View Poll Results: Grade The Movie!

Voters
407. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • A+--Greatest Comic Movie Ever!

209 51.35%
  • A--Excellent!

154 37.84%
  • B---Very Good but could have been better

33 8.11%
  • C---Meh, just okay

5 1.23%
  • D--Very let down; even "Catwoman" was better!

3 0.74%
  • F---Complete Failure; what happened??

3 0.74%
Page 228 of 293 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 4382

Quote Originally Posted by spursevere View Post
    anyone found it funny that fury bazooka-ed a plane jet carrying an atom bomb which probably should have blown up on the shield carrier.
    Actually, that's not that dangerous. Nukes are very complex, and everything has to go right to get the big mushroom cloud type explosion. At worst, the material would get loose and start radiating. Bad, but not nuclear explosion bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lascoden View Post
    Actually, that's not that dangerous. Nukes are very complex, and everything has to go right to get the big mushroom cloud type explosion. At worst, the material would get loose and start radiating. Bad, but not nuclear explosion bad.
    And the way the marvel universe works, the material would just give them all super powers. So it's not bad at all, unless they all decide to become super villains (which is pretty likely now that I think about it).

No, that's not it. SHIELD is an amorphous entity, and it's unknown if it is a UN or US agency. There are many, many issues when it comes to the relationship between the US and UN when it comes to things such as sovereignty of power, especially in terms of military power. They simply thought better safe then sorry, and you can't blame them for that.
    The idea of anyone else but the POTUS making the call to release Nuclear weapons would give the military nightmares. much less a "shadow council"
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

No, that's not it. SHIELD is an amorphous entity, and it's unknown if it is a UN or US agency. There are many, many issues when it comes to the relationship between the US and UN when it comes to things such as sovereignty of power, especially in terms of military power. They simply thought better safe then sorry, and you can't blame them for that.
    Except the military helped Transformers and Stargate too despite those franchises having similar "problems." Transformers had a shadow agency too, although the script is such a mess that it's possible the military couldn't make sense of it.

There's way more ambiguity in Stargate. You got the US military hiding the fact that earth is threatened by alien invasion from the rest of the world. The US builds super advanced weapons based on alien technology that completely changes the balance of power. The US negotiates unilaterally with aliens for the entire planet. After other countries learn about the Stargate program, the US forms a cabal with five or six of the world's most powerful nations to reap the benefits of the Stargate while shutting all other countries out. There are covert ops divisions that used to be part of the government or military being controlled by powerful corporations, going rogue, stealing tech from alien governments, threatening war with other nations and other species, and trying to wage genocidal campaigns against other species. Yet, the franchise has always had help from the military, and they even got access to the NORAD command center at Cheyenne Mountain.
    Last edited by KingofMadCows; 05-11-2012 at 01:38 AM.

thanks guys, i didn't know that about nukes.. but when he whipped out a bazooka, i was like.. errr.. is that a good idea fury!

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    In NYC a quite large and powerful and combat experienced military force lives there and has their arms and Weapons there. that is true for every major city and many small towns in the US.

it is much easier to use civilians to play troops than troops to play troops since the government must bill for every cost inured including salaries
    Right. What I mean is, I wonder if the real US military told the filmmakers not to depict the US military using actors or others playing as military. Forget real soldiers; the military objects, ok, fine. I don't remember seeing any military representation in the movie, no soliders, no tropps, no planes, etc. SHIELD, yes, but nobody played the military. I see that there was footage the included soldiers. I am wondering, if anyone knows, were the producers told to take the footage they had out and/or not to use actors? Were there soldiers there and I just missed them?

Regardless of real military assistance, I don't recall seeing a representation of the regular US armed forces during the invasion, and that stuck out as odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by WaveHeater View Post
    Marvel suffers greatly from poor movie villains (Cheeesey Goblin, Nerdy Venom, Skinny Doom, random guys in Iron suits), but I was refreshingly SHOCKED at how good Loki was!

The scene where the mischief GOD waltzed into Tony's pad was incredible. I felt scared for Tony for the first time in 3 movies. I was like "this is what Tony has been missing, A true adversary" When you have a antagonist with depth, that is a threat both physically and psychologically, it enhances the worth of the hero.

Loki makes this film go. We couldve literally had an Abomination on our hands or the generic story where all the Avengers face the Hulk. I cant stress enough how impressed I was with Hiddleston's Loki.

THIS. I am 100% on board with you. Everyone referred to Loki as being shortsighted and easily beaten. Not really! Yeah. in the end, he was undone by his own shortcomings, but that's true of many villains. That's why they aren't heroes. As Coulson would say "they lack conviction." Loki was dangerous because he was so unpredictable and just flat out crazy.

BANNED

Loved it.

Now let's hope the next movie doesn't climax in New York.

well, i finally saw it, and I loved it. A roller coaster ride from start to finish! My dad went with me and he loved it too. I pretty much liked all the charaters, except for Cap, who was kind of flat to me, and while I loved mark Ruffalo's Hulk, i was surprised to find my favorite characters were Hawkeye and the Black Widow! can't wait to see it again! Still not Happy about Coulson, though, cause I really liked him in this movie.
    Last edited by protege; 05-11-2012 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpulseUCF View Post
    Right. What I mean is, I wonder if the real US military told the filmmakers not to depict the US military using actors or others playing as military. Forget real soldiers; the military objects, ok, fine. I don't remember seeing any military representation in the movie, no soliders, no tropps, no planes, etc. SHIELD, yes, but nobody played the military. I see that there was footage the included soldiers. I am wondering, if anyone knows, were the producers told to take the footage they had out and/or not to use actors? Were there soldiers there and I just missed them?

Regardless of real military assistance, I don't recall seeing a representation of the regular US armed forces during the invasion, and that stuck out as odd to me.
    Nor should you have. The invasion happened out of nowhere. At best, they might have been able to mobilize some national guard. And even then, it'd be rough getting tanks and such into Manhattan.

Army don't have no Helicarriers.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Nor should you have. The invasion happened out of nowhere. At best, they might have been able to mobilize some national guard. And even then, it'd be rough getting tanks and such into Manhattan.
    Army don't have no Helicarriers.
    Think they did show a scene where the cop (played by one of whedon's dollhouse actors) told his chief (the one that doubted Cap) that the national guard can only be there in an hour's time or something like that. It was only up to the police force to contain the carnage.

Just got back from seeing the movie for the first time. I gotta say, I was blown away. Hulk definitely stole the whole movie. Here's to hoping that a 2nd one doesn't take 2-3 years.
    Pull-list: Action Comics, Batman, Superior Spider-Man, Flash, Daredevil, Ms Marvel, Silver Surfer, Thor: God of Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by KingofMadCows View Post
    No, it's not because you weren't even addressing my point. My point was mainly about how the style of writing was similar. Your point had nothing to do with my point.

It would be like if I asked if a burger from one restaurant tasted like the burger from another restaurant and you responded by saying that one restaurant gave fries with their burger while the other gave onion rings with their burger.
    Yes, because what characters appear at the same time has absolutely nothing to do with writing.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Quote Originally Posted by neverender View Post
    Just got back from seeing the movie for the first time. I gotta say, I was blown away. Hulk definitely stole the whole movie. Here's to hoping that a 2nd one doesn't take 2-3 years.
    It IS going to take 2-3 years.

IM 3 is like next year , Thor 2 & Cap 2 is like the year after and there's still the probable hulk movie , the GOTG movie and then avengers 2. Sure , Disney has already announced a avengers sequel but it's going to take a while for all the subplot to come together.

When the mitary tries ti tell Hollywood to do something the normal and correct approach is to tell the military to F-off. More likly they just dforgot that There are troops in most US cities, ignoring that is the norm also, when the mitary wants someting done or object to somthing they ask politly like they did with "24", or the decline to allow the use of milarty resouces
    Do you think the writers have any clue what the NG and Organised are?
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied