View Poll Results: Whats your favorite Rumiko Takahashi anime adaptation?

Voters
7. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • InuYasha

1 14.29%
  • Maison Ikkoku

2 28.57%
  • Mermaid Saga

0 0%
  • One Pound Gospel

0 0%
  • Ranma 1/2

4 57.14%
  • Rumiko Takahashi Anthology

0 0%
  • Urusei Yatsura

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%

Default Your favorite Rumiko Takahashi anime adaptation

For me it would be:

1. Maison Ikkoku
    2. Mermaid Saga
    3. Ranma 1/2
    4. Urusei Yatsura (still watching this & not very far)
    5. InuYasha (Could only watch the first 60 episodes...)

My sentiments are much the same as Len's.

It's funny since Inuyasha and Ranma seem to have completely reversed strengths/weaknesses.

Ranma 1/2's stength, for me, is it's zany unpredictability, it's hijinks, it's unique combination of serious action with comedic subplots, it's eccentric characters, it's masculine-soap-opera feel.

It has a kind of aimlessness to it (the anime does, anyway), yet I find it quite charming, and I find that they introduce new characters at just the right pace.

However, Ranma lacks an 'epic' feeling to it that I like to see in anime. Even the Ranma movies don't really capture that for me, though they admittably come close. Ranma has few good pure antagonists (Kuno, Ryoga, Happosai were all good when they first arrived... but later on became protagonists or largely comedic characters. Pantyhose Taro was really the only anime Ranma character that really came across as a good antagonist for me).

On the flip side... InuYasha has a pretty good epic feel to it, and it's loaded with great antagonists (even the antagonists that don't show up often are pretty good, I find). Still, I've come to find it a bit overly formulaic, and lacking some of the zany charm of Ranma. Since it's so plot-heavy (as oppossed to Ranma's much more character-driven stories), I find that it's often hard to keep up with.

I'd have to say Inuyasha, for lack of experience in Takahashi-anime. I started seeing the anime and when I looked into the manga, I found I actually prefered the anime.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Ranma 1/2. I have only seen some of Urusei, alot of Inuyasha, and alot of Ranma. Everyone knows Inuyasha is repetetive, Urusei...I haven't seen enough of, and Ranma....that I will say, I loved...

Nefarious Cartoonist

Maison Ikkoku all the way. It's just the bestest, and very story focused :)