Well, I guess that if he's sold out on advanced tickets then there shouldn't be any reason to cancel the convention come June.

I mean, he says that there's a place ready to hold it.

He says that he has guests to attend and vendors set to come.

He says that t-shirts will be provided.

He says that plenty of tickets have sold.

So if Rick wants everyone to take his claims as the truth there should be absolutely no reason the convention fails to take place.

Unless Rick has a really untimely illness or someone in his family dies again.

Because otherwise Rick never claims anything that isn't true.:rolleyes:

By the way Rick...figure out who my mole is yet? They told me the real reason you aren't having glasses. Yeah, I know that too.
    Order Toy Boy: What Happens In Vegas now!
    http://www.toyboyonline.com

"A nice melding of classic Marvel energy with a contemporary feel. Well-done!" -Mark Waid

Not your average fangirl Darediva's Avatar

Is this him, Tom?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darediva View Post
    Is this him, Tom?

AHAHAHHAHAAHA!

Is this him, Tom?

No, that's Dennis. He could never be the mole.

Or could he?
    Order Toy Boy: What Happens In Vegas now!
    http://www.toyboyonline.com

"A nice melding of classic Marvel energy with a contemporary feel. Well-done!" -Mark Waid

Not here.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Donovan View Post
    Um...... Sooo, the evil Chinese are the reasons we won't be getting our Comic book rejects - So screwed glasses. DAMN YOU CHO MING! YOU COMMUNIST BASTARD!

I was counting on that!

Also, can someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell him that YABS is (c) and (tm) Gail Simone and Jonah Weilend (sorry for butchering your last name Jonah.)

And thus he can't be offering anything with YABS (which is obviously the acronym for You'll All Be Sorry, Gail's column on CBR) and being that YABS is a distinct name which stands for a popular piece on a popular web site, it cannot be construed as anything else.

You lose again.

Plus, "glow in the dark" Devil Bug t-shirts? what are you ripping off Blue beetle or Glow Worms?

:p
    Olney REALLY does not want to do the dance with Jonah's lawyer. I've met the guy, and he doesn't strike me as the type to smile benignly and say "oh, that's okay."

Ever hear the expression "swimming with sharks"?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_Jackson View Post
    Well, the first blog post reads as:

Looks like he's laid off the 'Gail Simone' schtick. For this post at least.
    "Early bit of a rumor?"

These Pittsburg guys asked if I was interested. I said sure, get back to me with the info. They jumped the gun badly and printed a flyer with my name as an attendee, without my knowledge. I found out the con was the same weekend as a Boston Library meeting where I was invited to speak.

Since then, those guys have made every effort to let people know it was their mistake, including publishing it on the front page of their website.

Jesus CHRIST, Olney is an idiot.

I'm NOT ATTENDING, MORON. Check the WEBSITE.

On another bit of weird news, I got my SECOND invitation to join in the thriving community of Rick, Dennis, and whatever homeless people and dead movie stars they have friended for the Mighty Monkey Crappy Newsletter or whatever it's called.

Thank you, no.

Gail

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Doc Martin View Post
    That would be Dennis Kinsinger, suck up and toady without peer. As Rick is not allowed or wanted there.

Rick...when you get your phone working again,. give Jen Joy a call. She is STILL awaiting your call...as is Ms. Simon at Make A Wish.

And I won't say who, but someone called you a scumbag. But that was solely based on your actions.
    I gave Dennis every chance to act like a man and defended him way longer than I should.

Sad. Rick's a genuine deadbeat scumbag, but Dennis is just this guy with a serious need for some spine.

Gail

Shameless Self Promoter Danny Donovan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Simone View Post
    "Early bit of a rumor?"

These Pittsburg guys asked if I was interested. I said sure, get back to me with the info. They jumped the gun badly and printed a flyer with my name as an attendee, without my knowledge. I found out the con was the same weekend as a Boston Library meeting where I was invited to speak.

Since then, those guys have made every effort to let people know it was their mistake, including publishing it on the front page of their website.

Jesus CHRIST, Olney is an idiot.

I'm NOT ATTENDING, MORON. Check the WEBSITE.

On another bit of weird news, I got my SECOND invitation to join in the thriving community of Rick, Dennis, and whatever homeless people and dead movie stars they have friended for the Mighty Monkey Crappy Newsletter or whatever it's called.

Thank you, no.

Gail
    *sniffles* you mean Bogey DOESN'T support the MVCN?
    Writer at large - Shameless Self Promoter
    http://redroom.com/author/danny-donovan

Anyone else notice that the age on this page is now 27? :rolleyes:

Yes, I am back after taking care of my mother's final business, and want to post this other thought, as I am a graduate of Virginia Tech:

Holy god, Alice! What an awful week for you!

I'm so sorry!

Gail

"Please note: It is common knowledge within certain circles of fandom that "Gail Simone" and myself do not stomach each other, to put it mildly. That said, and in addition to the many years of personal and professional support that I and the Pittsburgh Comicon folks have shown each other -- I felt compelled to simply add that -- Anyone hitting Pittsburgh Comicon this year to see and meet "Gail" will be disappointed. But I'm betting dollars to donuts that GAIL SIMONE will be guesting in 2008, and yes, the MVCN will be there then too!

Sincerely,

Rick Olney"

Great! Then I pledge to make sure to talk about UNSCREWED in detail at every possible podium event, and have a large color poster explaining why it's necessary. I'm sure it'll be fine if I refer all the attendees to you, Rick Olney and Dennis Kinninger, for additional explanations?

I think I'll print out a bunch of emails I have, including the ones where Dennis discusses Rick's pattern of non-payment, just for fun. I'll put them in a nice binder!

Yep, I'm DOING this. It'll be HILARIOUS. Maybe some other pros here will do the same?

:)

Gail

Not here.

I'm pretty sure we can whip up some flyers for you. And the poster is easy too.

I was going to suggest a poster of Rick's face with "Just follow your nose" written on it, but Kelloggs would probably sue.

Quote Originally Posted by MacQuarrie View Post
    It's called "lifeline access." In many places, phone companies are required to provide minimum phone service despite the inability to day, for safety reasons. Disabled people, like, say, somebody who's had a heart attack, would qualify for it, especially if they're low-income, like, say, having a few kids and only one parent working.
    Unfortunately, the phone company usually conveniently 'forgets' that you're on it, bills you repeatedly at the normal rate, and then says it's not their fault that they screwed up and you have to pay anyway and oh, since you're on the normal plan, you can be cut off now.

Which is why we now have a cell and are frugal with it.

Shameless Self Promoter Danny Donovan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Simone View Post
    "Please note: It is common knowledge within certain circles of fandom that "Gail Simone" and myself do not stomach each other, to put it mildly. That said, and in addition to the many years of personal and professional support that I and the Pittsburgh Comicon folks have shown each other -- I felt compelled to simply add that -- Anyone hitting Pittsburgh Comicon this year to see and meet "Gail" will be disappointed. But I'm betting dollars to donuts that GAIL SIMONE will be guesting in 2008, and yes, the MVCN will be there then too!

Sincerely,

Rick Olney"

Great! Then I pledge to make sure to talk about UNSCREWED in detail at every possible podium event, and have a large color poster explaining why it's necessary. I'm sure it'll be fine if I refer all the attendees to you, Rick Olney and Dennis Kinninger, for additional explanations?

I think I'll print out a bunch of emails I have, including the ones where Dennis discusses Rick's pattern of non-payment, just for fun. I'll put them in a nice binder!

Yep, I'm DOING this. It'll be HILARIOUS. Maybe some other pros here will do the same?

:)

Gail
    There're are a few neat graphic design places I'm friendly with in the area. One that gives me really great deals on any random project I feel like throwing together and do a lot of work with these big 24x60 matted poster boards for the local businesses.

I was thinking of the next time I do a convention having them put the "freelance doesn't mean free" ad on one of them and set it up behind me.

Anyone interested in having them for themselves feel free to drop me a line and I'll see what kind of deal I can get on them.
    Writer at large - Shameless Self Promoter
    http://redroom.com/author/danny-donovan

What a lame attempt at making it look like he's so tight with the pittsburgh people that Gail got scared off.