View Poll Results: Grade The Movie!

Voters
407. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • A+--Greatest Comic Movie Ever!

209 51.35%
  • A--Excellent!

154 37.84%
  • B---Very Good but could have been better

33 8.11%
  • C---Meh, just okay

5 1.23%
  • D--Very let down; even "Catwoman" was better!

3 0.74%
  • F---Complete Failure; what happened??

3 0.74%
Page 207 of 293 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 4382

I want Mark Ruffalo to get an Oscar nomination for the film. He deserves it. I want this film to get lots of Oscar nominations and wins- best picture, special effects, costuming, director, screenplay, etc. With the commercial success of the film, there is absolutely no excuse not to formally acknowledge the film..
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 05-07-2012 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post
    Hulk was really the only one that could get a laff out of me.
    then something is truly wrong with your sense of humor. there were many lol moments that didnt involve the hulk, infact "hes adopted" was probably the funniest line in the movie
    DC League 2007 team Ion Dr Light Faith Animal Man CM3 Guardian Mr Miracle
    Marvel League 2006 champion Exodus Karnilla Living Lightning Talisman Arclight Karma Phantazia

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I want Mark Ruffalo to get an Oscar nomination for the film. He deserves it. I want this film to get lots of Oscar nominations and wins- best picture, special effects, costuming, director, screenplay, etc. With the commercial success of the film, there is absolutely no excuse not to formally acknowledge the film..
    I love the film, but it's not what tends to constitute an oscar movie. Doesn't mean it won't get a nomination, but I wouldn't expect one if I were you. This was a popcorn flick through and through, one of the best popcorn flicks I've seen in years, but still a popcorn flick.

Quote Originally Posted by CHOX View Post
    I just realized, if the JLA movie ever comes out, I can see people scoffing at Green Arrow because "he's too similar to the guy in Avengers" (which really isn't fair). That being said, they need to get Namor into a movie before Aquaman.
    I don't know about that. How may people were Hawkeye was awefully similar to that Oliver Queen fellow from Smallville was doing in the Avengers? Then again, mainstream audiences... I don't give them enough credit to figure out that Hawkeye and and Green Arrow are two different characters. Most don't realise DC and Marvel are two different companoes after all.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by Atom_basher View Post
    then something is truly wrong with your sense of humor. there were many lol moments that didnt involve the hulk, infact "hes adopted" was probably the funniest line in the movie
    Yeah the Thor line was a good one but the rest kinda fell flat. And there is something wrong with my sense of humor but nothing is wrong with my sence of what is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    I've known who Loki was for years, along with Thor, Odin, Frigga etc. They're called Norse gods.
    Right, and the majority of the general public knows about that? Americans don't. They don't even know much about their own country and how it's basic laws work.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    It's space. There's no atmosphere, no air resistance, no friction. If something launches into space it will keep moving since there's nothing working against it.
    How can the fire from the missile exist in space and not immediately burn out? Let alone instantly freeze because of the harsh temperature? There is no air for it to burn to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I don't get people harping on Cap. He was great in this movie. Gave out a great battle strategy and was doing his best throughout the whole movie.
    Captain America was my favorite. The last two movies have turned me into a bit more of a fan of the character really. I'm intrigued.

Is it just me that i'm still not bored by Tony Stark/Iron Man after all these movies? I could watch another dozen of Stark/IM flicks. Hulk got to shine but damn Iron Man was pretty awesome too. It's a testament of the superb pick of Downey as Tony.

About the Hulk, it's so fantastic that he stole the show here. Everybody thought he would be the weak link since no films of him has really satisfied anybody, his box office did not deliver, yet amongst all heroes there, Hulk comes out on top of them all and the film may reach I Billion. Seems to me he's ready for another crack at a solo flick.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    Captain America was my favorite. The last two movies have turned me into a bit more of a fan of the character really. I'm intrigued.
    I felt this was the perfect and most realistic portrayal of Captain America.

I mean, what can Captain America really do against an invasion of alien armies flying on hover jets?

I love how his shield does not automatically return to him all the time like mjolnir.

I liked how he couldn't beat loki one on one. He shouldn't be able to.

He knows he's underpowered standing besides hulk, thor and iron man, but he's not overawed or feeling sorry for himself, because he still believes he should be there. to save the world.

Robert Downey Jr certainly IS Tony Stark , he made that role his and he is the veteran actor in the movie. He had arguably the most input in the movie as he had some leeway with some of his one liners written for him.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/05/0...ble-interview/

Quote Originally Posted by Oni Squirrel View Post
    I love the film, but it's not what tends to constitute an oscar movie. Doesn't mean it won't get a nomination, but I wouldn't expect one if I were you. This was a popcorn flick through and through, one of the best popcorn flicks I've seen in years, but still a popcorn flick.
    Which is a pity, actually as there were some great performances in it, particularly from Hiddleston, Downey and Ruffalo. It's very hard to play larger than life roles and make them convincing without being silly and the cast of this film did very well - even Scarlett Johansson!

The awards are too full of pomp and ceremony, and still firmly have their heads stuck in the arthouse set. By the way anyone here seen the Artist?

Ok, saw it last night. Thinking about it for awhile, and came up with this: This movie was all kinds of awesome! They got all the characters right: Black Widow was extremely competent, Banner troubled without being a drag on the movie, Stark got some pretty good development, Thor was the most conflicted since his fight was the most personal, Evens did a wonderful job as Cap, and Samuel Jackson did a terrific job as Fury, who was good and manipulative even to his allies. Tom Heddleston, once again, did an absolutely fantastic job as Loki. Can't say anything about Hawkeye. Never been a fan of him, and this seemed more like the Ultimate version, which I dislike even more. The plot was good. Had the right amount of character moments, mixed with big action scenes. It played out like an actual comic. The end action scene, in New York, was one of the best I've ever seen. Seeing all of them work together like that was beautiful. And that mid-credits scene blew my mind. I was actually expecting the Beyonder, cause they said earlier that "they had plans from beyond" or something like that, plus the Cosmiic Cube. I was not expecting that at all. I think I may have actually shouted "HOLY S&!% IT'S THANOS!" in the theater. At which point my friend said "Who?".

Few, very few, problems. First off: I saw Coulsen's death coming way before this came out. Mostly because I've seen more then one thing of Joss Whedon's. If you've seen anything of his, you know what I mean. He has a habit of killing off characters, especially the fan favorites or comedic roles. But, I think they did it pretty well, and made it meaningful instead of just for shock value. Second: Not enough Thor. Granted, I'm a huge Thor fan, so there will never be enough. But still, kinda wished they replaced Hulk's beat down of Loki with him doing it. Still, that scene was one of the best. Third: No Ant Man or Wasp. Not even a mention, or easter egg (that I noticed, did I miss one?). Not even joking when I say this, but, besides Thor, Ant Man is my favorite Avenger. I know, bizarre. And, as I said, I don't really care much for Hawkeye, and hate that they swapped the two out. Wasp, I'm conflicted. They definitely swapped her for Widow. But, I really loved Widow's role in this. At the same time, Wasp has always been an integral part of the team. Hell, she gave them the name. I think they could have pulled this off with all eight characters. Hawkeye wasn't really on the team till the end.

Oh, question: Anybody else think to themselves "My god, I'm watching an Avengers movie. This is actually happening." I did, about half-way through.

Overall: 9/10. Best Marvel movie yet. Tied for best comic movie of all time. Those are just my thoughts.
    Last edited by Lascoden; 05-07-2012 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lascoden View Post

Oh, question: Anybody else think to themselves "My god, I'm watching an Avengers movie. This is actually happening." I did, about half-way through.
    I did.. and when the alien invasion came, I thought: shit, how are they going to stop this.. they seemed very underpowered. Is this what they really go through in the comics every issue ?

Quote Originally Posted by spursevere View Post
    I did.. and when the alien invasion came, I thought: shit, how are they going to stop this.. they seemed very underpowered. Is this what they really go through in the comics every issue ?
    Haha, same here. One thing I always have trouble with when it comes to comics is getting a sense of scale. I've never really had that problem when it comes to movies. That's pretty much what they went through with Secret Invasion, and the Kree invasion in the Fantastic Four.