Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default CBR NEWS: Civil War #7 Cover, Delay and "Civil War: Confessions"

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...em.cgi?id=9314

Marvel Comics' universe spanning "Civil War" is coming to a close soon, with a new release date and upped page count for issue #7, plus an all new "Civil War" special. We've got all the details, along with some new art, so come inside and check it out.

Man, the city is in ruins.

I don't know if that's a case for or against the SHRA. :p

I have a nice mustache Van Custo's Avatar

Looks good....and i wonder who took out Sentry if it's only these 2 left standing...if the cover is really a scene from inside I mean..

and hercules for that matter...but that could've been done by clor maybe..
    Last edited by Van Custo; 01-09-2007 at 12:32 PM.

An EPILOGUE issue? Good Lord, they ARE milking this for all it's worth, isn't it? Will we have a Civil War: the 2007 Xmas Special too? Please, Marvel, I understand you're setting up a "New Status Quo", that there are still characters whose fate post-CW may need to be explored, and some plotlines may need to be tied up. But DON'T try to use CW to sell us on EVERY one of your books if they haven't been affected in a MAJOR way, the way DC did with the One Year Later thing.

And the epilogue had better be an important part of the story, or I'm just not buying it. If it's just people whining about the "end" of the war, forget it.

Notice how Yellowjacket AND Hulkling are in that picture. So, does Hank somehow make it back from Arizona for the climactic battle...even after being replaced?

Quote Originally Posted by Thursaiz View Post
    Notice how Yellowjacket AND Hulkling are in that picture. So, does Hank somehow make it back from Arizona for the climactic battle...even after being replaced?
    Remember... covers usually have very little to do with the actual contents of the issues. Remember the fact that Colossus and Black Goliath were shown on the Pro-Reg side in a past cover. :p
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

Hardly milking it TOO much IMO. If Steve or Tony is dead (and both have been WILDLY speculated to equal degrees) then we need a face to face meeting between the survivor and the leader of the opposite side. If not, we need a meeting between Tony and Steve. It could be told in IM, it could be told in Cap... but this is unfair if you like one and not the other. So they make a special. Anyway...

AWESOME cover. Seriously... superb. Really revs me up for the finale. We still need to see the Turner variant revealed, but it's been worse for every issue so far and I don't expect that to change. We need a bigger version though, even the "massive" scrollie at Newsarama is too small ;) It'll almost be a shame to see the Civil War logo across half the page- thqat cover could hold it alone and look amazing.

Guys, I wouldn't hold my breath for that scene being inside, given that the covers of- let's see- 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 never actually happened inside the issue ;) So while the ideal may happen (it all comes down to a finale between these two with no-one else standing) the details will not, so it's stupid to look for select heroes. Just look at the cover of #5.
    "After all, John McCain's led a very Biblical life. Like his namesake Cain, he is not afraid to go negative on a brother. Like John the Baptist, he paved the way for the new Messiah, and like Moses, he takes advice from a Bush who is going up in flames."- Stephen Colbert

I'm fine with delays if it equates to them flashing out the story more.

We got some really good stuff because of the earlier delays... it's frankly hard to imagine Civil War not occuring without Casualties of War for example. It was such an important piece of the puzzle that could not have occured without the delays.

I'm hoping the same will be said about Confessions as well.

Weren't it for the solicit of Civil War: The Confession, I would have said "bye bye" to Cap.
    [Level 1 antagonism]
    Homer: Ned Flanders, I mock your value system. You also appear foolish to the eyes of others.
    Ned: Well howdy, Homer! Thanks for dropping by!
    [Level 2 antagonism]
    Homer: Past instances in which I professed to like you, were fraudulent.
    Ned: Oh well. I'll just have to try harder. Thanks for dropping by!
    [Maximum hostility factor]
    Homer: I engaged in intercourse with your spouse or significant other. Now that's psychiatry!

I think we may have gotten "The Confession" anyway, it was hinted at a few times.
    "After all, John McCain's led a very Biblical life. Like his namesake Cain, he is not afraid to go negative on a brother. Like John the Baptist, he paved the way for the new Messiah, and like Moses, he takes advice from a Bush who is going up in flames."- Stephen Colbert

Quote Originally Posted by Sijo View Post
    An EPILOGUE issue? Good Lord, they ARE milking this for all it's worth, isn't it?
    Well, it is drawn by Alex Maleev, which is enough for me to plunk down my money no matter what happens in the thing. And considering everything, I think a talky face-to-face confrontation between Iron Man and Captain America (just a guess) makes sense; I'd rather buy that then pay attention to regular solicits of each character's book to find out when the two key heroes in all of this bury the hatchet (or whatever).

I'm just wondering....

HOW DO YOU ORDER THIS ISSUE?!?!?! It hasn't been in a previews! :(
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

Quote Originally Posted by pmpknface View Post
    I'm just wondering....

HOW DO YOU ORDER THIS ISSUE?!?!?! It hasn't been in a previews! :(
    You'll have to tell your comic retailer that you want the issue.

CBR's story gave the order number that it's listed under.
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

nice cover.

i might check out 'the confession' one-shot as well.
    and i'm counting 1, counting 2, counting 3...

"Two of the Marvel heroes most affected by the shocking conclusion of the war get together one last time. What is said between them will set the course of the Marvel Universe for years to come."

w00t.

This totally confirms my feeling that the $400 I'm thinking of plunking down for the Civil War 7 Turner sketch/signed CGC 9.8 is going to be soooo worth it (and before you start yapping, that's down from $450 regular price, momma didn't raise no fool).

30 years from now, when people are talking about the pre-civil war and post-civil war marvel universe, and looking back at the awesomeness of this seminal event, I'm gonna ebay that badboy and spend the rest of my days in the sun.

Sweet. :)