Page 827 of 3599 FirstFirst ... 32772777781782382482582682782882983083183787792713271827 ... LastLast
Results 12,391 to 12,405 of 53984
    I am the Noggle Lord! Wil Radcliffe's Avatar

It's nice to see nice people have nice things happen to them. Congratulations, Mike and Jack!

Pay attention, Mr. Olney. This is the perfect example of how Karma rewards the good as well as punishes the bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Sullivan View Post

Lions, Tigers, and Bears Wins Angouleme Prize
    For Kids Title
    February 02, 2007

Image Comics' Lions, Tigers, and Bears, by Mike Bullock and Jack Lawrence, won the Angouleme Discovery Prize for readers from 7-8 at the Angouleme International Comics Festival in January. The Angouleme show is one of the largest comic conventions in the world.

The Image trade paperback edition was released in the U.S. in September; the book was originally published by Alias.

U.S. retailers have noted Lions, Tigers, and Bears as a great way to reach out to younger retailers.

Congratulations, Mr.Bullock and Mr. Lawrence!
    Last edited by Wil Radcliffe; 02-02-2007 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamebird View Post
    Hi Guys n Gals,

I'm only up to page 340 somethin' on this train-wreck(so I don't know how things have turned out yet; I hate spoilers:rolleyes: )

But, in CASE this might help, I found this:http://www.bamkapow.com/tightlip-ent...me--253-p.html

A press release announcing "Blake Petits' Evertime". So I believe that is probably enough for you to tell him to go back to hell where he belongs, and it's YOUR book.

Anyway, glad to see you all come together to nail this peice of flotsam on the sea of humanity.

and at this rate I should be up to date in a day or two.

P.S.- by the way Ronee, they call you "Ron" in that article. so I guess you're in good company with "Gail" ;)
    Awesome! We need spoiler warnings now! :D

Thanks, Flamebird.
    I've got a new eBook for sale! And a new audiofiction podcast! Get all the information at EvertimeRealms.com

Hi Guys n Gals,

I'm only up to page 340 somethin' on this train-wreck(so I don't know how things have turned out yet; I hate spoilers:rolleyes: )

But, in CASE this might help, I found this:http://www.bamkapow.com/tightlip-ent...me--253-p.html

A press release announcing "Blake Petits' Evertime". So I believe that is probably enough for you to tell him to go back to hell where he belongs, and it's YOUR book.

Anyway, glad to see you all come together to nail this peice of flotsam on the sea of humanity.

P.S.- by the way Ronee, they call you "Ron" in that article. so I guess you're in good company with "Gail" ;)
    Welcome, Flamebird, and nice catch!

Gail

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D. Storrie View Post
    You're not supportin' Unification, are ya? ;)

PDS
    Now hold on, I ain't no gorram Alliance stooge. I just think, if nothing else, this thread shows the way good folk tend to each other out on the rim.
    I've got a new eBook for sale! And a new audiofiction podcast! Get all the information at EvertimeRealms.com

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Petit View Post
    Now hold on, I ain't no gorram Alliance stooge. I just think, if nothing else, this thread shows the way good folk tend to each other out on the rim.
    Shiney!

PDS

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Smooth View Post

I've noticed that, even with terrible hips, it's possible to do jogging in place and some leg presses if one is ensconced in a comfortable couch (I think you said that you had a bad hip?). I didn't think it would do much for me, but I've lost about, I think, six to eight inches off my thighs from a few months of that alone. So if you've been having problems getting leg exercise in because of hip issues, that might be a solution, even if it looks rather silly. XD
    There's no such thing as a comfortable position for me right now. But at some point, I hope to start physical therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by wishlish View Post
    There's no such thing as a comfortable position for me right now. But at some point, I hope to start physical therapy.
    I was born with a club foot. Had many operations on it when I was a baby, one when I was like 6-7. It started going downhill about 6 years ago, so the series of events goes like this: about 5 years ago, they lengthened my heel chord. It helped for a bit, but the pain crept back. So 2 years back they fused bones in the ankle with big metal pins. Last year, pain really hadn't improved, and they discovered some bone spurs, so I had an operation for that. But it didn't really make it better, so they tried me on some physical therapy, which, unfortunately, really only made it worse still. So, Tuesday, I learned that I'm going to have another operation. They want to remove the pins they previously said would always be in there, and do a basic roto-rooting of the remaining joints.

I'm still hoping to make it to GEM in Dallas, Ohio and SPACE in columbus, this April.

ANYWAY! I started a thread about that cross-group CALENDAR project I'd mentioned previously, if anyone here is interested...

http://www.dimestoreproductions.com/.../topic,2369.0/
    Ian Shires
    Be Informed! Join the Self Publisher Association!
    www.dimestoreproductions.com

Crawling Back From Hell.. Ronée's Avatar

Hi Guys n Gals,

Thats one of my press releases actually. and they call me Ron because a lot of times when people cut and paste my name the comp won't read it and instead of deciphering the problem they just took out the two E's. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Petit View Post
    this thread shows the way good folk tend to each other out on the rim.
    Except for those many planets the crew land on where they shoot at each other, burn each other at the stake and allow the existence of Girls Aloud.
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

Quote Originally Posted by AIPman1 View Post
    I was born with a club foot. Had many operations on it when I was a baby, one when I was like 6-7. It started going downhill about 6 years ago, so the series of events goes like this: about 5 years ago, they lengthened my heel chord. It helped for a bit, but the pain crept back. So 2 years back they fused bones in the ankle with big metal pins. Last year, pain really hadn't improved, and they discovered some bone spurs, so I had an operation for that. But it didn't really make it better, so they tried me on some physical therapy, which, unfortunately, really only made it worse still. So, Tuesday, I learned that I'm going to have another operation. They want to remove the pins they previously said would always be in there, and do a basic roto-rooting of the remaining joints.

I'm still hoping to make it to GEM in Dallas, Ohio and SPACE in columbus, this April.

ANYWAY! I started a thread about that cross-group CALENDAR project I'd mentioned previously, if anyone here is interested...

http://www.dimestoreproductions.com/.../topic,2369.0/
    That sucks. Good luck with the surgery. I already bowed out of NYCC and gave my ticket to my partner in crime, Glenn Walker of ComicWidows.com. I'm hoping to get to WizardWorld Philly if it's a good show.

That sucks. Good luck with the surgery. I already bowed out of NYCC and gave my ticket to my partner in crime, Glenn Walker of ComicWidows.com. I'm hoping to get to WizardWorld Philly if it's a good show.
    ComicWidows? Cool!
    Order Toy Boy: What Happens In Vegas now!
    http://www.toyboyonline.com

"A nice melding of classic Marvel energy with a contemporary feel. Well-done!" -Mark Waid

Have you ever had the joy of riding one of those carts around Walmart or the grocery store?

They really didn't offer much hope on the surgery. Basically, they said this is the only thing they can think of to do, and they don't normally remove pins like this...but since it's like a CORE pain, not a surface thing, and the MRI didn't show anything, this is all they can do. After this, if it stays weak and painful to walk on, it'll be me with a cane to get from point a to b as needed...
    Ian Shires
    Be Informed! Join the Self Publisher Association!
    www.dimestoreproductions.com

Default Arrrgh!!!!

What happened to page 415?

I can't get the frigin' thing to load on any of my pcs. Is it blocked or somethin? Cause it looks like that's where the stinky one "skunked" back in.

And yeah Gail, nice to see ya. I'm a sweety over on the "bloc", but this pitiful excuse for a human brings out the nasty in me.:evilsmile
    "In times of CRISIS, it's of utmost importance to always keep ones' head."- M. Antionette

Dill Crockery Knoodle Jones-That Stillwell guy

Quote Originally Posted by AIPman1 View Post
    Have you ever had the joy of riding one of those carts around Walmart or the grocery store?

They really didn't offer much hope on the surgery. Basically, they said this is the only thing they can think of to do, and they don't normally remove pins like this...but since it's like a CORE pain, not a surface thing, and the MRI didn't show anything, this is all they can do. After this, if it stays weak and painful to walk on, it'll be me with a cane to get from point a to b as needed...
    Cane's aren't all bad. Yoda had a cane after all, and look how awesome he was! and...

You know, it's sad. Other than the highlander bloke (leader of the watchers in the the series) I can't think of a single pop culture reference other than yoda for the man with a cane. I know it's a part of our 'Distinguished old gentleman' archetype.. my memory must be failing.

What are the post numbers? People can change the amount of posts per page so the page numbers can be different.