Page 512 of 3599 FirstFirst ... 1241246250250850951051151251351451551652256261210121512 ... LastLast
Results 7,666 to 7,680 of 53984

Well, JT, at least that jigsaw puzzle logo thingie is kinda cool. Yours, I assume?
    I've got a new eBook for sale! And a new audiofiction podcast! Get all the information at EvertimeRealms.com

Comics as they should be! JTPencils's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Petit View Post
    Well, JT, at least that jigsaw puzzle logo thingie is kinda cool. Yours, I assume?
    Actually, the puzzle logo is from the inker... who wishes to remain nameless in regards to the defendant. Just figure's he wasted enough time (and energy) on him, but didn't mind that I showed this image at all. I just stick strictly to pencils.... that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by JTPencils View Post
    TC, I just drew her, I didn't come up with the idea... but uh... yes Virginia, there is a Frankenborg.
    Oh, not putting any of that on you. You did a good job on the art but Olney's concept...Frankenborg?

To be fair, I came up with a really similiar concept when I was 10.

Just wanted to say something, real quick.

I know there's a thread where people like myself can learn what books/comic to snag to help those screwed over by Olney. I'm going to grab a bunch of them. But I also want those creators who have not been screwed by Olney, but have posted in this thread speaking out against him, to please find the time to PM me the name of and where I can buy at least one of your works. Mac, Typo, Larry, Tom, that means you guys(and others).

I have seen more standup behavior here in the last month than I've seen over the entire internet in the past several years. And, quite frankly, I want to do anything I can to support people such as yourselves.

I can't promise much, as I've gotta start saving up for my wedding and get through nursing school, but I've got more than many people do, and I figure that exposing myself to the works of people like yourselves can only be to my benefit.

I'll also do whatever I can to spread the word of your works to others.

I'm sorry that the only way I can think of to help with this debacle is to do what I do anyway: be a consumer. But please, take the time and let me know so that I can partake of your product, whatever it may be.

-Jared.
    I'm autistic. What's your excuse?

AKA Muffin, Rear Admiral Nerdcock...

Y'know that thing I said that got you offended? I was just joking.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by TCJohnson View Post
    FRANKENBORG?!

He really, honest to goshness, had a character named FRANKENBORG?

Really?

No!

Yes?

Holy crap, that sucks!

Frankenborg?
    Actually, that's a great name for a character.

Sounds like a great comedy mini or ongoing (ala The Goon).

Quote Originally Posted by Jared_Humpherys View Post

I know there's a thread where people like myself can learn what books/comic to snag to help those screwed over by Olney. I'm going to grab a bunch of them. But I also want those creators who have not been screwed by Olney, but have posted in this thread speaking out against him, to please find the time to PM me the name of and where I can buy at least one of your works. Mac, Typo, Larry, Tom, that means you guys(and others).
    Except why PM? I would like to know this as well.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by JTPencils View Post
    TC, I just drew her, I didn't come up with the idea... but uh... yes Virginia, there is a Frankenborg.

Use it in one of your projects, man!

Consider it a part of Rick's "compensation" for your time.

Btw, your art rocks! :D

Quote Originally Posted by TCJohnson View Post
    Except why PM? I would like to know this as well.
    That way I wouldn't lose it to the miasma that is this thread. I'm at home sick with a fever today, and it's the only reason I've been able to keep up.

But by all means, share the love here as well. The more people know, the better. And I can dig if I have to. It'll be worth it, methinks.

Heavy Metal War Machine PatrickG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto_X View Post
    Actually, that's a great name for a character.

Sounds like a great comedy mini or ongoing (ala The Goon).
    Sounds Swedish.

I invite everyone here to come to the Dimestore site to read my Kick Start article on Being Accountable in the publishing world.

http://www.dimestoreproductions.com/

Let me know what you think.
    Ian Shires
    Be Informed! Join the Self Publisher Association!
    www.dimestoreproductions.com

Out of curiousity...

anyone well-versed in wikipedia? I'm thinking a Rick Olney wiki would more easily give the proper info to the masses.

I can try and help, but to be honest, the only wiki I've ever had anything to do with was this one(sad, I know), and that was for use in an RPG on the Rumbles board...

Heavy Metal War Machine PatrickG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Waid View Post
    You're too kind, putting me on any list of valor that includes Gail. She's led this charge against injustice; at best, I simply helped fund some armor for the troops. She's a gem, and if the end of the 21st century comes and goes without someone, somewhere, having erected a bronze memorial statue of Gail Simone, then something's askew. I left her a long, gooey voicemail message on the day of the tenth anniversary of our friendship to tell her much the same, and EVEN THOUGH SHE NEVER REPLIED, I choose to believe it was because she was too busy reading to the blind or somethin'.

We love Gail!
    Ten years? You were friends before YABS? ... Wow.

I have seen more standup behavior here in the last month than I've seen over the entire internet in the past several years. And, quite frankly, I want to do anything I can to support people such as yourselves.

I can't promise much, as I've gotta start saving up for my wedding and get through nursing school, but I've got more than many people do, and I figure that exposing myself to the works of people like yourselves can only be to my benefit.

I'll also do whatever I can to spread the word of your works to others.

I'm sorry that the only way I can think of to help with this debacle is to do what I do anyway: be a consumer. But please, take the time and let me know so that I can partake of your product, whatever it may be.

-Jared.
    That's cool of you Jared. And certainly the kind of reader I want tracking my work ... when I finally get stuff in print, that is!

Born under a wandrin Star Tobias March's Avatar

Out of curiousity...

anyone well-versed in wikipedia? I'm thinking a Rick Olney wiki would more easily give the proper info to the masses.

I can try and help, but to be honest, the only wiki I've ever had anything to do with was this one(sad, I know), and that was for use in an RPG on the Rumbles board...
    Yeah y'know I was looking for some online entertainment at work and was disappointed there was no Olney wiki. Someone with the facts get cracking :D

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Beach View Post
    That's cool of you Jared. And certainly the kind of reader I want tracking my work ... when I finally get stuff in print, that is!
    Well, be sure to PM me as soon as it reaches the presses, Sarah. I am very willing to put my money where my mouth is, on this.

And thanks.