Page 15 of 3599 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925651155151015 ... LastLast

Wow.

I'm amazed at how much he kept secret from me during our conversations.

I apologize for everyone he's 'molested' online. I can't help but feel partially responsible. I honestly thought I had convinced him to use better restraint when it came to bantering with other professionals.

Y'know, I've got one of my idols, Fred Hembeck, on my MySpace and I still have yet to work up the nerve to approach him and let him know how much he inspired me when I was deciding on a cartooning bent for my style. I once sat by Joe Staton, another major influence of mine, for 6 hours at a show before I finally turned to him and shook his hand. And when I met you in 2003, Gail, it was easily 4 hours of perusing your table before I could approach you. I hold too much respect for professionals to take as much liberties as he does on a daily basis.

I'm so glad I never got any of his damned NDAs.

Doc 'Loose Lips' Absurd
    'And if *that* doesn't leave me without a stain on my conscience, then I don't know *what* it doesn't leave me without a stain on.' -- Bertie Wooster

Gail: BoPs again!

Quote Originally Posted by MacQuarrie View Post
    It's a two-way street. If the other guy violates the terms of the contract, it could be null and void.
    Yes that should be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom2000 View Post
    Legal agreements are only as binding as your lawyer wants them to be. Anything can be contested, no matter how "iron-clad" its percieved to be. The main question is the cost of the fight worth the reward to disrupt a legal agreement and does the person have the will to see it through. If have the money and the will, then can do what you want in legal arenas (see SCO for examples).
    Yes depending on the situation it may be very difficult to fight someone legally.

However one would wonder how good/effective Olney's legal capability would be.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Yeah its what I said earlier. But it takes $$$ to do it. I wish the Comic Defense League had something ready in cases like this.
    Good point.

One or more of the Olney victims would need to approach the CDLF about the situation. Then the CDLF could determine what they would be able to do.

Artist and Piece O' Crap. Cully Hamner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocAbsurd View Post
    I apologize for everyone he's 'molested' online. I can't help but feel partially responsible. I honestly thought I had convinced him to use better restraint when it came to bantering with other professionals.
    Hey, you've got no need to apologize for him. That last encounter with him was, to me, just an interesting Saturday. No real harm done, certainly not by you.

I have to admit that I'm amused by your comment about his behavior toward "other professionals." I don't think anyone here has accused the guy of actually being a professional, have they? :)

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cully Hamner View Post
    Hey, you've got no need to apologize for him. That last encounter with him was, to me, just an interesting Saturday. No real harm done, certainly not by you.

I have to admit that I'm amused by your comment about his behavior toward "other professionals." I don't think anyone here has accused the guy of actually being a professional, have they? :)
    According to this thread he usually preaches on how much of a professional he is. Which leaves me shakin my head in disbelief.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Olney needs some serious psychological help.

Some might say that his issues are an excuse for his behavior.

Poppycock.

If you know you have issues and ignore them, responsibility falls squarely on your own shoulders. Especially if you alienate those who would help you.
    Order Toy Boy: What Happens In Vegas now!
    http://www.toyboyonline.com

"A nice melding of classic Marvel energy with a contemporary feel. Well-done!" -Mark Waid

Video Games give me PTS! Crowley's Avatar

I'm an absolute nobody and Olney has tried 3 times to friend me via Myspace.

Once as Tightlip Entertainment, once as OrcaFresh and once as Rick from TLE...

Blocked all three fuckers...

Big Hairy Member JeffreyWKramer's Avatar

Whoa, Cully Hamner!

Another of my personal-fave comics pros is here. Cool beyond words.

Yet another cool thing about CBR.
    My Cooking Blog!

KRAMER'S LAWS:
    1) Most people are stupid.
    2) Most people who aren't stupid often behave as if they were stupid.
    3) Many people who are not stupid nonetheless believe a lot of astonishingly stupid things.

“really? isnt the bible millions of years old?” – curefreak
    “Yep. It was originally written by a stegosaurus and a fern.” – Dan Apodaca

Quote Originally Posted by Cully Hamner View Post
    My favorite part:

Yeah, 'cause, you know, we actually use the Army and Marines to police our own borders, rather than the U.S. Border Patrol and the Coast Guard. Just stupid are the rest of us again, Rick?

Isn't this guy supposed to be a Marine?
    Hey, Cully! I'm LOVING your recent stuff, by the way.

Yeah, if all the stuff people are sending me about their dealings with him are true, it's a long pattern, not just a recent lapse.

Sad.

Gail, totally unpatriotic

I also loved Cully's work on Blue Beetle,and will miss him. I also liked what he did on Down as well. And i will try out whatever work he does next.

I honestly never heard of Rick Olney or if i did it was totally unmemorable. But i am also not into the comic book "scene",i BUY comics. I LIKE comics,i READ up about them from time to time,and i participate usually only in comic book talk on THIS forumn,YABS ONLY(I did make a couple posts on Newsarama recently thou...). The worse part is that i can see,from a total outsider point of view,is that no one has YET to start litigation procedures against Rick(Most likely they HAVE,and we do not yet know public records of this,due to lawyers usually telling clients not to discuss impending litigation to people before the trail/meetings/etc.)

If Mr. Olney owes people money,they should collect on it. THAT simple. If Mr. Olney thinks dramatic statements will change that,he is due a reckoning.

oh Gail... all you have to do to be Patriotic is start posting patriotic images in between posts...
    see:

People should have guns... and I love animals... therfore my dog needs a handgun:

GOD BLESS MERIKA!

LOLZ!
    PEOPLE SUCK!

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomStillwell View Post
    Olney needs some serious psychological help.

Some might say that his issues are an excuse for his behavior.

Poppycock.

If you know you have issues and ignore them, responsibility falls squarely on your own shoulders. Especially if you alienate those who would help you.
    Insanity is defined, IIRC, as doing the same thing and expecting different results.

Rick seems to be just that.

He definitely needs a therapist, though.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorCrowley View Post
    oh Gail... all you have to do to be Patriotic is start posting patriotic images in between posts...
    see:

I love the " People Suck " situation. Has that girl said more than that ?
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I love the " People Suck " situation. Has that girl said more than that ?
    dunno... let's ask her:

PEOPLE SUCK!
    Apparently not...