Born under a wandrin Star Tobias March's Avatar

Default Jeremy Clarkson's Take on America

See Top Gear had Clarkson and his two happy minions travel to America. Their mission was to see if you could buy a car for just the same amount as renting one.

Along the way they set themselves various challenges, eat roadkill etc.

They arrive in Alabama with a new mission - get one of the others killed/arrested. And they go about it with gusto.

Then they pull into a gastation and everything goes wrong.

Lets watch shall we?

Looks to me like the locals weren't offended so much by the signs as they were by the suggestion that they were ignorant rednecks.
    Visit the Ace Comics & Games Digital shopfront:
    http://www.acecomics.comicretailer.com

I posted about this on the TV/Film board, and on the Youtube thread, and I'll say here what I said there...

Funniest thing I've seen in ages.
    The Hod: Novelist, raconteur and celebrated sexual athlete.

Having lived in Alabama for a short time, I actually have to say that it is a pretty nice place with pretty nice people.

But I also have to say that if a bunch of Brits come to the state looking for trouble, they really have nobody but themselves to blame for finding it.

Still, seeing that real live, honest to God terror on their faces, was well worth watching. :)

Where the Highway Ends and the Desert Breaks

Quote Originally Posted by rick View Post
    Having lived in Alabama for a short time, I actually have to say that it is a pretty nice place with pretty nice people.
    Same here. Huntsville is a damn fine city that sheds the redneck stereotype (maybe because it's the engineering capital of the US :D ). But there are still enclaves of bigoted rednecks throughout the state...but that's true of most places I guess.

I still enjoyed that Top Gear episode. One of my favorite shows.
    "Everybody, sooner or later, sits down to a banquet of consequences." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Quote Originally Posted by rick View Post
    But I also have to say that if a bunch of Brits come to the state looking for trouble, they really have nobody but themselves to blame for finding it.
    Completley agree, the three of them really made a rod for their own backs pulling a daft stunt like that.

However, the owner and customer of the gas station were hardley working very hard to dispell their stereotype were they?

Still, it made me chuckle.

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Don't tease the mean ol' dog. The mean ol' dog don't like it when you tease him. You got no one to blame but yourself if you get bitten.
    Stay away from the chimps. You can't reason with them and you'll just end up with monkey shit all over your clothes.

Internet hypocrisy #47: Being the undisputed scourge of trolls until the troll supports your side of the debate and then becoming silent.

The funniest bit was seeing them remove the slogans with Coke.

Wait, no, I tell a lie - the funniest bit was the rain. "This is God punishing us."
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

Quote Originally Posted by Charles RB View Post
    Wait, no, I tell a lie - the funniest bit was the rain. "This is God punishing us."
    The second funniest is that he's great driver, by rep, and he's afraid to pull off the road on the berm.
    Stay away from the chimps. You can't reason with them and you'll just end up with monkey shit all over your clothes.

Internet hypocrisy #47: Being the undisputed scourge of trolls until the troll supports your side of the debate and then becoming silent.

I personally thought the funniest bit was earlier in the programme when they had to go looking for something to eat.....

Quick, before the BBC reclaim it

I don't think i would ever get bored of hitting Clarkson in the face with a brick tied to a cricket bat. I would try to make it a full time cause in my life.