View Poll Results: Grade The Movie!

Voters
407. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • A+--Greatest Comic Movie Ever!

209 51.35%
  • A--Excellent!

154 37.84%
  • B---Very Good but could have been better

33 8.11%
  • C---Meh, just okay

5 1.23%
  • D--Very let down; even "Catwoman" was better!

3 0.74%
  • F---Complete Failure; what happened??

3 0.74%
Page 229 of 293 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 4382

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    When the mitary tries ti tell Hollywood to do something the normal and correct approach is to tell the military to F-off. More likly they just dforgot that There are troops in most US cities, ignoring that is the norm also, when the mitary wants someting done or object to somthing they ask politly like they did with "24", or the decline to allow the use of milarty resouces
    Do you think the writers have any clue what the NG and Organised are?
    I do. Also, I have seen footage that was shot for this movie that shows soldiers with the police. I am wondering why it was taken out. I thought the omission of any regular military was unusual and one of the few imperfections I noticed in the movie.

This is an odd pole. Catwoman's above a D????
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

It seems like I saw a different move than some posters on this thread. Especially the 3 that voted complete failure.

i dunno if this has been said, but i rewateched mission impossible ghost protocol today. if marvel was smart today, they would be courting brad bird for a black widow movie
    DC League 2007 team Ion Dr Light Faith Animal Man CM3 Guardian Mr Miracle
    Marvel League 2006 champion Exodus Karnilla Living Lightning Talisman Arclight Karma Phantazia

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Nor should you have. The invasion happened out of nowhere. At best, they might have been able to mobilize some national guard. And even then, it'd be rough getting tanks and such into Manhattan.

Army don't have no Helicarriers.
    That we know of.

There were military personnel in at least one of the trailers, so they definitely didn't forget about them. I assume those scenes were cut when the Pentagon had its snit.

I saw the movie again last night but in 3d Imax. It was spectacular in that format. I don't know if someone in this thread answered the question about Why Thor can get to earth without the Rainbow bridge intact but it was stated that Odin used all his magic to send Thor to get Loki and the Tesseract.
    Life is what you make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Atom_basher View Post
    i dunno if this has been said, but i rewateched mission impossible ghost protocol today. if marvel was smart today, they would be courting brad bird for a black widow movie
    Damn straight. He wold be the perfect choice.
    "Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day."

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    The idea of anyone else but the POTUS making the call to release Nuclear weapons would give the military nightmares. much less a "shadow council"
    I'm not sure they would have been any happier if the movie had depicted the POTUS as the guy who ordered a nuke strike on NYC.

Funny, I never got the idea that Movie SHIELD was an international agency. Black Widow is the only foriegn operative that they have and
    she doesn't count.

Comic SHIELD was run by the UN until the Bendis retcons. Now it seems to be an American organization as well.

It is kinda funny to me that the military had the same kinda continuity debates on what SHIELD exactly is that we have here all the time and then effectively threw up their hands in disgust.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

and with one bit Jon Stewart just awarded Hawkeye the aquaman badge of lameness.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Atom_basher View Post
    Nah, I rather they get him to direct a SHIELD movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ImpulseUCF View Post
    I do. Also, I have seen footage that was shot for this movie that shows soldiers with the police. I am wondering why it was taken out. I thought the omission of any regular military was unusual and one of the few imperfections I noticed in the movie.
    I think it had to do something with SHIELD and the pentagon not deeming it "realistic." Or something, I'm not exactly sure.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Yes, because what characters appear at the same time has absolutely nothing to do with writing.
    Well first of all, that did happen in Justice League.

Second, the writing is only one of the factors involved. Technically, everything is affected by writing, not just dialogue and plot but action scenes, special effects, etc. However, a lot of those other things are also affected by resource and time constraints. Having lots of characters in the same scene is more difficult to storyboard and animate. It's much more expensive and time consuming to do for a half hour long cartoon with limited budget and time. I'm sure you've noticed that the Justice League interact much more often when there's no action but when they need to fight the bad guys, they often split into smaller teams.

It's kind of difficult to compare elements that are restrained by time and resources between a 20 minute cartoon that costs around $1 million to make per episode and a 2 and a half hour movie with a budget of over $200 million. That should have been implicit in my comparison between the writing style.

Saw it 3xs already. Still a fun movie!
    Deadpool: Yo Siryn! Cannonballs!
    Sam: It's Cannonball you twit.
    Deadpool: Really, you sure? Coz I kinda had a healthy dose of respect for you before just cause you got rocket-powered farting powers.

I saw it. Wouldn't have gone to see it except my daughter is just getting into comics and really wanted to watch it. I'm not a Whedon fan, so I didn't expect much. I was entertained, and it was funny in spots, but the story seemed kind of threadbare. I'm glad it is doing well, though, if only to expose people to some great characters.