View Poll Results: Grade The Movie!

Voters
407. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • A+--Greatest Comic Movie Ever!

    209 51.35%
  • A--Excellent!

    154 37.84%
  • B---Very Good but could have been better

    33 8.11%
  • C---Meh, just okay

    5 1.23%
  • D--Very let down; even "Catwoman" was better!

    3 0.74%
  • F---Complete Failure; what happened??

    3 0.74%
Page 226 of 293 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236276 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 4382
  1. #3376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Was Civil War her first appearance, though? Nick Fury left Shield in the Bendis mini-series "Secret War" and the next line for command was Hill.
    Hill wasn't next in command she was appointed after Secret War by bureaucrats. In the Civil War tie-in she mentions that she wasn't a high ranking SHIELD agent prior to getting offered the assignment. Her first appearance was in the opening arc of New Avengers Vol. 1 though I could be wrong there.

  2. #3377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Yes, it is. Unless you get to dictate why the movie didn't remind me of Justice League.
    No, it's not because you weren't even addressing my point. My point was mainly about how the style of writing was similar. Your point had nothing to do with my point.

    It would be like if I asked if a burger from one restaurant tasted like the burger from another restaurant and you responded by saying that one restaurant gave fries with their burger while the other gave onion rings with their burger.

  3. #3378
    Welcome to the Future. HeroxMatt2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Australia.
    Posts
    4,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oni Squirrel View Post
    She really broke out for me during Most Wanted. Went from annoying character who constantly got in the way of the heroes to some one who was constantly forced out of her depth by other people.

    I think a lot of her b**chiness in Avengers came from the fact that she was so completely out of her depth and Fraction did a great job of illustrating that.

    I don't expect her to ever take over SHIELD from Fury, though if they lose SLJ having her as new director would be a good way to help work around his disappearance. I'd like her to have a bigger role in the next movie that said they gave her a decent bit of underlying character and an action scene in the beginning that I wasn't expecting to see.
    Yeah, WMW is one of my favourite IIM storylines because of her. I loved her level of interaction in the film: it was enough so that she wasn't a throwaway character, but it wasn't too much that it took attention away from the main Avengers and characters. Personally, I'd prefer her to be not as prominent in the Avengers movie (as a whole, I think SHIELD should just back off) but as a major fan of her character, I wouldn't mind either way.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofMadCows View Post
    The Chitauri must have bought their weapons from the Trade Federation.

    Also, does anyone else think that the style of the movie is a lot like a DCAU show? The style of writing, the way the characters play off each other, the clever quips, and the running jokes just seem really similar. It really feels like if they let Bruce Timm make a Justice League movie, it would turn out to be very similar.
    Or maybe DCAU shows are a lot like Joss Whedon scripts? I think with the way the superhero genre is, they are all in some way, similar in terms of writing and direction. I mean, even Image and Dark Horse comics are a lot like the description you gave.
    You are an apocalypse dreaming of butterflies
    and
    we are a patchwork of miracles.

  4. #3379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeroxMatt2.0 View Post
    Or maybe DCAU shows are a lot like Joss Whedon scripts? I think with the way the superhero genre is, they are all in some way, similar in terms of writing and direction. I mean, even Image and Dark Horse comics are a lot like the description you gave.
    The DCAU existed before any of Whedon's shows came out.

    Also, I'm not just talking about general things with the superhero genre. It just seems like the style of witty and clever dialogue people often attribute to Whedon is pretty common in the DCAU as well, going back to Batman: TAS. Stuff like this:


  5. #3380
    FRENCH Frank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Antartica
    Posts
    10,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oni Squirrel View Post
    IDK was the change caused only by the explosion or was it the series of escalating circumstance including the staff's effect on the group?

    I see your point, but I don't know if I'd go as far as to say Loki was useless. In fact it's almost like the classic Avengers origin. He attempts to manipulate the different heroes for his own ends. It works for awhile they seem to be dancing to his tune. But then something happens, that moment where they each do what heroes do and put aside their egos to deal with a greater threat. What started out as tearing them apart brought them together and completely blew up in Loki's face. Which amounts to classic Loki.

    You could argue that all that is just me trying to explain away a legitimate flaw in the movie, and you may be right, but that explanation works for me at least.
    I wish he would have had a clearer hand at the things going bunkers though. Like talking to Hulk like he did with Black Widow, maybe fighting a few Avengers inside the base.

    There was another scenario that was talked about in fan circles before the film came out where Loki would have controled Hulk with the Avengers having to fight the monster wich I think would have been a good dramatic point for the movie and give Loki the impact necessary. I think they probably thought about it because it happened in the creation of the Avengers in the comics AND In the Ultimates(wich inspired the movie) AND they used it in the animated Ultimate Avengers DTV but they wanted Hulk to come off as a hero as much as possible. There's also the fact that it's easier economically to have a small Thor-Hulk battle inside the Hellicarrier than having an open space battle with all the Avengers trying to calm down the Hulk.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

  6. #3381
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,417

    Default

    Well they basically did do that. It was quite clear that Loki and his staff was having an influence on the group. It was heightening their emotions. Someone else mentioned it so i can't take credit, but it was like the Avengers were drunk. The truth comes out when you're pissed right?

    Plus with the explosion and the attack, all that stress made Banner lose that little bit of control he had by keeping his anger at a steady level.

    And really, making it Thor vs Hulk was better i thought. Because that shows that Hulk is truly a beast and only Thor can handle him. If the others could then it takes away some of that danger factor, which the film built up really well with Hulk. Also, it had the team doing other stuff, like Tony and Steve working together.

  7. #3382

    Default Questions About The Avengers Movie

    SPOILER ALERT: For those who haven't watched the movie, dont read this.

    I have couple of questions about the movie and I have you can answer them:
    1. Where's the Abomination?
    2. Where's War Machine/Rhodey?
    3. Where's Betty Ross and her dad?
    4. In the after credits scene, is that Thanos and Red Skull talking?
    5. Why the f@%# is Nick Fury aiming for the nuclear jet with his 9mm gun!?

  8. #3383
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Area_hulk View Post
    SPOILER ALERT: For those who haven't watched the movie, dont read this.

    I have couple of questions about the movie and I have you can answer them:
    1. Where's the Abomination?
    2. Where's War Machine/Rhodey?
    3. Where's Betty Ross and her dad?
    4. In the after credits scene, is that Thanos and Red Skull talking?
    5. Why the f@%# is Nick Fury aiming for the nuclear jet with his 9mm gun!?
    1. Probably locked up somewhere?
    2. Wherever the rest of the Military was in this pic
    3. Ditto
    4. Thanos
    5. Better than just standing there I suppose. He might've gotten a lucky shot.

  9. #3384
    FRENCH Frank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Antartica
    Posts
    10,350

    Default

    1. I guess still in prison.
    2. good question. I guess if the secret concil was somehow in charge of things behind the scene and Rhodney works for the military, they ordered him to stand down
    3. I would have liked to have seen them but General Ross I guess did not need to get involved since Banner was lost anyway(and was found by Shield)
    4. Purple face, Thanos
    5. just to show he cared
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

  10. #3385

    Default

    i dont get why people think that the skull is in this movie
    -this posters ragging on rob leifelds art is not ment as hatred toward the man he is a professional artist and got that way for a reason...however i cannot condone the use of pouches-

  11. #3386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    1. I guess still in prison.
    2. good question. I guess if the secret concil was somehow in charge of things behind the scene and Rhodney works for the military, they ordered him to stand down
    3. I would have liked to have seen them but General Ross I guess did not need to get involved since Banner was lost anyway(and was found by Shield)
    4. Purple face, Thanos
    5. just to show he cared :biggrin:
    LOL, nothing says I love you like an 9mm.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

  12. #3387
    FRENCH Frank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Antartica
    Posts
    10,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RohanRiderX View Post
    i dont get why people think that the skull is in this movie
    Probably because he vanished in space via cosmic cube in Captain America.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

  13. #3388
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,417

    Default

    Because this film is about the Avengers. It's hard enough to juggle 6 lead characters. You throw in all those other characters and it'd end up being a jumbled mess.

  14. #3389
    Elder Member marshal99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    12,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Area_hulk View Post
    SPOILER ALERT: For those who haven't watched the movie, dont read this.

    I have couple of questions about the movie and I have you can answer them:
    1. Where's the Abomination?
    2. Where's War Machine/Rhodey?
    3. Where's Betty Ross and her dad?
    4. In the after credits scene, is that Thanos and Red Skull talking?
    5. Why the f@%# is Nick Fury aiming for the nuclear jet with his 9mm gun!?
    1. In prison ?
    2. In Air Force ? Rhodes did say that he'll return the war machine armor in IM2 so he should be powerless by now anyway.
    3. In the army base somewhere watching the action on the telly ?
    4. There's only Thanos , no red skull anywhere.
    5. Because he's nick f&$king fury , that's why. He's a badass muthurf@$ker.

    As far as why the military wasn't there , supposely the US military withdraw their support for the avengers movie because of how unrealistic shield is.

    The military was there for the shooting though but i guess they got withdraw later.
    http://www.army.mil/media/225889
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US...Avengers_3.jpg

  15. #3390
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    24,751

    Default

    i didn't like how the movie went out of its way to show all the guys' women in some form or fashion.....pepper in the movie itself, peggy in flashbacks, jane mentioned as being under shield protection. what about betty? maybe it's in the 45 min they cut out...

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •