Page 72 of 3599 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273747576821221725721072 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 53984
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

If ya pull up Google.com and search under Rick Olney's name this thread is on the 1st search page. I just wanted to share this with everyone.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Video Games give me PTS! Crowley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by orcafresh View Post
    No, not really Crowley... you just need to read it.
    So this post regarding your now destroyed reputation:
    Here's the bit that baffles me...

Gail Simone
    Chuck Dixon
    Michael Netzer
    Val Staples

Four pros all saying the same thing.
    Plus several other people within this thread.

PLUS and Rick should really listen here:

OTHER PEOPLE FROM THE
    COMIC BOOK INDUSTRY
    HAVE READ AND DO READ
    THIS FORUM.

Martin Pasko,
    Ian Boothby,
    Kurt Busiek,
    Mark Waid,
    Brian Michael Bendis,
    Warren Ellis

and several others are bound to read this
    thread when Rich inevitably posts it on LITG.

I mean christ almighty... they have reputations... they have years of work behind them and you REALLY think you can simly slag them off here and not pay people and do you honestly think ANYONE will EVER work for you again?
    or do ANYTHING with your name attached to it EVER again?

You could win the lotto tommorow and you'd be lucky if anyone ever did a lick of work for you again... your reputation is garbage and you'll never be able to come out of it unless you drop your fascade and really start apologizing now!

It's really time to stop fucking around... you can imagine that you're in the right... but you realize that the evidence is against you here?
    I'm no judge or lawyer... but when the number of witnesses, lawsuits and clients for the prosecution outnumbers those for the defense... it's not looking pretty...

or in terms you might get...

you're outgunned...
    brought you to Wertham? whom you quote.
    who, by the way, is regarded as a total loon.

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    If ya pull up Google.com and search under Rick Olney's name this thread is on the 1st search page. I just wanted to share this with everyone.
    ... and when you do "rick olney fraud" it's the #1 hit.
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

RICK OLNEY FRAUD! RICK OLNEY FRAUD!

Quote and Reply... we can get it to number 1.

Oddball Cartoonist! Scott Shaw!'s Avatar

Exclamation

Mr.Olney I don't really think you need to keep loggin in and out to post comments on the board.
    Ahh, but you fail to understand how Mr. Olney's alleged mind works. When he saw that the activity in this thread was slowing down, he simply HAD to drop by to stir the shit. After all, he just can't stand to see a thread bearing his name not retaining its position at the top of the topic-list. Believe me, this pattern isn't new, as Rick Veitch or Kim Thompson will verify. Rick Olney would throw a baby under a bus if it would garner enough attention for him to suck up. This has been Rick's pattern -- at least on the Internet -- for nearly ten years.

Rick V. and Kim can also verify that the whole issue of you suing people is utter bullshit. You've waved around this threat before on their message boards and they amounted to no effect whatsoever. Your "lawyer" must be about as real as those nonexistant identities you've previously concocted to agree with your posted opinions -- especially if he's getting paid.

As for your track record in paying industry professionals for their work, congratulations, Rick. You've officially made the leap from "public nuisance" to "deadbeat (non-) publisher". And accordingly, your name shoots to the top of many other lists within the comics business in the "non-paying lunatics to avoid at all costs" category. You've MADE IT, man!

After all, there's no such thing as bad publicity in the entertainment business, right, Rick?

Aloha,

Scott!
    Last edited by Scott Shaw!; 12-31-2006 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Edited to include the term "deadbeat (non-) publisher"!
    http://www.shawcartoons.com
    -----------
    SCOTT SHAW! presents ODDBALL COMICS:
    http://www.scottshawsoddballcomics.com

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    ... and when you do "rick olney fraud" it's the #1 hit.
    I really can't understand how it would impact someone to see a Google search pull up something bad on themselves. A thread like this for instance . How would impact someone to see countless pages of people asking for money they are owed .

It to me would hurt you as a pro in this industry.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

it's funny because in the end... Rick will end up paying in reputation far more than he would have if he had just payed Chuck, Val and Ronee.

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorCrowley View Post

Quote and Reply... we can get it to number 1.
    I don't think that's how google works anymore. If this thread shows up high on the list of hits, it's because many other sites link to it.
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shaw! View Post
    Ahh, but you fail to understand how Mr. Olney's alleged mind works. When he saw that the activity in this thread was slowing down, he simply HAD to drop by to stir the shit. After all, he just can't stand to see a thread bearing his name not retaining its position at the top of the topic-list. Believe me, this pattern isn't new, as Rick Veitch or Kim Thompson will verify. Rick Olney would throw a baby under a bus if it would garner enough attention for him to suck up. This has been Rick's pattern -- at least on the Internet -- for nearly ten years.

Rick V. and Kim can also verify that the whole issue of you suing people is utter bullshit. You've waved around this threat before on their message boards and they amounted to no effect whatsoever. Your "lawyer" must be about as real as those nonexistant identities you've previously concocted to agree with your posted opinions -- especially if he's getting paid.

As for your track record in paying industry professionals for their work, congratulations, Rick. You've officially made the leap from "public nuisance" to "exploitor of creators". And accordingly, your name shoots to the top of many other lists within the comics business in the "non-paying lunatics to avoid at all costs" category. You've MADE IT, man!

After all, there's no such thing as bad publicity in the entertainment business, right, Rick?

Aloha,

Scott!
    Good point about bad publicity at least being in the enertainment business. But beyond the classroom work he claims and Orca , what has he done in this industry ? I mean the publishing of comics ?

Mel Gibson got busted for being a drunk jackass . But people could at least point out that even though Gibson was an idiot he had his miles of film work to back him up. In his industry to at least prop him up on.

But what does Rick Olney have to prop himself up on ? Besides claiming a Jedi was named after him and Orca's work in schools. He's taking tons of heat in this industry and he really doesn't have much work to back him up. ;)

Oddball Cartoonist! Scott Shaw!'s Avatar

Exclamation

But beyond the classroom work he claims and Orca , what has he done in this industry ? I mean the publishing of comics?
    Well, here on Earth-Prime, nothin'. Nada. Zero. Zilch.

But on Earth-Olney (deep in the recesses of his skull), Rick's the equivalent of Jack Kirby, Phil Seuling and Jerry Bails, all rolled together! Just ask 'im!

Aloha,

Scott!
    http://www.shawcartoons.com
    -----------
    SCOTT SHAW! presents ODDBALL COMICS:
    http://www.scottshawsoddballcomics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Beach View Post
    Sheesh. Like none of us recognize that comics would be a great help to dyslexic readers, what with the images to reinforce the words. No, there's no way we'd be able to make that tremendous leap of logic.
    Speaking as a dyslexic person who learned to read through comic books on my own - I know for a fact Rick Olney had nothing to do with that. It was 1984. My teachers took notice though.
    Ian Shires
    Be Informed! Join the Self Publisher Association!
    www.dimestoreproductions.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shaw! View Post
    Well, here on Earth-Prime, nothin'. Nada. Zero. Zilch.

But on Earth-Olney (deep in the recesses of his skull), Rick's the equivalent of Jack Kirby, Phil Seuling and Jerry Bails, all rolled together! Just ask 'im!

Aloha,

Scott!
    Ha ha...on Earth-ECW , I am married to Trish Stratus and hero to the many. Now how do I get back on Earth-ECW ? :p

You're Talkin' Gibberish! Kurt Busiek's Avatar

Another suggestion:

Get the various contributors to these books together and sell the stories to someone else. If a writer, penciler, inker, letterer and colorist all worked on something and none of you got paid, shop it around. Change any details that came from Tightlip and get paid by someone else.

He has no grounds to sue. The contract is void. For those of you who have contracts, satisfy the "Notices" section (if there even is one) by sending a registered letter saying that he's got 30 days to pay or you're selling the story elsewhere. When he doesn't pay, sell it elsewhere.

There's no need to feel held hostage -- what he doesn't pay for, he doesn't own any rights to. Basic contract law. Heck, the publicity involved in bringing together screwed creators to publish DEADBEAT COMICS would bring in a lot of readers wanting to support you guys.

kdb

In fact, I originally came into contact with Rick Olney BECAUSE I sought out people to help the SPA develop a program for reaching kids learning to read through comics, based on my own experience as a kid. ugh, lesson learned indeed.
    Ian Shires
    Be Informed! Join the Self Publisher Association!
    www.dimestoreproductions.com

Doc's Naughty Nurse Momma Absurd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorCrowley View Post
    If you can... could you also have your attorney take a look at: http://www.comicspace.com/

all avenues that can be closed off from him defrauding people would be good.
    Sent and done......thanks for the link

Momma