink!

Mostly kids to early teens.

It's called Shonen Jump for a reason.
    This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair!

Hmm. I guess our analog would go: 'I like my real-life like my eroge heroines: flat and two-dimensional.'
    -gp32

In a word: Boys.

However, it is the most widely read magazine in all of Japan and enjoys a healthy base of support from every age and sex demographic. But boys are the actual target market, the other readers are incidental markets.
    ComixCube.com : Freestyle Fridays -- comics talk to start your weekend.

Nefarious Cartoonist

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    In japan.

Is it kids or teenagers?
    Kids, primarily boys.

Though it's one of those magazines with lots of popular manga that tends to get widely read. Teenage/young women are a core component of that wide readership for example http://www.comipress.com/article/2006/08/24/624 Though it's primarily a kids magazine. Just one full of quality comics appreciated by a wide range of readers, which is why there's spinoffs like Monthly Shonen Jump [where Beet the Vandel Buster is published] skewing a tiny bit older, and offering a different assortment of titles, Ultra Jump, aimed at older teen and young male markets with titles like Read or Die and Tenjo Tenge, and Buisness Jump, aimed at Buisness men aged readers [30's, seinen].