View Poll Results: Grade The Movie!

Voters
407. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • A+--Greatest Comic Movie Ever!

    209 51.35%
  • A--Excellent!

    154 37.84%
  • B---Very Good but could have been better

    33 8.11%
  • C---Meh, just okay

    5 1.23%
  • D--Very let down; even "Catwoman" was better!

    3 0.74%
  • F---Complete Failure; what happened??

    3 0.74%
Page 105 of 293 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 4382
  1. #1561
    Welcome to Bleeker Street MRP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I'm just saying, compare it to Battleship's trailer.
    There was a sense of awe when that first Sphere smacked into the cars.
    Avengers' TV spot came and went too quickly, and nobody in the room noticed it. That's a bad sign if you screwed the pooch on the hype!

    As opposed to the reaction where I was to the Battleship trailer-oh look a Transformers ripoff as the sphere rolled in, then the title credits and one guy said it all for us.."Battleship? Battleship? Are you f----ing kiddin' me? Battleship? No f---ing way that gets my money!" The same guy on Avengers-Daaaaaamn that looks good, loved the others gotta see this!"

    Last time that guy bought a comic book? Around abouts 1990 when we were in college.

    What was more worrisome for the Avengers..the other folks in the room who talked about the only super-hero movie worth going to see is going to be Batman to a lot of general nodding of agreement. The consensus, they were tired of superhero action movies for the most part but Batman had them excited.

    -M
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco

  2. #1562
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marvelgeek View Post
    Trailer was amazing. The fans on comicvine are whining over nothing, seriously just read a comment comparing Cap's new look to Adam West's Batman. The movie will do great
    But the whiners ARE the majority audience!

  3. #1563
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    As opposed to the reaction where I was to the Battleship trailer-oh look a Transformers ripoff as the sphere rolled in, then the title credits and one guy said it all for us.."Battleship? Battleship? Are you f----ing kiddin' me? Battleship? No f---ing way that gets my money!" The same guy on Avengers-Daaaaaamn that looks good, loved the others gotta see this!"

    Last time that guy bought a comic book? Around abouts 1990 when we were in college.

    What was more worrisome for the Avengers..the other folks in the room who talked about the only super-hero movie worth going to see is going to be Batman to a lot of general nodding of agreement. The consensus, they were tired of superhero action movies for the most part but Batman had them excited.

    -M
    Well EVERYONE thought that the name Battleship was stupid. But despite it's name, the trailer looked decent.

    But yeah, DKR is going to be the overblown movie of the summer.

  4. #1564
    Senior Member The_Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    But the whiners ARE the majority audience!
    repeat after me, cynical sarcastic narcissistic fanboys are the minority, cynical sarcastic narcissistic fanboys are the minority.

    The minority and sooo 2010.

  5. #1565
    Senior Member The_Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Well EVERYONE thought that the name Battleship was stupid. But despite it's name, the trailer looked decent.

    But yeah, DKR is going to be the overblown movie of the summer.
    Dark Knight better hope it premiers before The Avengers. Because no one is going to think its very 'super' after May 4th.

  6. #1566
    Elder Member Vic Vega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Ronin View Post
    repeat after me, cynical sarcastic narcissistic fanboys are the minority, cynical sarcastic narcissistic fanboys are the minority.

    The minority and sooo 2010.
    This.

    The target audience for this aren't comic geeks at all.

    Haven't been for a while now either.

  7. #1567
    BANNED Jake V's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    11,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Ronin View Post
    Dark Knight better hope it premiers before The Avengers. Because no one is going to think its very 'super' after May 4th.
    Yeah, thats what people said right before The Dark Knight made a billion dollars.

    Never underestimate the importance of having a name that has been well known for 70 years.

  8. #1568
    Elder Member DeadXMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Big O
    Posts
    23,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jake V View Post
    Yeah, thats what people said right before The Dark Knight made a billion dollars.

    Never underestimate the importance of having a name that has been well known for 70 years.
    you mean like"Captian America"?

    Plus there's no dead heart throb either.
    Cyclops ad portas

  9. #1569
    Junior Member devrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Cool trailer, especially the extended version! Over in bleeding cool they found out who or what Loki's army are! According to bleeding cool, it's the muspelheim, the sons of muspel. From the surtur's saga storyline in Thor during simonson's run on the comic. Bleeding cool made a convincing case.

  10. #1570
    BANNED Jake V's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    11,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    you mean like"Captian America"?

    Plus there's no dead heart throb either.
    Lets not pretend that Captain America is the same kind of pop culture icon that Batman is.

  11. #1571

    Default

    OMG that Superbowl trailer was so awesome!

    I don't know which to be more excited for, this or TDKR!

  12. #1572
    Elder Member DeadXMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Big O
    Posts
    23,186

    Default

    Cap is just as much intertwine into pop coulture just as much as Batman is.

    bth are golden age heroes the actually servied the fiftes.

    Both have Mutli media hits
    going back to film serieals.

    The only differance is Cap has not had the bump like batman did in the 89 and90's do to Marvel's licencing was a rat's nest until after the bank rupcey which is why we have that crapy cap movie from the 90's and coreman's FF.


    but where you fail to realizes is that this is not just Cap, but Iron Man, Hulk and Thor, who are also big in pop culture, Most of the actors arel coming off thier suscessfu solol movies and have a grasp on thier charectures not to mention are skilled in working with an essemble cast, Marvel has a strong fan base of both comic and non-comic fans. Then adding Whedon to direct a known marvel geek and also have a cult following. All thing look good for the advengers.

    Am I saying it will beat TDK record? No, but I doubt DKR will either.
    Cyclops ad portas

  13. #1573
    Senior Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marvelgeek View Post
    Trailer was amazing. The fans on comicvine are whining over nothing, seriously just read a comment comparing Cap's new look to Adam West's Batman. The movie will do great
    WTF?

    BTW, am I crazy for thinking that, ignoring the mask, the USO costume was by far the best of the three we've seen? I mean, the mask was really cheesy and I know the costume was intended to be cheesy too but I just think it basically looked perfect. I was actually stunned, I'd never seen a spandex superhero costume that looked that good. Maybe its because Evans had the physique for it? I dunno.

  14. #1574
    Brown Moose Indiegypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    WTF?

    BTW, am I crazy for thinking that, ignoring the mask, the USO costume was by far the best of the three we've seen? I mean, the mask was really cheesy and I know the costume was intended to be cheesy too but I just think it basically looked perfect. I was actually stunned, I'd never seen a spandex superhero costume that looked that good. Maybe its because Evans had the physique for it? I dunno.
    I was more fond of the army/biker look of his later suit in The First Avenger. Apparantly, they're selling a replica of that jacket on Ebay. Might be picking that up, even if I certainly don't have the physique for it. More and more getting used to his new outfit. Think it looks really good.

    Really sweet trailer, by the way. Good to finally see some Hulk action as well. Just picked up the Empire Magazine issue with the Avengers feature. Cap cover.
    Last edited by Indiegypsy; 02-06-2012 at 01:35 AM.

  15. #1575
    Junior Member marvelgeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    WTF?

    BTW, am I crazy for thinking that, ignoring the mask, the USO costume was by far the best of the three we've seen? I mean, the mask was really cheesy and I know the costume was intended to be cheesy too but I just think it basically looked perfect. I was actually stunned, I'd never seen a spandex superhero costume that looked that good. Maybe its because Evans had the physique for it? I dunno.
    I kid you not, they were comparing cowl styles between the two

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •