There will obviously be potential spoilers, in case anyone's guesses turn out to be true.
And this is also the place to post what you know will happen in 2007 (ie- the stuff revealed in various interviews.)
According to Joe Quesada 2007 is going to be a helluva year for Spider-Man.
JQ: Oh yeah, and then there’s Spider-Man. We have some fantastic Spider-Man announcements coming soon and I promise you, the amount of chatter that will be spouted on message boards, blogs, emails, what have you, will be unlike anything ever seen before in the comic’s history. Guess what, folks, save time, start writing those cards and letters now! [laughs]
Also, write this down, folks. In August of next year, we’re going to be breaking the Internet in half so hard that Al Gore is going to wake up with an ache somewhere he’s most likely never ached before.
NRAMA: Because we speak to you nearly every week, we can look back at the year based not only on what you published, but what we talked about. We spent a lot of time talking about your view of Peter Parker’s marital status but as of today, December 22nd, 2006, nothing has changed. Was it all just discussion of theory, or we still waiting on the practice?
JQ: I think you know guys me well enough to know that I don’t just say anything for no reason [winks]. Now, sometimes that reason may be to foreshadow something or sometimes that reason may be to distract folks from what’s actually coming their way. So, let me just leave it at this, 2007 is Spider-Man’s year, these just no other way to put it.
It was already clear that some big stuff is going to happen to the character.
1. Spider-Man 3.
2. JMS's final Amazing Spider-Man storyline.
3. The "One More Day" crossover hyped as the event which will change Spider-Man forever.
4. A new writer on Amazing Spider-Man
5. The return of the black costume
6. Mark Bagley's final issues of Ultimate Spider-Man
7. Stuart Immoment's first issues of Ultimate Spider-Man
8. An omnibus collecting the entire Lee/ Ditko run.
9. A Visionaries TPB for Roger Stern (bout damn time!)
10. Jeph Loeb/ J Scott Campbell's still un-named project.
11. Peter David's take on Sandman, and the conclusion to his "Evil Uncle Ben" mystery.
12. Venom and the Green Goblin in the Thunderbolts.
So- what are your predictions/ hopes/ fears about the Spider-Man franchise for the next year? I'll post mine in a bit.