Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is Ares really Ares?

I was just wondering: how do we know that the Ares that's going to feature in mighty avengers is the real olympian deal, and not another clone cyborg like Clor?

We don't. But I'm betting it's the real deal.

yeah, Im pretty sure the god of war wouldnt let some government clown get away with his name.

Ares is actually Steve Rogers in disguise. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Karthak View Post
    I was just wondering: how do we know that the Ares that's going to feature in mighty avengers is the real olympian deal, and not another clone cyborg like Clor?
    Largely because Ares isn't a character many people are all that familiar with as he is a relatively new character so it wouldn't be a very resonant reveal, i.e. no I'm not basically-brand-new character.... I'm a clone of that basically brand new character.

Of course, that would basically be the same as that whole Ronin thing. So ::shurg:: who knows.

I have a nice mustache Van Custo's Avatar

I remember people saying Ares will kick Thor's ass but then I also rememberd Thor simply bitchslapping Ares around in old issues and it made me smile :D

15 Min. Baked Potatoes firestarfan's Avatar

Plus "Clares" doesn't sound nearly as good.

A better question would be is it Ares or Ares Jr under the helmet? Or what if it's Ares on the Avengers just to assure that Junior gets the proper training needed on the Young Avengers?

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    A better question would be is it Ares or Ares Jr under the helmet? Or what if it's Ares on the Avengers just to assure that Junior gets the proper training needed on the Young Avengers?
    okay, Ares jr on young avengers?
    enough to make me buy the book.

Quote Originally Posted by firestarfan View Post
    Plus "Clares" doesn't sound nearly as good.

Don't give Bendis any ideas, he may as well do it.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

True Savior of the Kree Captain Exaggeration's Avatar

I'm sure he's real. Putting a clone God on any team is hopefully too stupid for even Bendis to do.

Quote Originally Posted by MAK15 View Post
    okay, Ares jr on young avengers?
    enough to make me buy the book.
    you mean there wasn't enough reason to read it before? you're missing out
    DC League 2007 team Ion Dr Light Faith Animal Man CM3 Guardian Mr Miracle
    Marvel League 2006 champion Exodus Karnilla Living Lightning Talisman Arclight Karma Phantazia

Quote Originally Posted by Atom_basher View Post
    you mean there wasn't enough reason to read it before? you're missing out
    read the first 6 issues, I thought it was meh.

Masked Bat-Mod RonnieThunderbolts's Avatar

We know its the real Ares, just like we know its the real Thor getting a book and not Clor. The reason is simple, Ares had a mini-series recently* and we were promised he would be joining a major Marvel team. We were promised a new Thor series. Those aren't the same as the adventures of Clonesy MacClones and the Clonies. I'm relatively certain that Ares will be the real deal.

*(not his debut, he is NOT a recent character. The Olympian Ares acted as an Avengers and Hercules villain for many years. He has had dozens of Avengers appearances, a few in the Champions against Hercules, and single guest appearances in random books, such as Sub-Mariner and New Mutants. His SON is a brand new character, but I don't think that it will be Alexander under the helmet. I'd like to see Alex join the Young Avengers, or perhaps even the Runaways. He was a very cool character, and it could be cool to see him interact with his superhuman peers.)
    Last edited by RonnieThunderbolts; 01-13-2007 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieThunderbolts View Post
    We know its the real Ares, just like we know its the real Thor getting a book and not Clor. The reason is simple, Ares had a mini-series recently* and we were promised he would be joining a major Marvel team. We were promised a new Thor series. Those aren't the same as the adventures of Clonesy MacClones and the Clonies. I'm relatively certain that Ares will be the real deal.

*(not his debut, he is NOT a recent character. The Olympian Ares acted as an Avengers and Hercules villain for many years. He has had dozens of Avengers appearances, a few in the Champions against Hercules, and single guest appearances in random books, such as Sub-Mariner and New Mutants. His SON is a brand new character, but I don't think that it will be Alexander under the helmet. I'd like to see Alex join the Young Avengers, or perhaps even the Runaways. He was a very cool character, and it could be cool to see him interact with his superhuman peers.)
    I'm really interested to see how he came to join the Mighty Avengers.

Speaking of Hercules we haven't really seen anything about him post Civil War have we?