View Poll Results: Grade The Movie!

Voters
407. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • A+--Greatest Comic Movie Ever!

209 51.35%
  • A--Excellent!

154 37.84%
  • B---Very Good but could have been better

33 8.11%
  • C---Meh, just okay

5 1.23%
  • D--Very let down; even "Catwoman" was better!

3 0.74%
  • F---Complete Failure; what happened??

3 0.74%
Page 164 of 293 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 4382

I saw this twice last week, once in 3D and once in 2D. I prefer to see movies in 2D as I find 3D distracting (that and I hate having to wear two sets of glasses) but the 3D was actually not too bad.

Avengers is doing pretty well here in New Zealand and by "pretty well" I mean smashing everything else. It's the busiest I've seen the ticket box in a while and I used to work at that cinema.

spoilers are allowed... well in that case!

holy fuckknuckles Loki's demise was awesome!
    I went and made a webcomic...
    Saturn Sally

Avengers has made $178.4 million worldwide and it not out in america, japan and other countries yet!

http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3431&p=.htm

Man next weekend needs to hurry up and get here! The wait is killing me!

Loved it!

Regarding the scene mid credits, I think the obvious deduction would be that its setting up the second Avengers movie. However, does anyone think it might have something to do with the GotG movie? Like a slight chance? Maybe Im just desperate.
    Thor: God of Thunder, Indestructible Hulk, Deadpool, Captain Marvel, Avengers, Mighty Avengers, All-New X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Loved it!

Regarding the scene mid credits, I think the obvious deduction would be that its setting up the second Avengers movie. However, does anyone think it might have something to do with the GotG movie? Like a slight chance? Maybe Im just desperate.
    I haven't heard any confirmation that they are going forward with GOTG. If they want to, it seems to me that the obvious thing would be to seed them in the next Avengers movie and then go forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey W View Post
    I haven't heard any confirmation that they are going forward with GOTG. If they want to, it seems to me that the obvious thing would be to seed them in the next Avengers movie and then go forward.
    There is this....

http://www.craveonline.com/film/arti...he-galaxy-news

But yeah, I guess Avengers would be a good launching poin for GotG.
    Thor: God of Thunder, Indestructible Hulk, Deadpool, Captain Marvel, Avengers, Mighty Avengers, All-New X-Men

I saw this on Friday when it came out in Malaysia. Had to buy tickets a week in advance.
    It was so awesome I immediately wanted to watch it again. It's sold out everywhere, though :(

It was an epic movie, non-comic readers i went with loved it and kept on asking a lot of questions about the characters.

They all thought Black Widow had special powers (because she was that bad-ass) and were genuinely shocked when I told her she was just a top assassin / spy.

S P O I L E R S B E L OW

What I loved most about the movie was that Whedon cleverly and on the verge of genius knitted a lot of interaction between the characters:

Cap-thor-iron man
    cap - iron man
    stark - banner
    thor - hulk
    BW - banner
    BW - hawkeye
    BW - cap

You could sense that stark and banner got along well with each other, Cap and Stark grudgingly came to respect each other, BW's relationship with Hawkeye, Thor's err.. interaction with Hulk
    It was all organic.

Cap's unease at everyone's adulation of him and his man-out-of-time schtick. I loved how ultimately outmatched Cap was against Loki, showing that Loki was a real threat.

I can understand how Thor fans might be peeved that they portrayed hulk as stronger than him, and make no mistake, Hulk was the ultimate argument-stopper. But Thor held his own against the Hulk and lasted longer than anyone else against him, taking on full shots but not terribly injured. My non-comic reading friends all commented that in the end, the world didn't need anyone except the Hulk and that got me into a furious defence of the movie. I told them it was clear that the world wouldn't have been saved if not for the tactical acumen of Cap, Ironman's technology and efforts in the sky and his sacrifice, Thor's lightning to stop further invaders and then Cap, Hawkeye and BW's efforts on the ground. Hulk was great, but he wouldn't have achieved much alone.
    They then told me, they did not look at it from that perspective and would want to watch it again.

If anything, I thought that the general interaction with Thor was a little low, but it was a very interactive team. I loved how the various characters had their own teamwork sessions during the big fight. That was a delight to see.

Lots of laughs, lots of serious moments, lots of action.

I'd give it a 9.8/10.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Avengers has made $178.4 million worldwide and it not out in america, japan and other countries yet!

http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3431&p=.htm

Man next weekend needs to hurry up and get here! The wait is killing me!
    $178.4 million in half a week?
    My GOD! They're almost 2/3rds of their way from getting their money back!
    I hope the money this movie makes carries over to boost the budget for the next Marvel movies! Especially if it makes a billion. Or TWO BILLION!!!

i also want to point out, that it must be a constant across the marvel multiverse that nick furys bosses wont let him do his effing job,seriously poor pilot learned the hard way do what nick says , not what nicks bosses say.

"i reconize the counsol made a decision but givin its a stupid ass decision im ignoring it."
    -this posters ragging on rob leifelds art is not ment as hatred toward the man he is a professional artist and got that way for a reason...however i cannot condone the use of pouches-

Quote Originally Posted by Superbeast View Post
    If you don't like 3D generally, why not just go to a 2d screening?
    1. 2D screening wasn't available.

2. I don't really mind 3D (just, you know, "not a fan").

Also Jackson was attempting to act as Nick Fury rather than be Jules from Pulp Fiction so him actually trying to play a character rather than reverting to his stock characterization to me is a plus not a minus.
    There were plenty of moments in the movie where profanities would not only have been appropriate, but socially acceptable. You yourself were probably thinking "MF!" at least once during the whole screening.

And I'll remind you that Ultimate Nick Fury is basically SLJ's Shaft with the eye patch.

He's one bad motherf -shut your mouth!
    [Level 1 antagonism]
    Homer: Ned Flanders, I mock your value system. You also appear foolish to the eyes of others.
    Ned: Well howdy, Homer! Thanks for dropping by!
    [Level 2 antagonism]
    Homer: Past instances in which I professed to like you, were fraudulent.
    Ned: Oh well. I'll just have to try harder. Thanks for dropping by!
    [Maximum hostility factor]
    Homer: I engaged in intercourse with your spouse or significant other. Now that's psychiatry!

I saw it yesterday and i have to say that it's the best Marvel film and probably one of the best comic book films.Marvel's experiment was a success and finally we had an Avenger film.I loved how interaction between all the major characters worked.They were all equally great.My biggest surprise was Black Widow and Hulk.Widow played a better role in this film than in Iron Man 2 and she kicked a lot of ass in this film.As for Hulk,Ruffalo was a big surprise.His Banner was great.Bana and Norton never manage to produce the nerdiness and the scientific side of Banner credibly while Ruffalo succeed in every way.His Hulk is as definite as Downey's Iron Man.Definetely the surprise of the movie.
    "I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarius View Post
    I saw it yesterday and i have to say that it's the best Marvel film and probably one of the best comic book films.Marvel's experiment was a success and finally we had an Avenger film.I loved how interaction between all the major characters worked.They were all equally great.My biggest surprise was Black Widow and Hulk.Widow played a better role in this film than in Iron Man 2 and she kicked a lot of ass in this film.As for Hulk,Ruffalo was a big surprise.His Banner was great.Bana and Norton never manage to produce the nerdiness and the scientific side of Banner credibly while Ruffalo succeed in every way.His Hulk is as definite as Downey's Iron Man.Definetely the surprise of the movie.
    Agreed. Ruffalo was both geeky and had that nasty Banner flair too.. which makes people generally want to punch him in the face but wont dare to.

That stunt he pulled on BW was plain rude.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blakkrussian View Post
    Great entertainment and film, but Hawkeye and black widows attire bothered me a little. There he is, human joe, all bare armed and unarmoured going into battle against laser fire, bullets and huge bits of metal flying about when even a tiny piece could have killed him and/or her. For someone whose main strength is the use of their atms in battle i would have thought they would have been better protected.
    http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7...me_273x430.jpg
    He looks too exposed.

Maybe they both should have worn lite hawkeye and black widow like body armoured costumes a little like Nolans batman does, at least.Even British policemen wear some kind of protection for their bodies. Black widows attire seemed even more ridiculous, with what looked like spandex from a high street fashion house.

I also thought Thor seemed a little weak strength wise, Hulk seemed to be owning him throughout their battle. He only seemed a threat when he started hitting Hulk with his hammer, but was still soming off worse.
    I disagree about Thor. He was plenty strong. He sent the Hulk stumbling with the first punch he landed without Mjolnir. Then he CAUGHT Hulk's fist! And he crushed Iron Man's armour like it was a can of baked beans. You gotta remember, Thor was holding back on the Helicarrier too. He was just trying to stop Hulk from tearing the place apart.

Senior Member greatmetropolitan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bravery View Post
    I disagree about Thor. He was plenty strong. He sent the Hulk stumbling with the first punch he landed without Mjolnir. Then he CAUGHT Hulk's fist! And he crushed Iron Man's armour like it was a can of baked beans. You gotta remember, Thor was holding back on the Helicarrier too. He was just trying to stop Hulk from tearing the place apart.
    Thor was arguably the strongest Avenger. Yes, the Hulk was physically stronger than him, but consider this: Thor held his own against the Hulk, for half the fight he didn't have his hammer. And he was also trying to reason with the Hulk to reach Banner. And he couldn't cut loose for fear of damaging the Helicarrier. And he couldn't use his lightning. Flash forward to the city battle and the Hulk can maybe take out one of the big snake lookin' alien things at a time - Thor took out at least three with his lightning, and tons of enemy soldiers besides.
    Buy or download my first self published comic, Taking Flight!
    Available at www.laseragecomics.co.uk

You can see if you are like one of Avengers on this site http://www.hero-me.com It is like a personality test which tells you what Superhero you are most like.

I am Mr Fantastic which is cool, but I wish I was more like Ironman.