View Poll Results: Grade The Movie!

Voters
407. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • A+--Greatest Comic Movie Ever!

209 51.35%
  • A--Excellent!

154 37.84%
  • B---Very Good but could have been better

33 8.11%
  • C---Meh, just okay

5 1.23%
  • D--Very let down; even "Catwoman" was better!

3 0.74%
  • F---Complete Failure; what happened??

3 0.74%
Page 203 of 293 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213253 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 4382
    Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmanaut View Post
    When people are firing machine guns at you, it's morally acceptable to fire back. It's defense. Plain and simple.

I don't disagree. However, the Avengers have not always had a consistent stance on killing even in situations where killing in self-defense would be ethically and legally permissible. The movie Avengers seem to have a more realistic and believable attitude on killing than their comic book counterparts have historically displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    Using him in Smallville may have saved the character from being a cheap knockoff since a chunk of the populace who doesn't read comics might remember him from the show.

I love how you made that point then said the Namor bit. It's true too! I wonder, he's a mutant, plus he's more of an FF hero. Is he owned by Fox? Marvel might not be able to put him in the Avengers.
    no from what I understand he was owned by Universal but they gave the rights back Marvel.
    Cyclops ad portas

So I saw this movie for the third time, and still enjoyed it as much as the first!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment...-office-record

Groupthink is Groupthink neohuey89's Avatar

Well said, and I think you're right. My thoughts on it only are in trying to understand the machine that is Hollywood. You'd think they'd want him in there doing some big things since he's his own property. If anything it's good how they used him in the movie in light of the comics. Is it so good considering he's going to be in 2 more movies of his own?
    I'm not sure to be honest. Captain America is my favorite super hero, but other than his fearless attitude and super soldier genetics I've always thought that his greatest super power was his goons (he can't beat the hulk , but he has plenty yes men that can etc), but you're right I think Cap needs a better angle with the group. I think that his lack of experience is part of story though. As he deals more with Shield and gets accustomed to the new world he'll be doing a lot more damage. I think with the shield he should be like a little juggernaut against dozens of armed enemies.

Using him in Smallville may have saved the character from being a cheap knockoff since a chunk of the populace who doesn't read comics might remember him from the show.

I love how you made that point then said the Namor bit. It's true too! I wonder, he's a mutant, plus he's more of an FF hero. Is he owned by Fox? Marvel might not be able to put him in the Avengers.
    From what I hear Fox is losing the rights to FF next year unless they make a new movie and unless they're making a movie in secret there's no way they can get anything out in time. I can honestly see the FF being integrated in the marvel movieverse in 2 years if it's true.
    Last edited by Khajit; 05-06-2012 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    From what i Hear Fox is losing the rights to FF next year unless they make a new movie and unless they're making a movie in secret there's no way they can get anything out in time. I can honestly see the FF being integrated in the marvel movieverse in 2 years if it's true.
    Apparently they're working on a script, so they can fudge it all up...again.

I don't mind X-Men and Spider-Man being out of the picture, because I can't see them fitting into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. However, I think Fantastic Four would work pretty well. Not only would they bring a lot to the universe, the stories that could be connected to them are near endless. Silver Surfer, Namor, The Inhumans, numerous cosmic threats, Hulk, etc. My only concern would be Reed's powers, but it's not like he'd have to be on the front line. Imagine watching Ben go against Hulk!

Quote Originally Posted by CHOX View Post
    Apparently they're working on a script, so they can fudge it all up...again. I don't mind X-Men and Spider-Man being out of the picture, because I can't see them fitting into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. However, I think Fantastic Four would work pretty well. My only concern would be Reed's powers, but it's not like he'd have to be on the front line. Imagine watching Ben go against Hulk!
    I guess the FF is one of the contracts without quality clauses... It's a damn shame too. That movie is going to be hysterically bad since it has to be out before 2013 and they're just now getting a script started.

Oh and spider fits in the movieverse if you pretend something more important was happening and assume it's the new movie where nothing (hopefully) large scale enough for ironman to stop it is going on. X-men work if we go by the classic history and ultimates history where they're just a rumour. The real problem is that it's difficult to see collaboration between studios and there is no way the studios are ever giving up the rights thanks to how huge a cash cow they are.
    Last edited by Khajit; 05-06-2012 at 05:46 PM.

The whole thing is just bullshit and pisses me off. Contract be damned, Fantastic Four belongs to Marvel. They should be able to make the movies. The fans shouldn't be getting the raw end of this deal.

The contracts must be full of crap too. Daredevil came out in 2002. Ten years ago, and NOTHING has been in production. In the end of last year rumors were flying that Marvel may have gotten the rights back, but then news broke that Fox was working on a script. Forget that! The deadlines should be like this.

A movie has to be released every FIVE years. Let's say they're almost done with a Daredevil movie. If that five year deadline ends tomorrow, the rights should instantly revert back to Marvel. Just "saying" they're thinking of a script is garbage. Stupid legal crap!
    Last edited by CHOX; 05-06-2012 at 05:54 PM.

BANNED

You are clearly misconstruing my words. I never said "the entire movie." Are you upset? I can't understand how you can misunderstand me so greatly.
    No. Once again, I'm trying to understand why- if the thing you dislike doesn't exist- then what the problem is.

BANNED

Let me point out...again...that I'm not harping on Cap. I just think the filmmakers made some choices that display Cap in certain ways that were surprising. I explained in detail the "ways" above.
    And as I pointed out, I think that the things that you are pointed out are either erroneous or exaggerated.

BANNED

I just realized, if the JLA movie ever comes out, I can see people scoffing at Green Arrow because "he's too similar to the guy in Avengers" (which really isn't fair). That being said, they need to get Namor into a movie before Aquaman.
    And I can see those people being the same guys who state that the superhero movie genre is "dying."

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

The whole thing is just bullshit and pisses me off. Contract be damned, Fantastic Four belongs to Marvel. They should be able to make the movies. The fans shouldn't be getting the raw end of this deal.

The contracts must be full of crap too. Daredevil came out in 2002. Ten years ago, and NOTHING has been in production. In the end of last year rumors were flying that Marvel may have gotten the rights back, but then news broke that Fox was working on a script. Forget that! The deadlines should be like this.

A movie has to be released every FIVE years. Let's say they're almost done with a Daredevil movie. If that five year deadline ends tomorrow, the rights should instantly revert back to Marvel. Just "saying" they're thinking of a script is garbage. Stupid legal crap!

the smart business move here….

is to invest some of this money back and secure the rights for daredevil and FF by paying for these movies not to be made. more so then the heroes, marvel needs kingpin, doom, galactus, etc etc. they just got a ton of money, break some of that off and buy back DD and FF with the houses money so to speak… offer fox the entire avengers japan sales lol

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    I'm not sure to be honest. Captain America is my favorite super hero, but other than his fearless attitude and super soldier genetics I've always thought that his greatest super power was his goons (he can't beat the hulk , but he has plenty yes men that can etc), but you're right I think Cap needs a better angle with the group. I think that his lack of experience is part of story though. As he deals more with Shield and gets accustomed to the new world he'll be doing a lot more damage. I think with the shield he should be like a little juggernaut against dozens of armed enemies.
    Lack of experience? He's a war veteran and the greatest (non-superhuman) hand-to-hand combatant in the MCU.

this movie was amazing!!!!!!!!!