Default Question about Ultimates 2 #1:

sorry if I'm late in realizing this; I was just re-reading Ultimates 2 #1, and noticed when Thor was speaking to Volstagg in the restaurant that someone who looks exactly like Loki was in the background. Is that intentional? What I mean is, is that Loki, or just some random guy who looks like him? Check the panel where Thor is drinking beer and has his hand up and says "Don't worry Volstagg. I'll be ready." Again, sorry if I'm REALLY late w/ this; I know this comic came out like, Feb. 05, but I was just re-reading all of the comics at one time, and noticed this. Am I right?
    Peace.
    Last edited by Baltho08; 01-07-2007 at 12:56 AM.

Yea I noticed that too. Not sure if that was discussed entirely in previous threads but my stance is that it was meant to be among the many pieces of evidence to debate whether or not Thor was the real deal.

So yeah IMO I think it was intentional.

Yeah, I read the comic back when it first came out, and never looked at it again till just now, so I was wondering if that was intentional. If so, that's awesome plotting, especially cause right when he appears Volstagg tells Thor that Loki is among them, rewriting reality. No one knew Volstagg meant it literally.
    Peace.

Arrow

It was intentional.

Check out the scene (Not sure which issue; four or five, maybe?) where Thor attacks the police officers (In Italy, I believe)-- Loki can be seen hanging out there as well.
    Last edited by The Foreigner; 01-07-2007 at 12:57 AM.

Wow, I'm glad you brought this up Baltho! I had never noticed this before either. That's pretty cool.

Prepare for war wingsofdamnation's Avatar

dont worry you're only like a year and a half late in noticing:rolleyes:
    nah just busting your chops. fact is i didnt notice either untill someone pointed it out to me. how were we supposed to know he was loki though was my question. sure now we know he is but back then all he did was show up in the backround whenever thor was around

Millar mentioned it on his website after Thor's brother met the Ultimates in Issue 2.
    It's intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by wingsofdamnation View Post
    dont worry you're only like a year and a half late in noticing:rolleyes:
    nah just busting your chops. fact is i didnt notice either untill someone pointed it out to me. how were we supposed to know he was loki though was my question. sure now we know he is but back then all he did was show up in the backround whenever thor was around
    Perhaps that was how we were supposed to know. Anyone who noticed that he appeared in Thor scenes on a regular basis might automatically start thinking that he's Loki.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltho08 View Post

sorry if I'm late in realizing this...
    Seem to recall a thread about this about a year ago, but it must have been cool to discover it yourself rather than reading it on a discussion list.