Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Can you only buy their issues through their website? I buy my books at http://www.dcbservice.com and they don't have anything listed as Heroic Publishing. Are they DBA another name?

I almost got into Heroic but found they were focusing too much on t&a for my tastes.
    Reading: Batman '66, The Fox, New Crusaders, Kings Watch, Trio/Triple Helix, Afterlife with Archie, Mysterious Strangers, Daredevil and Hawkeye. And soon: Silver Surfer...

Quote Originally Posted by jarvSthe1 View Post
    Can you only buy their issues through their website? I buy my books at http://www.dcbservice.com and they don't have anything listed as Heroic Publishing. Are they DBA another name?
    I don't know that they're available through Diamond anymore. I think you have to buy direct from their website or through the printer service.
    Quote Originally Posted by kossori View Post
    I almost got into Heroic but found they were focusing too much on t&a for my tastes.
    This is very much my issue with the company as well. Very degrading to women. LIBERTY GIRL was the only one that I've read that had a reasonable depiction of a woman. I won't read anything else they do unless it's by an established writer I trust like Roy Thomas or Tony Isabella.
    Twitter: @PAComicExaminer

Teams due for a New 52 debut

#examcomics

BANNED

^ Hmm they are a bit too over priced on their website. I would give them a chance but not at $5 each.

Quote Originally Posted by jarvSthe1 View Post
    ^ Hmm they are a bit too over priced on their website. I would give them a chance but not at $5 each.
    Quite a few Heroic Publishing titles are only $0.99 and many more are only $1.50 at DriveThruComics.com:

http://comics.drivethrustuff.com/ind...cturers_id=113

Gives you a chance to check them out at a lower price before investing in a new series.

-Matt
    -
    FlamesRising.com - Horror & Dark Fantasy Webzine

If you want to go the digital route, you can read pretty much the whole line for free on WOWIO.

#examcomics

True heavyweight wrassler Jeremy A. Patterson's Avatar

Talking

Here is the Heroic releases of November:

Adventures of Chrissie Claus #2 Color Edition (Cute Elfin girls in swimsuts!)
    Flare #38 (Introducing the all-new Sparkplug! Note: This is the last issue of Flare in which Sparkplug will be the back-up feature. Look for her in future issues of Champions!)
    League of Champions #13 (First issue of the book since 1993! They are back!)

J.A.P.

Talking

What do you think about Sparkplug moving to the pages of Champions?

J.A.P.

Will she be in it as a member of the League of Champions or as a solo back-up feature?

#examcomics

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Thomer View Post
    Will she be in it as a member of the League of Champions or as a solo back-up feature?
    She will be part of the League of Champions, but the League's adventures will appear in the 'League of Champions' book!

She will be the lead feature in Champions #45, & will be the back-up in issue #46!

J.A.P.

I've been looking forward to Aiken's and Cermak's Liberty Girl story for sometime. Too bad it's $7-8 with shipping. I'll check it out on WOWIO though.
    *Sigh* Heroic does it again. The Aiken/Cermak Liberty Girl story was removed from this issue. Instead we get the LG #4 preview that was going to be in HEROIC SPOTLIGHT #1. Looks like Heroic still doesn't have its act together. I won't be reading this issue now.

Thankfully, I didn't preorder. I feel sorry for those that did on the basis of the previous solicitation information.

#examcomics

Thumbs up

Here is another great Heroic Publishing gem out now!

Champions #44 (Icestar takes the spotlight with two complete adventures: The classic story 'Tilt!' & the all-new tale 'Real Heoes'! Plus: A bonus Flare Sunday page!)

J.A.P.

Question

*Sigh* Heroic does it again. The Aiken/Cermak Liberty Girl story was removed from this issue. Instead we get the LG #4 preview that was going to be in HEROIC SPOTLIGHT #1. Looks like Heroic still doesn't have its act together. I won't be reading this issue now.

Thankfully, I didn't preorder. I feel sorry for those that did on the basis of the previous solicitation information.
    The main reason for that is the reshuffling of contents that Heroic Spotlight #1 underwent, with Dark Malice being the cover feature now & the back-up being a reprint of the first appearance of Indigo!

J.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy A. Patterson View Post
    The main reason for that is the reshuffling of contents that Heroic Spotlight #1 underwent, with Dark Malice being the cover feature now & the back-up being a reprint of the first appearance of Indigo!

J.A.P.
    And what was the reason for that?

The point remains that Heroic changed the material after announcing the issues and making them available for pre-order. And it does this regularly. It's a terrible amateurish business practice.

#examcomics

Talking

And what was the reason for that?

The point remains that Heroic changed the material after announcing the issues and making them available for pre-order. And it does this regularly. It's a terrible amateurish business practice.
    They were trying to adapt to suit better tastes!

J.A.P.