View Poll Results: Grade The Movie!

Voters
407. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • A+--Greatest Comic Movie Ever!

209 51.35%
  • A--Excellent!

154 37.84%
  • B---Very Good but could have been better

33 8.11%
  • C---Meh, just okay

5 1.23%
  • D--Very let down; even "Catwoman" was better!

3 0.74%
  • F---Complete Failure; what happened??

3 0.74%
Page 220 of 293 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230270 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 4382
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Oni Squirrel View Post
    I still feel the death was kept intentionally ambiguous. Maybe they didn't want to make either side concrete.

We never hear the medics declare his death just Fury relaying the information. After his final line we don't see his body. Fury uses the cards to add gravity, but he didn't get them from Coulson's body.

They may have a plan for Coulson to reappear as an undercover agent in one of the films, or maybe he'll never show up again and will just be kept dead. I think the scene was done the wait it was so that if Marvel wanted to they could use Coulson again, but if they never do he got a decent send off.
    I don't think he's alive. Fury actually seemed really sad there. I just think it would retroactively ruin that moment and what Fury did with the cards (which was perfect Nicky Fury) if it turns out he isn't dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bravery View Post
    Oh man i'd love to see Thanos Quest. I love that story more than IG itself.

But the IG is already complete, it's in Odin's vault. Unless the movie is set thousands of years in the past or something.
    True - but the more I think about it, I can see the sequel with Thanos being more about the cosmic cube/Thanos war than the Infinity Gauntlet. I'd like to see Marvel Studios make enough money to buy back all of it's licensing rights for X-men, FF and Spider-man and then embarking on a Infinity Gauntlet film (trilogy!) perhaps 10 years from now. That'd give them plenty of time to establish Thanos, and I think that Infinity Gauntlet is pretty high on the list of all-time favorite/successful epic comic events.

I don't think he's alive. Fury actually seemed really sad there. I just think it would retroactively ruin that moment and what Fury did with the cards (which was perfect Nicky Fury) if it turns out he isn't dead.
    Again not saying him being alive would be good. Just that I feel their was an intentional ambiguity to the death, and I personally would not be particularly surprised to see Coulson reappear alive and wave off his survival with a business as usual attitude.

EDIT: Also I don't think it ruins the moment all that much he was still grievously injured in part because the team couldn't get their s**t together. And it also helps re-enforce the idea of Shield and Fury in particular as untrustworthy.
    Last edited by Oni Squirrel; 05-08-2012 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    I didn't see Superman and Batman at the table so most likely not.
    No, but it could have been Iron Man saying "I'm Iron Man" to Thor or something like that. :) I didn't see it, what was it?

????...Why did he look to much like Captain America.?
    Lol, the design was ok, but the fabric really should have been more the scale mail look we see all the time. And the colors were pretty bright for me. I felt it looked a little hokey and didn't seem very high tech like you would expect from SHIELD. Minor complaint.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

my wish would be the next solo movies being the build up for masters of evil siege. so TA2 wouldn´t have to waste time building up villians, it would already be full of tension and personal agendas.
    we can go cosmic in TA3 again.

hey, with loki mentioning odin´s use of dark matter, we´d already have a foundation for blackout^^

didn´t it irked nobody else how the heroes initial forrest battle was handled in regards to loki?
    last time we see him is when iron man graps thor. i wonder if there is a cut scene here.
    the fight took them atleast hundreds of meters away from loki and they leave him alone for good amount of time.
    and someone as sneaky as loki wouldn´t try to slip away in a dark forrest?

i tried to think about different scenarios of how that could have worked out, favouring loki joining them after their clash
    and mocking them. but this would of course take the gravitas out of that meeting.

so, who has an idea for a no prize?
    Last edited by sherlockbones; 05-08-2012 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    3) For those in the UK / Europe wondering what Shawarma is, as the pictures should have told you by now, it's donner meat, essentially. So grats, just like a pissed up rugby team on a saturday night, the Avengers celebrate with donner & chips.
    You're going to have to explain donner meat at this point.
    The Punisher: I’m going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pants™ Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and you’ll die screaming! And I’ll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Balls View Post
    True - but the more I think about it, I can see the sequel with Thanos being more about the cosmic cube/Thanos war than the Infinity Gauntlet. I'd like to see Marvel Studios make enough money to buy back all of it's licensing rights for X-men, FF and Spider-man and then embarking on a Infinity Gauntlet film (trilogy!) perhaps 10 years from now. That'd give them plenty of time to establish Thanos, and I think that Infinity Gauntlet is pretty high on the list of all-time favorite/successful epic comic events.
    If Marvel got the F4 rights back there is only one story i'd want to see... ANNIHILATION.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    And that's part of the reason she rocked. Thank you Joss Whedon for giving her the time to shine!
    Not surprised in the slightest. In fact, if anything, surprised she wasn't a little higher, just because she introduced half the team to the other half.
    The Punisher: I’m going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pants™ Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and you’ll die screaming! And I’ll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

-Expletive Deleted

If Marvel got the F4 rights back there is only one story i'd want to see... ANNIHILATION.
    Which the FF weren't in?

Granted, Galactus bomb, but you could easily write in another character for him. Hell, not even sure if Galactus as WMD makes much sense without some pre-existing knowledge of him.

-Expletive Deleted

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    You're going to have to explain donner meat at this point.
    It's basically lamb meat on a big vertical spit that turns. You have it in a pitta bread with salad and loads of chili sauce. It's the piss heads food of choice when they come out of a pub at 1 in the morning.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Which the FF weren't in?

Granted, Galactus bomb, but you could easily write in another character for him. Hell, not even sure if Galactus as WMD makes much sense without some pre-existing knowledge of him.
    Well, you need Annihilus, he's with the F4 rights. And whilst what you say is true about Galactus, i think the moments with Surfer were some of the best in the story.

BANNED

shawarma here in new york is usually a combination of lamb and beef meat roasted on the spit. like bravery say, it's served with lettuce, tomato, and other stuff. white sauce and hot sauce.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sherlockbones View Post
    didn´t it irked nobody else how the heroes initial forrest battle was handled in regards to loki?
    last time we see him is when iron man graps thor. i wonder if there is a cut scene here.
    the fight took them atleast hundreds of meters away from loki and they leave him alone for good amount of time.
    and someone as sneaky as loki wouldn´t try to slip away in a dark forrest?
    slip away for what? he planned to get caught. and, if he did sneak away, Thor would have just tracked him down same way he did originally. this was about being there to mind**** the heroes. they mentioned a couple of times that this was just the opening salvo. he wanted to wreck the Helicarrier. and he wanted to use the Hulk to do that.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Default I made a vblog entry about the avengers

Decided it should go on this forum :3

BANNED