Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by YoungG03 View Post
    Also the last coupe of Superman issues leading to the revamp was some of the best stories ever written for the Man of Steel from New Krypton to War of the Superman. How did Chris age so much by the way. I liked him. Anyway thnaks.
    Chris (his biological parents are Zod and Ursa, the House of EL's biggest threat on planet Krypton) was born and raised in the Phantom Zone. Since the Phantom Zone (created by scientist Jor-EL, Superman's biological father, was meant to put the world's most dangerous and villainous criminals in solitary & was re-created on Earth by Superman) is pretty much time in a stand-still. One who exits the Phantom Zone, time will speed up & they would age very quickly in real time from spending so much time in endless life, or in what most say, endless imprisonment.
    Last edited by Tra-EL; 06-05-2012 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    have they re started?

didnt they begin in 1940 or something?
    Yup: they restarted along with every other DCU book 10 months or so back.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by shingi70 View Post
    Anyone ha e any old superman suggestions. Has tl be on comixology.
    John Byrne's Superman is quite good.

I think Geoff Johns and Grant Morrison have been hitting it out of the park with their versions of Kal-El/Clark Kent. I can't wait to see what they do next.

I also loved the early 90's run with the triangles on the covers across the line for reading order.
    Last edited by crazymaverick; 07-11-2012 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shingi70 View Post
    Anyone ha e any old superman suggestions. Has tl be on comixology.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	412-1.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	97463

I think the actual story starts around #390 or so, but here Superman finally just snaps and gives it to Luthor. One of my favorite issues.

I'm looking for good Silver Age stories...I know they're goofy. Single issues are fine, though if there are any decent trades with highlights of the era, that'd be awesome.

BANNED

There's the Superman Showcase Presents series, Superman in the 50s, and Superman in the 60s. I don't know if the Chronicles have reached Silver Age era yet.

Virginia, United States Of 'Merica, bitches!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    There's the Superman Showcase Presents series, Superman in the 50s, and Superman in the 60s. I don't know if the Chronicles have reached Silver Age era yet.
    Nope, the chronicles are still in the Golden Age. It'll be a while before they get to the silver age stuff.

I gotta catch up. I've got them through volume 4, then I hit some rough finacial times and couldn't keep up.

I've just recently got into Superman and have read Man of Steel and Birthright. Anyone have any suggestions on what to read next?

If you go to used bookstores, look for The Last Son of Krypton and Miracle Monday novels by Elliot S! Maggin. Written around the time of the first two movies, they are some of the best stories ever. Maggin was given free reign to explore his ideas, and they come off as epic. Completely in continuity to the Silver/Bronze Age as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rosalyn View Post
    I've just recently got into Superman and have read Man of Steel and Birthright. Anyone have any suggestions on what to read next?
    More than I have time to list...Morrison JLA, Kingdom Come, triangle era trades, All Star Superman, For All Seasons...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Any good Bronze Age trades?

Was New Krypton really that bad? I see it get uniformly negative reviews, but the hook of the event (everyone from Kandor set free, integrated into Earth) sounds amazing.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

BANNED

It's not as bad as people say, but idk how recommendable it is either. The World of New Krypton maxi was actually pretty good. but the other three books ended up being badly decompressed because they were basically waiting for these 12 issues to play out. Lot of editorial muck-ups, and they flush it all away in the worst way possible in the War of the Supermen mini to make room for JMS's run.

I was one of the few people who was on board for it, and was furious after War of the Supermen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    It's not as bad as people say, but idk how recommendable it is either. The World of New Krypton maxi was actually pretty good. but the other three books ended up being badly decompressed because they were basically waiting for these 12 issues to play out. Lot of editorial muck-ups, and they flush it all away in the worst way possible in the War of the Supermen mini to make room for JMS's run.

I was one of the few people who was on board for it, and was furious after War of the Supermen.
    Is the World of New Krypton maxi worth reading by itself? Like, would I understand the complete story and have a complete reading experience? I am the type of reader where I am fine only reading the main series in most events (i.e. I only read the Snyder Court of Owls issues and was fine, only read the Johns Blackest Night issues and was fine, etc...)

Also, what are your favorite / most highly recommended Superman stories? I almost completely agree with your opinions these days so I think I would probably like what you like.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor