Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Who can beat a Celestial?

Who can beat or hurt a Celestial?

I keep hearing how amazing a power of a Celestial is, but all I see is (from wikipedia): Nearly unlimited cosmic power for use in any application

Sure that is strong, but doesn't seem like much comparing him to Mephisto in his own dimension, Spectre, Galactus (though I know Galactus was amazed when a Celestial was beaten), Void, and many others.

Who can hurt a Celestial? Can Earthlings beat a Celestial? Can Dormammu defeat a Celestial? Can Mephisto in or outside of his dimension defeat a Celestial?

BANNED

My mom can.

Hero of Quesadillas Demon King Psycho's Avatar

Tenchi could.
    "No fact escapes me. Why do you think you can?"
    -Nicol Bolas

BANNED

Hulk Hogan
    Original Tyrant
    Well-Fed+ Galactus
    Mario w/All Power-Ups

Celestials are basically just below Eternity/Infinity/Death/Oblivion etc. That is, the very highest tier of conceptual cosmic entities. They're clearly above a baseline Galactus and make the likes of Watchers, Skyfathers and most other cosmic beings look like gnats in comparison.

So nah. Earthlings can't beat a Celestial (although Earth does have a habit of occasionally producing ludicrously powerful beings, so that may not apply at every given moment), and neither can Mephisto - in or out of his Hell.
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall
    set me free.

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanCosmic View Post
    Who can hurt a Celestial? Can Earthlings beat a Celestial? Can Dormammu defeat a Celestial? Can Mephisto in or outside of his dimension defeat a Celestial?
    Hurt? Who knows if they can be hurt? The one that had its arm cleaved off by the Destroyer seemed to not feel pain.

Normal earthlings can't beat a Celestial. But the ludicrously powered ones, like Franklin Richards or Protege, have a chance.

Dormammu? No.

Mephisto? Inside his realm, no chance. Outside his realm, anyone can beat him.

Wow, so whats their purpose if they are right below Eternity?

Judging the fitness of species to live, and ocassionally tinkering with their evolution. They don't do much else.

BANNED

They basically do nothing and are regarded as uber-powerful for it. One of them once had his armor chinked by Thor's GodBlast and wasn't that Exitar, the second-strongest out there? They also chucked planets at Thanos during the IG deal. But they've never shown the ability to destroy a galaxy or anything. They're all hype and one big showing against the Destroyer.

They're all hype and one big showing against the Destroyer.
    The Destroyer, and the Eternal Uni mind, both of which they dismissed as nothing. The Uni Mind having people like Zuras, Ikaris and Sersei within it. The Destroyer itself being empowered by Odin and all of Asgard except for Thor, who as a result of going against the Celestials, essentially died.

One of them once had his armor chinked by Thor's GodBlast and wasn't that Exitar, the second-strongest out there?
    It's been shown on a repeated basis that actually damaging their armour does nothing of consequence to them. This was explicitly noted when Arishem was ran through with the Odinsword.

They're all hype and one big showing against the Destroyer.
    A single renegade Celestial drove Galactus insane.

BANNED

It's been shown on a repeated basis that actually damaging their armour does nothing of consequence to them. This was explicitly noted when Arishem was ran through with the Odinsword.
    Doesn't really matter. Plain old Thor is on the bottom of the Cosmic Tier and he managed to hurt it, allbeit slightly. You think Thor could do that and even have a rmote effect on a well-fed Galactus or higher?

The Destroyer, and the Eternal Uni mind, both of which they dismissed as nothing. The Uni Mind having people like Zuras, Ikaris and Sersei within it. The Destroyer itself being empowered by Odin and all of Asgard except for Thor, who as a result of going against the Celestials, essentially died.
    So they're higher than Skyfathers.

A single renegade Celestial drove Galactus insane.
    Didn't he eat one?

Doesn't really matter. Plain old Thor is on the bottom of the Cosmic Tier and he managed to hurt it, allbeit slightly. You think Thor could do that and even have a rmote effect on a well-fed Galactus or higher?
    Bill remotely cracked Galactus' armour. It doesn't mean he accomplished anything of note.

More pointedly, saying "it doesn't really matter" means you are disagreeing with comics when comics themselves note such damage as completely irrelevant to the Celestials. Which is sort of amusing.

Didn't he eat one?
    The Black Celestial had to be stopped by Ultimate Nullifying the entire section of the timeline it had taken over and surrounded with a distortion bubble, including Galactus himself. Reed's ultimate plan to stop the Celestial from his bubble reaching out and destroying everything via the Galactus it had driven insane and turned into a tool was to briefly give Galactus a single moment of sanity and have him end everything in that future, himself included.

So they're higher than Skyfathers.
    They're higher than multiple skyfathers as amped by the power of the people that they rule combined as one, to be accurate, which you seem to have problems with being.

Quote Originally Posted by K Von Doom View Post
    Mephisto? Inside his realm, no chance. Outside his realm, anyone can beat him.
    Err, inside his realm he stalemated and then was very slightly beating Galactus,
    their battle having drastic affects on multiple dimensions.

And yeah, outside? Outisde his realm he can do things like freezing time,
    trapping an assortment of powerful characters like Hulk, Silver Surfer, and
    multiple heroes and villains inside it, and killing people like Silver Surfer with
    one attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Bill remotely cracked Galactus' armour. It doesn't mean he accomplished anything of note.

More pointedly, saying "it doesn't really matter" means you are disagreeing with comics when comics themselves note such damage as completely irrelevant to the Celestials. Which is sort of amusing.

The Black Celestial had to be stopped by Ultimate Nullifying the entire section of the timeline it had taken over and surrounded with a distortion bubble, including Galactus himself. Reed's ultimate plan to stop the Celestial from his bubble reaching out and destroying everything via the Galactus it had driven insane and turned into a tool was to briefly give Galactus a single moment of sanity and have him end everything in that future, himself included.
    To be fair, the Black Celestial used Galactus as the primary tool for his plans of reality conquest/control/manipulation, suggesting that on his own he would be unable to wield such power, whereas the insane Galactus began to grow as large as the universe.

The use of the ultimate nullifier can indeed be seen as a means of last resort, but the object is an intrinsic part of Galactus (apparently) so I would still view that as Galactus' power being superior.

Well, true, the Black Celestial was only able to affect Galactus because he was beaten, starving and dying. Of course, this was after the Black Celestial himself had been reduced to a point where other Celestials considerd him utterly powerless.

And yeah, Galactus can become more powerful than any Celestial, given his nature. But even he doesn't casually wield the kind of power they do.
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall
    set me free.