Cool Shopping List for: 12/28/2006 - Last one of '06!

Here's what is on tap for me to round out 2006:

100 BULLETS VOL 10 DECAYED TP - Nice!!!

ALL NEW OFF HANDBOOK MARVEL UNIVERSE A TO Z #12 - Last in this format.
    ANNIHILATION #5 - YES YES YES!!! 1st read of the week right here!
    ASTONISHING X-MEN #19 - Cool...
    BLACK PANTHER #23 - Should e good.
    DAREDEVIL #92 - When is the last time this wasn't good?
    HEROES FOR HIRE #5 - Still enjoying. May move to tpb.
    NEXTWAVE AGENTS OF HATE #11 - Almost done with season 1.
    SPIDER-MAN LOVES MARY JANE VOL 2 NEW GIRL DIGEST TP - NICE!
    ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #37 - I really like this arc.
    ULTIMATE POWER #3 - Let's just hope something happens.
    WINTER SOLDIER WINTER KILLS ONE SHOT - Looking forward to this a LOT!
    WOLVERINE ORIGINS #9 - This is fun stuff.
    X-MEN #194 - Woohoo!

LADY DEATH SACRILEGE WRAPAROUND CVR #0 - I think I got. I may have to cull LD tho. :(

Trades:

JACK OF FABLES #6 - I can wait, but only because I've got other stuff to read.
    JUSTICE #9 - So slow.... even in tpb.
    LOVELESS #14 - About to order vol 2
    AGE OF BRONZE #24 - HC only! And worth the wait.
    HELLSTORM SON OF SATAN #3 - This is a tpb 4 sure.
    IMMORTAL IRON FIST #2 - I may have ordered this. Unsure. #1 was damn good tho.
    SPIDER-MAN LOVES MARY JANE #13 - see above.
    WHAT IF X-MEN AGE OF APOCALYPSE
    WHAT IF X-MEN DEADLY GENESIS
    - there will be a tpb.
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

Some decent titles this week.

Archaia
    Okko-Cycle of Water #1: Sounded like it could be decent, and right up my manga influenced alley.

Wolfskin #2: About friggin time. Great art on this, and a fun little Ellis title.

DC/Vertigo/Wildstorm
    100 Bullets Vol 10, Decayed: I should go back and re-read the last few trades. Looking forward to this though.
    52, Week 34: Could be a big emotional week from the cover. Good as always.
    Jack of Fables #6: Good fun. Look forward to this as always.
    Justice #9: Getting to the end of this, should be getting to the big finale.
    Justice League of America #5: Still think this is a decent title, and they seem to be putting them out on time, which is always nice.
    Ninja Scroll #4: We'll see where they take this now, that the first arc is over. Nice art and a good fun story.
    Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes #25: Great series, with always excellent art.

Marvel:
    Immortal Iron Fist #2: Decent first issue, good enough to keep me around for the first art. Still not sure how I feel on the art though, as it's not really my prefered style. Wait and see on this one.
    Nextwave #11: :( Only two more issues. can't wait to see what Ellis has been talking about with having to buy multiple copies to apprecieate the issue. Could be another interesting artistic outing from Immonen.
    Ultimate Power #3: Good series so far, interested to see where this one is going. Last issue was fun with everyone showing up to fight.

Viz:
    Shonen Jump Feb 07: More manga goodness, in short fun bursts. best $5 spent this week.

Quote Originally Posted by goman View Post
    Some decent titles this week.

Archaia
    Okko-Cycle of Water #1: Sounded like it could be decent, and right up my manga influenced alley.
    Haven't heard of it. Got any info?

Wolfskin #2: About friggin time. Great art on this, and a fun little Ellis title.
    Finally! I'm getting this too. WOOHOO!!!

DC/Vertigo/Wildstorm
    100 Bullets Vol 10, Decayed: I should go back and re-read the last few trades. Looking forward to this though.
    I do the same, but I may just scan through them because I'm short on time and the tpb's are stacking up!
    Nextwave #11: :( Only two more issues. can't wait to see what Ellis has been talking about with having to buy multiple copies to apprecieate the issue. Could be another interesting artistic outing from Immonen.
    This could be interesting. This reminds me, I've got Forbush Man pics to share with you guys! Hopefully tomorrow.
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

Comic Pants has a decent non-spoiler review of it here, http://comicpants.com/?p=926. I forget who first pointed it out to me from the Previews catalogue, seemed interesting enough to try out though.

I wasn't sure if we'd ever see Wolfskin #2. I was tempted to email Ellis to find out when or if it would ever show. I was so excited when I saw it on the shipping list. And I'm right there with you on the backlog of TPB's to read, no time to go back and still catch up with everything. Get us those Forbush Man pics!!
    Last edited by goman; 12-28-2006 at 11:25 AM.

Yes sir! I'll get you pics of what I have and put them in the statue thread. However, if you want to look at what it WILL look like...

http://garagekits.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=748

You may have to register, but it's worth it. Unpainted at the top, painted ones at the bottom. I think I' may get the same guy (Saul) to paint mine, but he's pricy. I may get another guy who is cheaper and still damn good to do it.
    Last edited by pmpknface; 12-28-2006 at 12:40 PM.
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

Here's what I'd be getting this week if I was at home:

ARCHAIA STUDIOS PRESS
    Killer #2 (Of 10), $3.95
    - finally read #1 last week and it was really good.
    Okko Cycle Of Water #1 (Of 4), $3.95 - This also looked really good with ASP previewed a bunch of their comics on Newsarama 4~6 months ago.

DARK HORSE COMICS
    BPRD Universal Machine TPB, $17.95
    - I'm not going to be getting this, it's just a reminder that I need to seek out the issues for this on eBay. At this point in time, I'm about 2~3 BPRD mini-series behind.

DC COMICS
    100 Bullets Vol 10 Decayed TPB, $14.99
    - CAN NOT WAIT TO READ THIS!!
    52 Week #34, $2.50
    Rokkin #6, $2.99 - I really like Nick Bradshaw's art. This has been a fun mini-series.

MARVEL COMICS
    Astonishing X-Men #19, $2.99
    - which cover do I choose?
    Heroes For Hire #5, $2.99 - getting better with each issue, it's a shame that Gray/Palmiotti are now DC exclusive.
    Winter Soldier Winter Kills One Shot CW, $3.99 - Brubaker + Weeks sounds like a great creative team!

Trip

Quote Originally Posted by goman View Post
    Comic Pants has a decent non-spoiler review of it here, http://comicpants.com/?p=926. I forget who first pointed it out to me from the Previews catalogue, seemed interesting enough to try out though.
    Here's the preview that was run on newsarama last month:
    OKKO: THE CYCLE OF WATER #1
    The price point is pretty steep, but I think that I can handle it for 4 issues.

And here's another preview at Broken Frontier:
    Do the clicky thing here!

Enjoy!

Winter Soldier:Winter Kills
    A-Next#4
    Immortal Iron Fist#2
    Hellstorm#3
    30 Days of Night:Spreading the Disease#1

Quote Originally Posted by torippu View Post
    The price point is pretty steep, but I think that I can handle it for 4 issues.
    Yeah, 3.95 is a little high, but it's not too bad, especially with a 4 part mini. It's not as bad as last week where I had 3-4 over-$3 books. I'll pay a little more for a quality indie book, if only to support my niche reading habits.