View Poll Results: Tom Welling or Brandon Routh? Who has a better Clark Kent?

Voters
93. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Tom Welling

35 37.63%
  • Brandon Routh

49 52.69%
  • Not sure

6 6.45%
  • Neither (they both sucked)

3 3.23%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I agree with everything Capt. Hunter said.

Welling does a great job of playing Clark as a real character. In the movies, the grown-up Clark Kent is merely a guise for Superman. As the classic TV show used to say, "Superman....disguised as Clark Kent, fights a neverending battle for Truth, Justice, and The American Way."

Quote Originally Posted by stealthwise View Post
    Smallville is bloody terrible. Most of that has to do with the writing being crap, but Welling doesn't help. He's the exact OPPOSITE of what I'd like to see from my Superman, as he's whiny, skinny, and looks too much like a "Tiger Beat" model than the man of steel.
    Clark in smallville is a teenager , still experiencing his powers , what did you expect ?!?

How you consider him skinny though , i don't know.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stealthwise View Post
    Smallville is bloody terrible. Most of that has to do with the writing being crap, but Welling doesn't help. He's the exact OPPOSITE of what I'd like to see from my Superman, as he's whiny, skinny, and looks too much like a "Tiger Beat" model than the man of steel.

I'm just happy that we didn't get Ashton Kutcher as Superman though.

You must be blind because Tom Welling is no where near skinny.

Welling is a model, not an actor. Pouting and close up shots on puppy dog eyes do not count as acting.

They're both a good size for Superboy, neither has the right build for Superman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sgt pepper View Post
    Welling is a model, not an actor. Pouting and close up shots on puppy dog eyes do not count as acting.

Lol, Welling may have been a model but he's doing a great job as Clark Kent.

Bring him Home!

SWEET LIZZY Mc GUIRE! why is there always these people who go around whining"he's too thin, he's amodel, he's really really toooo good loooking!" get over yourselves and be abit more relaxed. Tom isn't the greatest actor in the world but yet people flock to watch the show that is now 100 and more episodes old. I watched from the beginning and have found his progression cool. Tom has grown into the character and so he really has made "young Clark Kent" a solid character as appose early DC reditions of a kid who basically was one dimensional, thank god for SB! Conner! Superman Birthright's Clark has striking resemblence to Tom. It is also a fanatstic read and any new Supes fan should have it in their collection!
    Brandon makes a brilliant follow choice from Christopher. Thats what the movie was going for and I think it was well pulled off. Lois was a bit too weak and lacked the Kidder strength, a tomboy who would readily kick ur ass as appose to make sure they are standing in correct lighthing for their close up. Hopefully she pardon the phrase but "grows a pair" in the next film.

But would love to see Tom dawn the cape, I know, I know, it will never happen as we are told but it would be something!

Laura & Logan = Family chickrockguitar's Avatar

"Tom Welling" is my Vote!
    He's cool as young Clark Kent.

Can we really compare the two? I mean, Tom is acting as Clark as a TEEN, Routh is acting as Clark as an ADULT. There is a difference.

What about Dean Cain? I always liked his portrayal as Clark and Superman. Also out of all the "Lois's" there've been, I very much preferred Terri Hatcher's portrayal. All the others seem a bit... Blah.
    PULLS: Morning Glories . X-23 . Kick-Ass/Hit-Girl . Ultimate Spidy . Runaways . Usagi Yojimbo

The thing that bugged me about Dean Cain, and I admit this is a nitpick (and prolly isnt his fault), but they always seemed to get it "backwards"

What I mean is that on his show, Superman had the gelled, slick backed hair, while Clark had the messy "curly" hair.

And, to me, it's always been the other way around.
    Church: So it is a sword, It just happens to function like a key in very specific situations.
    Caboose: Or it's a key all the time, and when you stick it in people, it unlocks their death.
    DeviantART Page
    Fade is Out Productions
    RIOT and Fade-Out! (On-Going Web Comic now on issue 3! Updated:07/05/2009)

Laura & Logan = Family chickrockguitar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SKETCHSANCHEZ View Post
    The thing that bugged me about Dean Cain, and I admit this is a nitpick (and prolly isnt his fault), but they always seemed to get it "backwards"

What I mean is that on his show, Superman had the gelled, slick backed hair, while Clark had the messy "curly" hair.

And, to me, it's always been the other way around.
    Yeah, I think they intended it to be like that... To make it different.
    PULLS: Morning Glories . X-23 . Kick-Ass/Hit-Girl . Ultimate Spidy . Runaways . Usagi Yojimbo

BANNED

I've never seen any episodes of Lois & Clark so I can't say anything about Dean Cain's Clark & Superman.

All Roads Lead To Hell 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth

Brandon Routh for me. Tom is good, but for a young Clark Kent, which is exactly what he's doing now.
    ... The Master Of Puppets has spoken.

Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.

Popular Legacy Character Person Man's Avatar

Apples and oranges. I'd like to see Tom try to play the "nerdy" Kent before I even judge, because they're basically different characters.

BANNED

The only way we'll see Tom as a "nerdy" Clark Kent is if they make a movie about him being Superman after Smallville goes off the air.

I'm Right, You're Wrong King Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karasu View Post
    They're both a good size for Superboy, neither has the right build for Superman.
    None of the actors who've played Superman have "the right build." Only Mike O'Hearn in the Sandy Collora fan-films has "the right build," and it can be argued that he's too bulky to pass off as a geeky, soft-spoken guy who's supposed to blend into the background. All of the major Superman actors have been much leaner and sleeker than the comic book visuals. Based on this argument, you might as well say that none of the actors have been appropriate.

And since Welling won't play Superman by his own choice, the point is moot.