View Poll Results: Grade The Movie!

Voters
407. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • A+--Greatest Comic Movie Ever!

209 51.35%
  • A--Excellent!

154 37.84%
  • B---Very Good but could have been better

33 8.11%
  • C---Meh, just okay

5 1.23%
  • D--Very let down; even "Catwoman" was better!

3 0.74%
  • F---Complete Failure; what happened??

3 0.74%
Page 206 of 293 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 4382

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Sure, if this was 1991.

Seriously, read Streets of Poison. You're like 20 years late on the discussion.

Dude I was born in 89. so I was like 3 when this issue came out

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Yes. They ate shawarma.
    Ahhhh Those MONSTERS!

The council was right about them after all.

And curse the 44 oz soda being the kyrptonite to my bladder.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post
    Ahhhh Those MONSTERS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRb4PF3ylz0

I don't like the idea of Pym and Ultron being introduced in the same movie. Pym probably SHOULD have been in this movie, at least as a research scientist developing the tesserect weapons. Introduce him in A2, then in the end credits have him create Ultron, setting up A3.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post
    Ahhhh Those MONSTERS!

Hey, the Avengers came close enough to ripping off Superman with the 'Kneel before Zod' moment, you don't need to bring up the K word.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I don't like the idea of Pym and Ultron being introduced in the same movie. Pym probably SHOULD have been in this movie, at least as a research scientist developing the tesserect weapons. Introduce him in A2, then in the end credits have him create Ultron, setting up A3.
    I think it will be pretty rough on Pym if he is known as the Avenger who screwed up by creating the super robot capable of destroying mankind. He might get labeled as the screw up avenger

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I get the rationale, and I'm familiar with the comic term, but from a movie perspective no other athlete or person otherwise can do what he is doing all together at their peak. If you want to use peak instead of super fine, but you look at everything he is capable of and it cannot be equaled all together by one man, no matter how hard he trains. The punching bag thing, his durability, the table kick. Heck look at his feats in the Captain America movie. He was tossing dudes high in the air one handed and blowing dudes back a few yards with a kick. He isn't a heavy weight like Hulk or Thor but no normal human is equaling him no matter how hard they try by natural means.

One thing that I've been talking about with some people is if Cap is a positive example of steroids. And I think its a conversation worth having and should not be easily dismissed.
    From what I know of Cap it seems the movie version gets his powers from the Ultimate version, who is has powers beyond peak human abilities. Though another explanation for Cap's strength is the "peak human" thing is literal, meaning he suffers from no fatigue and can push himself that much harder than a normal man. Or another explanation is that normal human characters in movies and comics usually demonstrate superhuman strength and stamina without actually having powers, and Cap is just based off of that.

I have a nice mustache Van Custo's Avatar

The hilarious scene between Loki and Hulk was made even better by loki's reaction. He didn't seem so much hurt as he did shocked and his ego was pooped on.

Also it was cool to see Thor and Hulk trade blows like it's and Thor even smiled like he's enjoying it. Hulk was completely rabid that first time though; Thor tried to reason with him and got punched for it. So it was a bit weird that he was so much more under control the second time.

Hulk was really the only one that could get a laff out of me.

Loved just about every minute of the movie. A fun popcorn flick that had me grinning ear to ear for just about every scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I think it will be pretty rough on Pym if he is known as the Avenger who screwed up by creating the super robot capable of destroying mankind. He might get labeled as the screw up avenger
    You mean more than he tends to be? I love Pym, but far to many writers tend to play him as the screw-up Avenger already. Mind you when he's written well he's absolutely excellent. To be honest I'd rather they make Ultron a joint venture by Pym and Stark like in the current animated series it helps keep Pym looking a little better imo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Clearly d fact dat Thor & Hulk where actually shown 2 survive d fall in d movie itself really REALLY md dat whole cage thingy supa-redundant.

Great Loas....dat stupid dum mostly glass cage was md 4 freakin Hulk who, based on movie, 2 b very well known abt d vast supa-strength Hulk possesses & u mk a mostly glass cage 2 contain freakin Hulk let alone Thor or Loki? Hulk, who Fury was very worried could tear down d entire hellicarrier md of all kinds of reinforced steel-metal alloys & concrete but sumhw ends-up mking a glass cage?

In which case is d very reason d movie completely lost any ample sense of subtle factual realism & believeability(yup we md up dat word)which is or may b where Mikael Bay outwits Whedon in our opinion. Whedon is gr8 @ dialogue, xcter exchange & interaction, gr8 capture f comedic moments & his action scenes aint bad whereas Bay is d opposite but with really gr8 action scenes but is also ble 2 include a sense of realism.

Both directors hv their flaws but dat really stuk out as we watchd d movie...common even if it wasnt d army but @ least SHIELD agents shud hv been co-ordinating strikes & defense against d aliens.

If other xcters got d same attention, dey cud also hv done d same.

We aint sayng d movie shud hv entirely focusd on Cap but Whedon shud hv given Cap mo significant participation 2 d overall plot being d supposed leader of d Avengers dat he was supposed 2 b.

Der werent any....until sum1 proves otherwise which is/was a total waste given hw other Marvel movies droppd so many 'eggs', mentions & hints.

Common really....we were mo worried abt Cap, d rest were doing very very well against d Chitauri.

U r kidding right....a former soldier as Cap was & leader of d most powerful global security organisation on d planet, regarded as d spy of all spies but is shown buzy playing bureaucratic games & 'wrestling' with pencil-pushers @ a time when d world is being invaded by aliens.

Seriously?
    Yup. And yup. He was often comic relief, but, at least, he put a bug up Stark's armor to at least get Tony (and the others) to try to think of the greater good. I'm thinking that Avengers 2 will develop more the dude who represents the ideal his country is incapable of ever achieving.

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    I guess you believe that your rights as a fan outweigh the rights of the people who own that property? Peole who paid for that property?
    No, definitely not. It's just a frustrating position for us fans, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Van Custo View Post
    The hilarious scene between Loki and Hulk was made even better by loki's reaction. He didn't seem so much hurt as he did shocked and his ego was pooped on.

Also it was cool to see Thor and Hulk trade blows like it's and Thor even smiled like he's enjoying it. Hulk was completely rabid that first time though; Thor tried to reason with him and got punched for it. So it was a bit weird that he was so much more under control the second time.
    It makes sense when you take into account the context of the transformations:

First time: Bruce is angry and injured, Hulk is aggressive and violent
    Second time: Bruce is completely at peace, Hulk is compliant and focused.

I have a nice mustache Van Custo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    It makes sense when you take into account the context of the transformations:

First time: Bruce is angry and injured, Hulk is aggressive and violent
    Second time: Bruce is completely at peace, Hulk is compliant and focused.
    Yea, good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Choppa View Post
    By the way, am I the only person in the world who thinks that the post-credit scene is a nod to Bendis?
    Nope. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Am the only one that thought this was fanservice to either Bendis, for all his Avengers eating scenes, or the fan complaints about it?