View Poll Results: Grade The Movie!

Voters
407. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • A+--Greatest Comic Movie Ever!

209 51.35%
  • A--Excellent!

154 37.84%
  • B---Very Good but could have been better

33 8.11%
  • C---Meh, just okay

5 1.23%
  • D--Very let down; even "Catwoman" was better!

3 0.74%
  • F---Complete Failure; what happened??

3 0.74%
Page 283 of 293 FirstFirst ... 183233273279280281282283284285286287 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 4382
    Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Batman's a scientist.

Real Genius, too.
    at one time, he might have made a great Pym too. but Duhamel does not equal Kilmer.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ImpulseUCF View Post
    Again with the childishly-simplistic, black and white morality. The council are "villains." They are the modern fictional movie archetype shadowy group that makes unsavory decisions for the "greater good." It appears obvious to me that when people began arguing about the merits of nuking NYC it was within the context of this council's mindset in this particular movie. People used real-world comparisons such as making tough calls with collateral damage to show why the council in this movie might justify this. If anyone in this thread is arguing that the real-world equivalent of a government council, say the CIA or UN or whatever, would be perfectly justified in dropping a nuke on NYC within 20 minutes of the beginning of an alien invasion, then I'll shut up. Until then, continue to fabricate more problems. I'm sure the shade of blue in Cap's costume was inconsistent throughout the film or something.
    The fact that Cap's shade of blue looked different during the Thor-Iron man fight than during the "Uh, I think it's some type of electricity" conversation with Stark wrecked the movie for me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Smithee View Post
    The fact that Cap's shade of blue looked different during the Thor-Iron man fight than during the "Uh, I think it's some type of electricity" conversation with Stark wrecked the movie for me.
    Clearly it's a sign of how amoral the film is. And how it's arguing for inconsistent coloring in all heroes costumes.

Plus, what purpose did Cap's costume REALLY serve in the final fight? It did nothing. A nuke went off and destroyed the alien ship. It served practically no purpose. It was just one giant deus ex machina.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RDMacQ View Post
    Clearly it's a sign of how amoral the film is. And how it's arguing for inconsistent coloring in all heroes costumes.

Plus, what purpose did Cap's costume REALLY serve in the final fight? It did nothing. A nuke went off and destroyed the alien ship. It served practically no purpose. It was just one giant deus ex machina.
    The fact that US President Henry Fonda nuked New York for mistakenly nuking Moscow

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fail-Safe_%281964_film%29

not only ruined the Avengers for me, but also Watchmen.

BANNED

All seriousness aside, I think Jason Avuna would be great in the Ant-Man role. Just the CGI savings alone would pay for his salary.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aaajason.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	94375

Saw the movie for the third time and it was still great. I just got a feeling of greatness when I saw the big three together in the meeting room. No nitpiks from me.
    Life is what you make it.

Default Avengers #1 comic book movie of all time!

Just in.

The biggest grossing superhero movie of all-time...

The biggest grossing comic book adaption of all time...

The biggest grossing Disney movie of all time... (despite the logos in the beginning of the film saying otherwise)

The biggest grossing Marvel movie of all time...

And it stars previously known B-list superheroes...

THE AVENGERS!

http://boxofficemojo.com/genres/char...adaptation.htm

http://boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=superhero.htm

Wow X-Men First Class didn't even beat Fantastic Four at the box office. That hurts.
    My Canon > Your Canon

X Men First Class beat Thor and Cap in the UK if that helps?

The Avengers is also the highest grossing movie ever not directed by James Cameron.

Quote Originally Posted by superchick View Post
    X Men First Class beat Thor and Cap in the UK if that helps?

The Avengers is also the highest grossing movie ever not directed by James Cameron.
    Are those numbers right? Elektra only made $24 million despite opening in 3,000 theaters?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Corey W View Post
    Are those numbers right? Elektra only made $24 million despite opening in 3,000 theaters?
    It was a shitty movie.

Anyways, it's great to see Avengers do so well. But now I just want to look ahead to what's next!

"Avengers #1 comic book movie of all time!"

Until the next one. Sorry but nothing to shout about here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spaced View Post

Until the next one. Sorry but nothing to shout about here.
    The rankings get all screwy when adjusted for inflation. I'd like to see movie-popularity rankings broken down by tickets sold.

Who agrees with me that this is the Star Wars of comic based movies?

Until the next one. Sorry but nothing to shout about here
    I disagree, how many comic movies have even reached a billion dollars world wide? Dark Knight did by a bit and Avengers blew it out of the water. Others have been very succesful but Avengers has hit a very high level.

I fail to see how DKR will reach the same level. IMO it will be lucky to eclipse its predecesor. I am sure it will have a big opening, but will not beat Avengers, and in the end I doubt it will make as much money ,although it will make a ton. Avengers benefited a reasonable bit from 3D showings that helped it, although not near Avatar level. DKR does not have that. And I am not sure I see DKR holding as well as Avengers has. DK was in theaters for a really long time and it held okay just not as well overall. So I think it is something to be happy about generally.

As for ticket price sales. Again it is all somewhat artificial. If the movie makes money over its cost it is succesful. Most movies now do not draw in as many total people as movies a decade ago, succesful or not. I see no reason to undermine the success this movie has had. I think the only people I have seen poo poo it are angry fanboys or trolls online. All the people I know who have seen the film like it, even if they do not like comic films in general. Just saying.