Um, it's over -- Mike Carey's first UFF arc is finished.
I'll leave the summary for someone else with more patience.
1. There were too many new characters unleashed all at once.
2. The plot, for an Ultimate comic, was way too complex. Come on, I wouldn't even begin to try and read this to my son. I'm not even sure I got all of the plot...
3. Very little character development -- stuff happened, people reacted, bad guys were subdued for now, and Reed has additional alien intellect -- but other than that, everything seems status quo.
What I liked:
1. The art was decent -- once I uset to the differences between Land and Ferry.
2. A couple of cool moments here and there -- Reed getting kissed, Thing losing a part of his rocky hide, and Sue's reaction to the aforementioned kiss.
Anybody else think that maybe the 616 writer (McDuffie) and the Ultimate writer (Carey) need to be flip flopped. I think McDuffie would do a great UFF, and the old time FF fans would appreciate Carey. Thoughts?
I am hanging on -- especially for Mark Brooks.
1.5 stars out of 5.
Just my two cents,