View Poll Results: Grade The Movie!

Voters
407. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • A+--Greatest Comic Movie Ever!

209 51.35%
  • A--Excellent!

154 37.84%
  • B---Very Good but could have been better

33 8.11%
  • C---Meh, just okay

5 1.23%
  • D--Very let down; even "Catwoman" was better!

3 0.74%
  • F---Complete Failure; what happened??

3 0.74%
Page 219 of 293 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229269 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 4382

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    for the record Shawarma is really good if prepared well
    Sometimes better if prepared poorly.

It's basically street food.

The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Ok, lots of stuff in the way, so...

1) Yes, Feige has confirmed GotG - it's no longer rumour. Still, we're not going to see anything before 2014 / 2015 which lays the way for some of the characters appearing as cameos / end credit scenesters in the next handful of individual movies.

2) The Tesseract is likely going to remain big, storytelling-wise. It's established as a mcguffin; it was stated as being the aim of Thanos (this was merely a setback!) and it hasn't been removed from story - the Asgard treasure chamber has already been shown as less than secure.

3) For those in the UK / Europe wondering what Shawarma is, as the pictures should have told you by now, it's donner meat, essentially. So grats, just like a pissed up rugby team on a saturday night, the Avengers celebrate with donner & chips.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

i finally came to a decision on the one thing i would add to this movie.

a scene where fury parked the helicarrier over new york and engaged in alien ass whoopin with the rest of the avengers. maybe a mother ship comes through the portal and the only thing with enough guns to take it down is a combination of the hulk/ hellicarrier and it would have givin slj a chance to channel his inner julius

yelling battle orders to the crew of the carrier but alas a scene that awesome would implode the universe

carrier flying=awesome

carrier being use as a weapon =head asploding awesome

obviously i still loved it and im just picking nit
    -this posters ragging on rob leifelds art is not ment as hatred toward the man he is a professional artist and got that way for a reason...however i cannot condone the use of pouches-

They would need a major upgrade on the helicarrier to be effective , considering that it was on life support and flying only on one engine after barton destroyed the other one , it would be useless in the battle.

For an impressive big ass flying ship , it only took one guy with a bow to bring it nearly crashing down.
    Last edited by marshal99; 05-08-2012 at 03:28 AM.

Maybe, but than there is also all the other reasons I mentioned
    The only other reason you stated in that post for it being a bad idea to bring Caulson back, is because you said they should have shown him alive in a hospital bed, or something like that. But, surely if they are saving it for a surprise ressurection, that would be a bad idea, and they didn't show anything like that, so I only quoted the actual solid reason you gave.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo
    Vin diesal is already salivating
    Yeah, I hear he has being doing that for quite a while, somehow I think it would have happened by now if it was gonna. Too bad for him, he should learn to salivate over another franchise, unless one day he wants to be rolled up into a big bawling ball of bald baloney, but he won't, so good.
    Last edited by listenuscrewheads; 05-08-2012 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    They would need a major upgrade on the helicarrier to be effective , considering that it was on life support and flying only on one engine after barton destroyed the other one , it would be useless in the battle.

For an impressive big ass flying ship , it only took one guy with a bow to bring it nearly crashing down.
    Well to be fair a guy with a bow can be pretty effective with a special ops team and intimate knowledge of the ship he's attacking.

BANNED

Who are the 3 idiots who voted "complete failure"? I mean even if you dislike the film, complete failure? That's objectively wrong.

Big Green Dream Machine Invisible Man's Avatar

Thumbs up The Avengers (2012) spoiler free & spoiler filled review on MVP Mutant Radio.

The Mutantville Players are back for a surprise episode of The Avengers (2012). Both Brento and Streebo made the trips out to the theater this weekend to see the movie that has taken the universe by storm. Join the Mutantville Players, Streebo & Brento for a two tiered discussion on the record breaking superhero movie The Avengers (2012) directed by Joss Whedon. In this episode we bring you a spoiler free discussion of The Avengers during “No News”, then we discuss our picks for greatest superhero movie in “I am the Greatest,” followed by a full on Ragnarok worthy discussion on The Avengers (2012) with every spoiler we can think of. MVP closes the show by sharing some red hot social media tips in “The Game.” The featured song for today is “Work Song for the Leisure Class” by Thank You Spaceman.

Download, stream or jump over to iTunes from here.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 05-08-2012 at 08:37 AM. Reason: typos how the fuck do they work?

Vulture has conducted an intriguing experiment with "The Avengers," timing the amount of screen time each major Avenger receives. The final standings may surprise you -- the top three with the most time on screen according to Vulture are Captain America, Iron Man and the Black Widow in that order.
    And that's part of the reason she rocked. Thank you Joss Whedon for giving her the time to shine!

Quote Originally Posted by listenuscrewheads View Post
    The only other reason you stated in that post for it being a bad idea to bring Caulson back, is because you said they should have shown him alive in a hospital bed, or something like that. But, surely if they are saving it for a surprise ressurection, that would be a bad idea, and they didn't show anything like that, so I only quoted the actual solid reason you gave.
    "If they were going to do this they really should have showed Coulson alive in a hospital bed, would not have been a stretch (Fury is that manipulative) and would be better than having him show up all of a sudden int he sequel. The talk between Hill and Fury where Hill tells Fury she knows he got Coulson's cards out of his locker could have been done in the helicarrier's sickbay, looking over a comatose Coulson.

Moreover, I honestly don't see any reason to bring Coulson back actually. I thought his death worked well.

sure he was likable. a few people gasped when he died, but i kinda like that he died. it was sort of fitting to show how high the stakes actually were and got the team to work together instead of against each other.

If they bring him back in the sequel it won't come off as well. Unless there is a scene were Coulson is alive at the end in the director's cut, and Fury walks Hill back in to see him it just wouldn't be well done. Sure it could be done, it wouldn't be impossible, like Harvey Dent still being alive in TDK."

so in short I don't really see it happening, or really the need for marvel to bring the character back.

a few people gasped when he died, but i kinda like that he died. it was sort of fitting to show how high the stakes actually were and got the team to work together instead of against each other.
    I think maybe Joss Whedon's contract requires that a main character dies on his projects.

And forget a low-budget or small-screen Ant Man film. Bring 'Thanos Quest' to the big screen to really round out the character for the audience before unleashing him in The Avengers sequel.

"If they were going to do this they really should have showed Coulson alive in a hospital bed, would not have been a stretch (Fury is that manipulative) and would be better than having him show up all of a sudden int he sequel. The talk between Hill and Fury where Hill tells Fury she knows he got Coulson's cards out of his locker could have been done in the helicarrier's sickbay, looking over a comatose Coulson.

Moreover, I honestly don't see any reason to bring Coulson back actually. I thought his death worked well.

sure he was likable. a few people gasped when he died, but i kinda like that he died. it was sort of fitting to show how high the stakes actually were and got the team to work together instead of against each other.

If they bring him back in the sequel it won't come off as well. Unless there is a scene were Coulson is alive at the end in the director's cut, and Fury walks Hill back in to see him it just wouldn't be well done. Sure it could be done, it wouldn't be impossible, like Harvey Dent still being alive in TDK."

so in short I don't really see it happening, or really the need for marvel to bring the character back.
    I still feel the death was kept intentionally ambiguous. Maybe they didn't want to make either side concrete.

We never hear the medics declare his death just Fury relaying the information. After his final line we don't see his body. Fury uses the cards to add gravity, but he didn't get them from Coulson's body.

They may have a plan for Coulson to reappear as an undercover agent in one of the films, or maybe he'll never show up again and will just be kept dead. I think the scene was done the wait it was so that if Marvel wanted to they could use Coulson again, but if they never do he got a decent send off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Balls View Post
    And forget a low-budget or small-screen Ant Man film. Bring 'Thanos Quest' to the big screen to really round out the character for the audience before unleashing him in The Avengers sequel.
    Oh man i'd love to see Thanos Quest. I love that story more than IG itself.

But the IG is already complete, it's in Odin's vault. Unless the movie is set thousands of years in the past or something.