Page 206 of 3599 FirstFirst ... 1061561962022032042052062072082092102162563067061206 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 53984

1) Thank you, each and every single one of you. Even you, Tricky. I know at long last who my friends are.

2) I spent a wonderful 3 hours in a small press chat last night. I got no less than 3 paying -- mind you, paying -- assignments in that time. I also discovered just how much my presence and my contributions were missed, and exactly how reviled you are in creative circles. Half the reason no-one communicated openly with me in the past 2 years was because of my association with you, Tricky. The other half was because they didn't know when would be the proper time to approach me after all we'd been thru.

3) I found that image to be both offensive and threatening. I will now be guarding my precious children with even more vigor than ever before.

4) Does anyone mind if I have my own little meltdown here? It ain't gonna be pretty.

Doc 'Temperature's Rising' Absurd
    'And if *that* doesn't leave me without a stain on my conscience, then I don't know *what* it doesn't leave me without a stain on.' -- Bertie Wooster

Artist and Piece O' Crap. Cully Hamner's Avatar

Double-post, sorry...
    Last edited by Cully Hamner; 01-08-2007 at 01:47 PM.

Artist and Piece O' Crap. Cully Hamner's Avatar

You know, I haven't checked this thread all weekend, as I had stuff to do... But good lord, I can't believe this thing has gone 200+ pages! For someone who won't respond to any of this anymore, Reek sure is... well, responding a lot.

Anyway, I haven't been able to read the entire part of this thread that I missed because the board is behaving very slowly for some reason, and I just haven't the time to wait around for it. Wish I could, 'cause I find Reek to be very entertaining, in a creepy-stalker/lying-sociopath kind of way. And I really wish he felt he could sue me for something, 'cause I hate to be excluded.

If you guys are still planning to do a book to benefit the folks who need to sue this bitch, I'll do the cover for free. Just contact me at cully@gaijinstudios.com and say the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Waid View Post
    Not that Gail wants or needs outside verification, but for any latecomers here, let me make this clear:

Gail is telling the truth about her dealings with Olney. I know this to be an irrefutable fact. That she thought in 2003 that it would be a waste of energy to sue Olney for monies unpaid at that time is probably the luckiest break Olney could ever have gotten.

On another note, anyone besides me who honestly, genuinely read the "iKill" picture as a threat, please pipe up.

Hey, Ronee, be sure to let us know when his e-mails show up. And who his lawyer is, and if it's the same girl who used to help out Encyclopedia Brown.
    I need to add to this also.

I have hosted both Gail and Ronee to an event in Dallas. For Gail I picked up airfare and hotel for her and her husband. Ronee paid for her airfare to Dallas in her capacity at Friends of Lulu and I picked up her hotel.

These two are amazing guests and I'm proud to call them friends. They honor their words.

I'm angered that anyone would would malign or cheat them privately or publically. I applaud Gail for bringing this to everyones attention and Ronee for demanding what's deserved to her.

Evil Canadian stripper rummblestrips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by orcafresh View Post
    Yes, as I recall -- You were offended when I stood up for an Indy comics publisher that Wizard had mistreated at their Chicago (was it?) convention. I was taken to task as a co-admin on your site by a moderator that happened to be a good friend of your wife.

Far as me being legitimate... I am. And all the tea in China isn't going to cause a bunch of lying Internet Comics bullies to half twist truths, make up revisionist history, stick their nose into my company's legal matters, or get them anything but their own legal headaches ... should they continue to act as such.

Did you want me to open up that whole sham printing matter you were involved in a bunch of months back? I can. Legally. Just say that word.
    Dear God, this man gets everything wrong.

I am who he is referring to as "good friend of your wife". I met Ian first and then met his wife through the boards, and at MMC, I met them both in person and enjoyed both of their company very much, (especially when we were paying for our own meals at that icky Pizza joint where there weren't enough tables for us all to sit at)
    First of all, his comments were NOT defending Indy publishers. He made a blanket statement that ANY small press creator that goes to Wizard World are complete idiots, blah blah blah, then went on and on and on. I removed the entire statement because it insulted everyone on the SPA boards and the LAST thing that small pressers and Indy publishers needed at the time was another reason for Wizard to cut us out of their shows. If I remember correctly, Wizard had just cut down the size of their small press area a month or maybe even weeks before this went down.
    Then as I decided to post my response to his thread in a private mod only section of the site, I knew if I emailed him, my email would somehow end up everywhere as he did that all the time, (then complained if you did it to him, sheesh!) I told him his actions were rude and to think before posting from now on.
    And guess what he did...
    yep.. he EXPLODED into this tirade of.. hell, I still don't know what his point was. Then, he started emailing OTHER people and telling them evil and scary things about me. He even went to far to drag my husband into it even though my husband had nothing to do with anything.

Rick is scum.. Don't believe a word he says.
    Joanne Ellen Hansen
    Website - rummblestrips.com
    Update coming... eventually!

Other stuff I've done recently - Lord of the Rings Masterpiece sketch cards, series 1 and 2, Star Wars- Clone Wars sketch cards, Indiana Jones Masterpiece series sketch cards. Women Drawn Wild, cover and interior story.. yah for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Beach View Post
    But really. I don't think Gail's, or Mark's, or Kurt's sales numbers are at all likely to drop because of all this (more likely? they'll go up). I mean, unless RO is going to have folks in all the comic shops in America standing at the doors saying "Oh, don't buy any books from that person! They were mean to Rick Olney online!"
    "You mean that lying deadbeat? Great, I'll get two copies of whatever they're writing!"

On another note, anyone besides me who honestly, genuinely read the "iKill" picture as a threat, please pipe up.
    I certainly see it as such. So does the attorney looking over my shoulder.

You know, a while back I said something about J-Bolt that really is more apt for Olney. To J-Bolt I apologize for using this remark prematurely. You may be a delusional whackjob but you have nothing on Rick Olney.

Rick Olney is like the Dial H of scumbags...he becomes an entirely new asshole with every spin.
    Order Toy Boy: What Happens In Vegas now!
    http://www.toyboyonline.com

"A nice melding of classic Marvel energy with a contemporary feel. Well-done!" -Mark Waid

Not here.

Hell yes it was a threat.

I think it was over the line, even for the anythign goes YABS board. If I were still a mod I'd be arguing for Dick's banning right about now. Enough is enough.

Hey Oz, if such a discussion is underway, I urge you to drop the hammer on him already.

Evil Canadian stripper rummblestrips's Avatar

I was also shocked by that image. I just can't believe he would.. wait, I can believe it. After the way he treated me in the past with his words about "Seeing me at the next con" This image makes me rethink my trek down to NY in February.
    Joanne Ellen Hansen
    Website - rummblestrips.com
    Update coming... eventually!

Other stuff I've done recently - Lord of the Rings Masterpiece sketch cards, series 1 and 2, Star Wars- Clone Wars sketch cards, Indiana Jones Masterpiece series sketch cards. Women Drawn Wild, cover and interior story.. yah for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Waid View Post
    And who his lawyer is, and if it's the same girl who used to help out Encyclopedia Brown.
    I use to love the Encyclopedia Brown books growing up. I thought I was one of the few that knew about it since never hear anyone talk about it. Does that series still exist?

Give Onley credit though, he is a skilled troll. He doesn't answer anything directly, he does a great job of dodging and diverting, usually via insults. If you read his comments as a whole, despite the number of them, he has not really provided any useful information of any kind. About the only thing he has proven, however indirectly, is his lawyer is a myth and the threats are meaningless. But then for his goals of avoiding payment, there does have to be teeth to anything he writes. For the shortterm, that is probably a good thing, but if he is trying to establish a long lasting business, he basically just keeps shooting himself in the foot over and over and over and over. Its now reached the point of simply being pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by MacQuarrie View Post

I think it was over the line, even for the anythign goes YABS board. If I were still a mod I'd be arguing for Dick's banning right about now. Enough is enough.

Hey Oz, if such a discussion is underway, I urge you to drop the hammer on him already.

Quote Originally Posted by rummblestrips View Post
    I was also shocked by that image. I just can't believe he would.. wait, I can believe it. After the way he treated me in the past with his words about "Seeing me at the next con" This image makes me rethink my trek down to NY in February.
    Good. Stay in Canada, you douche bag.

Quote Originally Posted by TomStillwell View Post
    I certainly see it as such. So does the attorney looking over my shoulder.

You know, a while back I said something about J-Bolt that really is more apt for Olney. To J-Bolt I apologize for using this remark prematurely. You may be a delusional whackjob but you have nothing on Rick Olney.

Rick Olney is like the Dial H of scumbags...he becomes an entirely new asshole with every spin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
    "You mean that lying deadbeat? Great, I'll get two copies of whatever they're writing!"
    Okay, can anyone guess...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MacQuarrie View Post

It would do no good. Look at his past efforts creating bogus user names to pump up his image on other boards he has been banned from. He would still come here and still post...as "Random", as "WhaleFresh", as "I am Not Rick, I swear", or whatever other "creative" names he could come up with.

I will say this about his threat, though.

You are still a loser windbag, so full of shit the odor exudes from your pores.

There is NOTHING you have said here that you would have the grapes to say to anyone in person. Go find a well and fall down it. You disgust me.