Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Until all are one! TransformersFan's Avatar

Default Friendly, Sensational or Amazing Spider-Man?

Which one of these series are your current personal favourites? Have you dropped any of them, all of them?

Ive been reading Amazing exclusively for the last 6 months, as well as collecting some of the earlier trades by JMS. But this week, I picked up Friendly Neighbourhood SM, and I really liked it. It's sooo different in tone to Amazing, still set in CW storyline, but not bogged down with politcal/social commentary, and it was nice not seeing Iron Man in this. It had warmth, humour and charm. Im definately picking this series up for sure.

Any similar feelings?

I'm actually enjoying all three books right now, but if I had to put them in order of preference, it would be:

1) Sensational Spider-Man
    2) Amazing Spider-Man
    3) Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man

The only title I buy is Friendly, Sensational Spider-Man is ok, but I have a tight budget and was just too average in writing and art for me to buy it. I havent bought Amazing since, like before #500, just wasnt a fan of what JMS was doing, and since I'm not that big into crossovers, the Civil War stuff doesnt interest me either.

Amazing for me. I haven't really looked at the other two as of late though. Maybe I'll check 'em out.

I would say Amazing, followed by FNS, then Sensational.

I have a question and I was going to start a whole new topic but it looks as if someone has conviently done that for me.

Does Sensational, Friendly and Amazing all follow the same Spiderman? I know in the "Other" arc it used all 3. Do they do that regularly? Should I be getting all of them to get the full story?

Until all are one! TransformersFan's Avatar

Im not a expert on Spidy, but it appears that all three series follow the same SM, they all refer to his recent unmasking, and Civil War. Amazing being the core I suppose, and the other two focusing more on Spidy, and his family and the repercussions of whats going on in the main books.

I like all three... but I would say that Amazing and Sensational are tied for first followed close behind by Friendly

Just Amazing and Friendly Neighborhood for me.

Friendly has been great, Amazing is decent (but often gets dragged into big MU stuff like New Avengers and Civil War) and Sensational has frequently sucked. Haven't read the new issue, but it's been pretty lame up til now. There was one issue with Clayton Crain art that was decent.

I get amaz and sen. I used to get friendly but it seemed off to me. I get a load of comics a month and i kept finding it at the bottom of the pile which means it wasn't a must read for me. I think I dropped it at ish 9 or 10. From what some are saying it must have gotten better. I may have to try it again.

Friendly, Friendly and Friendly.
    Slayven ftw.

"Looksky! Birdplane!"

I dropped Friendly when they featured Uncle Ben. Which hurt, because I love Wieringo's Art. Ah well. I'm still getting sens and amaz, tho.

fnsm, ssm, amz-AMZ is way 2 bogged down by big MU stuff and i feel SSM has that spotlight on the faimily-FNSM has the fmaily but 2 me it feels like the a classic spidey book
    Pull List: ASM AvSM Daredevil Cap Winter Soldier Hawkeye Avengers NA SA Defenders WatXM UXM X-Force Action Comics Batman Inc. Animal Man Swamp Thing JLD Fatale

Friendly is the best ;)