Default question regarding onslaught and spidey.

I just bought the marvel milestones' onslaught universe, and I can't remember spidey's wareabouts. Was it explained why he wasn't in the final battle with onslaught?(besides the fact that marvel didn't want him to be rebooted.) the funny thing is I can clearly remember the Phil Urich Green Goblin's involvement.

...Oh hey everyone, I'm new here.

Welcome, Jesse!

I think Spider-Man was busy fighting sentinels in New York. Spider-Men? Ben was Spider-Man at the time, wasn't he? Was Peter still around (with his powers)? In any case, we can just assume Spidey was somewhere else in New York saving lives.

As I recall, both Ben and Peter were working together and helping out on their way over to the center of action but never made it in time to help out.

Whitmore: Rebirth! Sean Whitmore's Avatar

Yeah, even with Peter and Ben working together, the Sentinels were a bit out of their weight class. The big battle was likely over before they could get there.

Plus, Peter's powers were sporadically turning on and off at the time, so there's no way Ben would have dragged him into a direct confrontation with Onslaught.

SEAN
    This week at Comic Critics!: Nothing. We're on hiatus.

That's what I thought happened, I assumed both Peter and Ben would have shown up if they could have made it. It's not like them to say "oh, you guys can handle it" even if they were outclassed. Yeah I remember Phil Urich defending the daily bugle from a sentinel and damaging his mask, I think that was shown in spidey's comic actually.
    Last edited by JesseJay; 12-14-2006 at 08:51 AM.

even if scarlet and spidey both in their max power tried to fight onslaught they would be dead now

I was kinda bummed. They SEEMED to be headed towards the big fight. Guess they never made it.

Yeah they couldn't do much, but come on, Hawkeye was there! I don't think shooting arrows at onslaught is going to do much either.

you have a point

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJay View Post
    Yeah they couldn't do much, but come on, Hawkeye was there! I don't think shooting arrows at onslaught is going to do much either.
    Black Canary: "This from a man who fights everything from street thugs to evil alien conquerors by shooting sticks that them."
    Green Arrow: "Very pointy sticks. Pointy, and moving very fast."

From Blue Beetle #7
    Robert Eddleman
    Panels on Pages

Veteran Member

onslaught wouldn't have killed either spiderperson. we just woulda had heroes reborn spiderman plotted and drawn by Rob Leffield.

i think rather than deal with coordinating the 4 or 5 spidey titles with heroes reborn and return etc. it was easier to have him not make it to the fight, and deal with NYC minus all the superheroes.

anyway, silver surfer wasn't there, and he's fricken omnipotent... if any should be accused of being lazy... of course, i'm not sure of the exact timing, but around then he was powerless too with a psycho clay doll taking over for him. not much of an excuse if you ask me...

Thinking about it in hindsight, Onslaught could have been one of the resolutions to the Clone Saga.

Ben sacrifices himself along with the Avengers to stop Onslaught, finds himself on Heroes Reborn earth, and unlike the other heroes maybe decides to stay since there's already a Spiderman on 616 earth.

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Thinking about it in hindsight, Onslaught could have been one of the resolutions to the Clone Saga.

Ben sacrifices himself along with the Avengers to stop Onslaught, finds himself on Heroes Reborn earth, and unlike the other heroes maybe decides to stay since there's already a Spiderman on 616 earth.
    Considering that The Celestials said "you all go back or we destroy everything," that doesn't seem like such a good idea. :p
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Considering that The Celestials said "you all go back or we destroy everything," that doesn't seem like such a good idea. :p
    I'll admit, my sollution has a flaw or two... that being one of them.

Whitmore: Rebirth! Sean Whitmore's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

Actually, that would have worked out perfectly in reverse if Onslaught had happened a bit earlier.

Marvel was looking for a place to dump Peter and MJ so that Ben could be the "real" Spidey in 616. Had Onslaught been happening at the time, they could have found a way to dump Peter and MJ in the Heroes Reborn world instead of shipping them off to Oregon or whatever.

But by the time Onslaught did happen, I think that Marvel had definitely decided on their solution of "bring Peter back, kill Ben."

SEAN
    This week at Comic Critics!: Nothing. We're on hiatus.