Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Stupidest anime ever?

Silent Mobius, Colorful, Bobobobo-bobobobo, Ninja Resurrection, Real Bout High School

Grave of the Fireflies. It came off as over hyped to me.
    Power Puff Girls Z. Seriously, the cartoon sucked, why make an anime of it?
    Pokemon. Do I even need to say it?
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Valencia, Venezuela, feeling rather sucky. Or ducky.

Nothing can beat Eiken for pure offensive idiocy. At least with Pokemon and PPGZ you know they are mostly targeted for a very young audience, but, Eiken...

Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Nothing can beat Eiken for pure offensive idiocy. At least with Pokemon and PPGZ you know they are mostly targeted for a very young audience, but, Eiken...
    You knew what you were getting yourself into when you saw the cover:p

4- Fuli Culi (FLCL)- So bad it litterally cleared a screening room at AnimeNorth
    3- Patlabor- Its "labour" just trying to sit through this thing without falling asleep (And the female star is the biggest butch in the history of the genre )
    2- The Wings of Hominase- Can you say DULL? I knew you could !
    1- The ultimate Teacher- Schoolgirl wearing Super panties rules the school, Spider-mutant teacher tries to stop her......and its even worse than it sounds!!!

lost in the cyber dungeon The Xenos's Avatar

I'd like to rebuttle some of those.

FLCL - Yet it has a huge following, especially after it hit American TV on Adult Swim. Yes, it's weird and hard to understand, but that doesn't make it stupid. It's just not for you. Though it took more than one watching for me to like the first ep. It took me more than one watching to understand it. Yet to write it off as stupid after just seeing an ep at a con, eh, your loss. I can totally see how something like this would not appeal to some, but it's far from stupid.

Wings of Hominase is a classic. Though I bet you'd say Apollo 13 or To Kill A Mockingbird or Kurosawa films were stupid because you got bored with them and they didn't have enough fight scenes or magic powers.

Same with Grave of the Fireflies. This was a brilliant movie. It was far from stupid. It was inteligent and dramatic. Some anime fans can't stomach a serious drama. Certainly this one is a prime example as it is a gut wrenching experience. You see a little girl dying of starvation after the American firebombing of Tokyo. If that's not your cup of tea, don't just call it stupid. It's an insult and honestly reflects badly on your inteligence.

Seirously, just because you find something boring and can't sit through a serious drama, that doesn't make the movie stupid.

Ok, Colorful was just damn stupid. Though, like with Eiken, you know you're getting into stupid territory. It's like someone renting American Pie and bitching about the dumb sex jokes. Actually, I have a better example, a friend who worked a thearter can attest this. It's like going to see Sarah Silverman's Jesus is Magic and storming out because you thought it was sacraligous and insulting.

Bobobobo-bobobobo is pretty damn stupid, but I think it goes out of its way to be so. I can't really stomach it.
    Xenos

Quote Originally Posted by The Xenos View Post

FLCL - Yet it has a huge following, especially after it hit American TV on Adult Swim. Yes, it's weird and hard to understand, but that doesn't make it stupid. It's just not for you. Though it took more than one watching for me to like the first ep. It took me more than one watching to understand it. Yet to write it off as stupid after just seeing an ep at a con, eh, your loss. I can totally see how something like this would not appeal to some, but it's far from stupid.

Wings of Hominase is a classic. Though I bet you'd say Apollo 13 or To Kill A Mockingbird or Kurosawa films were stupid because you got bored with them and they didn't have enough fight scenes or magic powers.

Same with Grave of the Fireflies. This was a brilliant movie. It was far from stupid. It was inteligent and dramatic. Some anime fans can't stomach a serious drama. Certainly this one is a prime example as it is a gut wrenching experience. You see a little girl dying of starvation after the American firebombing of Tokyo. If that's not your cup of tea, don't just call it stupid. It's an insult and honestly reflects badly on your inteligence.

Seirously, just because you find something boring and can't sit through a serious drama, that doesn't make the movie stupid.

Ok, Colorful was just damn stupid. Though, like with Eiken, you know you're getting into stupid territory. It's like someone renting American Pie and bitching about the dumb sex jokes. Actually, I have a better example, a friend who worked a thearter can attest this. It's like going to see Sarah Silverman's Jesus is Magic and storming out because you thought it was sacraligous and insulting.

Bobobobo-bobobobo is pretty damn stupid, but I think it goes out of its way to be so. I can't really stomach it.
    I never said Grave of the Fireflies was lame or anything, it's just that everyone I knew had been hyping it up as a major tear jerker, so when I saw it, I was so disappointed in the movie. That's all I'm saying.
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Valencia, Venezuela, feeling rather sucky. Or ducky.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I never said Grave of the Fireflies was lame or anything, it's just that everyone I knew had been hyping it up as a major tear jerker, so when I saw it, I was so disappointed in the movie. That's all I'm saying.
    Well, the thread starter asked for MOST STUPID anime ever, not the most overrated one.

And KameTen, Xenos, in my defense, I'll say I didn't buy Eiken, I just watched it at a friend's home.

Yu-Gi-Oh GX- Just... no. Just no.

I don't mind Bobo-bo-bobobo as much simply because it's MEANT to be stupid.

Dragonball GT - That was just stupid... really, really, stupid.
    ~Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long, year, stole many a man's soul and faith.

So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.

I made Miburo cry on his birthday.

Reached Demon-God Status

My Cat Is Afraid of the Vacuum Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Chrosis--you are a GOD!:D
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch Dude View Post
    Curses! CURRRRSEEEEESSSS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Well, the thread starter asked for MOST STUPID anime ever, not the most overrated one.

And KameTen, Xenos, in my defense, I'll say I didn't buy Eiken, I just watched it at a friend's home.
    And after watching the standardized love-triangle hero encounter the huge breasted Moe of his dreams by accidentally groping her in public, you had to have known that this wasn't going to be all that good.

Or maybe...you liked it a bit too much;) The typical characters, the absurd humor and setting, the huge breasts...you couldn't get enough. But you have to maintain appearances so the cool kids won't make fun of you, all the while a secret shrine to Eiken is spilling out of your room:p

I am the law talkin' guy Stranger With Candy's Avatar

The Batman

I don't really know if I'd call it the "stupidest" but I once had the DVD-movie version of X/1999. And -man- did that thing give me both a headache and a case of near-suicidal depression.

I don't think I'd ever seen another anime that was so obviously a hacked-up and pieced-together version of what was originally a much longer (and probably better, though no less depressing) story.

It -was- awfully purty, though.
    Last edited by Jmacq1; 12-28-2006 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post
    I don't really know if I'd call it the "stupidest" but I once had the DVD-movie version of X/1999. And -man- did that thing give me both a headache and a case of near-suicidal depression.

I don't think I'd ever seen another anime that was so obviously a hacked-up and pieced-together version of what was originally a much longer (and probably better, though no less depressing) story.

It -was- awfully purty, though.
    Subaru and Seiishirou(?) kill each other in the first ten minutes, supposedly.
    Dean: You know what, there's a ton of lore on unicorns too. In fact, I hear that they ride on silver moonbeams, and that they shoot rainbows out of their ass!

Quote Originally Posted by The Xenos View Post

Well, Wings of Hominase is really just bad,(And extremely dull ) rather than stupid. ( I loved Apollo 13, btw ) As for FLCL, I think that an anime that features a girl who hits a guy over the head with a guitar, causing monsters to grow out of his head ( which he then has to fight ) IS stupid....but, the nice thing about anime is, theres something for every taste! ( Somewhere, there may be a fan of The ultimate Teacher...though, Ive yet to find one ! :D :rolleyes: )

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger With Candy View Post
    The Batman
    Thats not an anime