Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default How long until you think the Avengers return to "old-school?"

By which I mean, either one unified team--or two teams that are still joined at the hip like the Eackos/Whackos were back in the day--with a more powerful, less "street level" feel than the NewAvs have?

In other words, the pre-Bendis style.

Two years? Five years? A decade? Never?

Hopefully never.

Quote Originally Posted by rwsmith View Post
    Hopefully never.
    HERE!HERE!
    I like the feeling of the New Avengers. Street level heroes are like, the most important heroes a comic book should have.
    Last edited by MAK15; 01-07-2007 at 02:06 PM.

True Savior of the Kree Captain Exaggeration's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MAK15 View Post
    HERE!HERE!
    I like the deeling of the New Avengers. Street level heroes are like, the most important heroes a comic book should have.
    Good luck when Ultron comes back.

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Shortly after the current model stops selling books.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

It depends on how much longer Bendis will have a hold on the Avengers which will probably be more than a year or so.

There will be other teams written by other writers though especially after seeing the cool stuff in CW #6 so maybe Dan Slott's The Initiative will carry the "old school" dynamic in the contemporary post CW setting.

BANNED

It has been to long already.

Right now, I think Marvel is sort of covering all their bases rather than worrying about catering to one model of the Avengers vs the other.

You're going from Marvel Adventures Avengers to Avengers Next to Mighty and New Avengers all the way down to Ultimates.

They're basically throwing out the biggest Avengers net possible with the idea of trying to catch as many fish (ie readers) as they can.

When Joe Quesada exits Marvel Comics. Without Joe Quesada, Brian Michael Bendis will eventually leave for other greener decompression-filled pasteurs.

It'll probably eventually happen, but I don't think it'll stick around forever. The one constant in the Avengers is change.

Many of the "When will the changes Bendis made be undone?" questions miss the point that pretty much every change Bendis has done will eventually be undone. There will be a point when Wolverine leaves the book. There will be a point when Spiderwoman leaves the book. The same will happen to Luke Cage, Spider-Man, Sentry, and Ronin. Because no character has stayed with the Avengers forever. Everyone quits, or takes a leave of absence eventually. And many of them return to the Avengers someday. Eventually there will be a more powerful less street level team. But don't expect that team to remain forever.

Now given the sales Bendis is getting on Avengers I don't see any major changes happening unless he wants them to, or unless he's ready to leave the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberman View Post
    It'll probably eventually happen, but I don't think it'll stick around forever. The one constant in the Avengers is change.

Many of the "When will the changes Bendis made be undone?" questions miss the point that pretty much every change Bendis has done will eventually be undone. There will be a point when Wolverine leaves the book. There will be a point when Spiderwoman leaves the book. The same will happen to Luke Cage, Spider-Man, Sentry, and Ronin. Because no character has stayed with the Avengers forever. Everyone quits, or takes a leave of absence eventually. And many of them return to the Avengers someday. Eventually there will be a more powerful less street level team. But don't expect that team to remain forever.

Now given the sales Bendis is getting on Avengers I don't see any major changes happening unless he wants them to, or unless he's ready to leave the books.

Also, we have to consider that Mighty Avengers has a somewhat traditional Avengers line up. Black WIdow aside, it's the furthest thing from street level I can think of.

With Bendis writing it, it won't be a "Classic" Avengers story but it'll be different and it might be enough to appeal to some of the more disgruntled Avengers readers.

Until a writer comes on who likes that style better. (Geoff Johns, I'm looking at you.)
    Robert Eddleman
    Panels on Pages

Making up the numbers NickThompson's Avatar

I don't see why it would ever fully return. Like how the team didn't return when all the team left to be replaced by Cap-Hawkeye-Quicksilver-Wanda, they just merged.

Plus, the MA is pretty much a "classic" team plus Sentry and Ares.

Id love to see a cap,thor,iron,hulk,pym,and wasp team again. Maybe not even as a team, but joining together to fight hulk in wwh ( obviously hulk wouldn't be on the team)

Give it to Ed Brubaker...he'll make it so old-school that you'll think Lee and Kirby are back. ;)
    I hope this 911 is for real and not just on tv.
    --Thorn

Not even my healing factor can handle Shlitz!
    --Skull-verine

Solitudinem fecerunt, pacem appelunt - They made a desert and called it peace.
    --Tacitus