Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Elseworld's Finest Supergirl:I want her in regular continuity!

I have seen pics of her recently (still haven't read the comic) but she looks great...(much better than the current anorexic Supergirl in DC continuity)

Was that book any good?
    I would love to see her again, she is what a woman calling herself SUPER should look like...powerfully built, gorgeous and curves in all the right places...

Why can't Kara go to the Elseworld's limbo and this woman come to DCU?

Curves in the right places? She looks like a bodybuilder! Horses for courses I guess....

As the for the comic, it's very good. One of the best Elseworlds books out there

can someone direct me to a link so i can see whats all the hubb-bub bub
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.

That's an awesome comic. I found it in the back issues at my LCS. It's a great read, and gives you a real good idea of what Babs might be like if things had worked out a bit differently.

She's a psycho. :) (Not really ... but she's pretty "intense")

The art is what you would expect for the time, but better. It's all around a fun read.

But they are not going to do anything to my Kara. No limbo. No cancellation. Just be quiet now. :)

she looks like a body bilder i agree with you

as far as the origanl post i disagree with you in every way i think kara zorel of the curent supergirl comics is not only perfect in everyway as far as the way she looks but i think she should stay for a very very very long time at least i hope

she is hot as hell and has a wounderfull costum it really sets her self as the perfect supergirl and as far as your coment about her looking to thin HELLO do you even read comics look at starfire look at arowet look at batgirl, huntress, thunder, indigo, jade, flambird, poisen ivy, harley quinn,hawk girl, mary marvel, o and how about black canary

i can go on and on its called sex apel and supergirls gat that and more tall thin blond and beautifull god bless michael turner

Quote Originally Posted by Eumenide No 2
    I have seen pics of her recently (still haven't read the comic) but she looks great...(much better than the current anorexic Supergirl in DC continuity)

Was that book any good?
    I would love to see her again, she is what a woman calling herself SUPER should look like...powerfully built, gorgeous and curves in all the right places...

Why can't Kara go to the Elseworld's limbo and this woman come to DCU?

i COMPLETELY agree with you. i LOVE the Elseworlds supergirl. great body AND a costume she can be taken seriously in. honestly, its enough with the "im a girl, so i have to wear this short skirt" outfit, no offence to people who like her current digs=)
    "All your bases are belong to us"

also, if you have the book, Wonder Womans costume is pretty bad ass in it as well.
    "All your bases are belong to us"

Has/will this book be reprinted? There's a couple of good elseworlds I want to read (Secert Society of Super Heroes) but the back issues are insanely expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Quick Foots
    also, if you have the book, Wonder Womans costume is pretty bad ass in it as well.
    Certainly, it's unique. :)

I always thought that if there was only ONE "Kara Zor-El", she would go through a variety of changes (due to the effects of the Sun on her Kryptonian physiology). In my imaginary timeline of Kara's life, she would:

1) Come to Earth during the Silver Age (dressed in her Silver Age costume) at age 14 years old. She stays with the Kents in Smallville, Kansas, after being adopted into the family (as "Karen Star").
    2) Join the Teen Titans (if nothing else, she would be one of the founding members). She is also very close to Batgirl (Barbara Gordon) for a season, who is like an older sister.
    3) Have a variety of costumes over the years.
    4) At age 19, Kara tries to get some independence (and distance from her cousin) by becoming "Power Girl". This is the start of Kara's...evolution. :D
    5) As PG, she teams up with a group of young heroes for an adventure (dubbed "The Super-Squad" by the press), which will serve as the basis for the creation of "Infinity, Inc."
    6) PG seemingly dies in the first "Crisis".
    7) Meanwhile, Lex Luthor (through Cadmus) creates a clone of Kara, in order to have his own "Supergirl" (called "Project: Galatea"). After several mishaps, Tea Zor-El is freed from Lex' influences, and is accepted into the Kent family. However, a cousin of Martha's requests helps to find her wayward daughter: Linda Lee Danvers. Something goes horribly wrong (involving the supernatural), which results in the creation of the "Earth-Angel" Supergirl (who is also merged with Linda).
    8) Meanwhile, PG is resurrected by the ancient sorcerer Arion, who reveals that his great-granddaughter Allura was Kara's mother (Allura was sent to a random world to escape the fall of Atlantis).
    9) PG and SG II meet...but not without problems!
    10) The Earth-Angel aspect of SG II finds a new host, leaving SG II/Linda behind.
    12) PG joins the JSA, while SG joins The Titans (as a legacy hero).
    13) The Infinite Crisis occurs. SG II sacrifices her life to save PG's. However, upon returning to Earth with SG II/Linda, the disasterous effects of the Zeta Beam fused PG and SG II/Linda's essences into one person, but with Kara in full control.
    14) In honor of SG II, Kara dons a new version of her old SG costume (this look is based on the look of the Supergirl costume found in "Elseworld's Finest: Supergirl & Batgirl".

Anyway, this takes place over a ten+ year period, so the lithe Kara would grow and change to the tall and buff Kara. This also keeps as much of the past continuity as possible.

BTW, I don't know if I DO want EWF:SB re-visited. DC has the habit of screwing over characters that could survive without a Superman and Batman around. Most likely TPTB would do something to Bruce to bring back the vengence aspect (like murdering one of his girlfriends or something), while crippling Barbara. Lex would try to clone his own Superman, and THAT Superman would replace Kara...after she dies (her death would inspire the clone or something). I would only support an addition if the characters that were already established were respected (which is why I hated the sequel to "Superman: Last Son of Earth"). THAT book undermined the hopefulness of the characters that the resolution had. Ugh.

JMO.

-De

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Quick Foots View Post
    i COMPLETELY agree with you. i LOVE the Elseworlds supergirl. great body AND a costume she can be taken seriously in. honestly, its enough with the "im a girl, so i have to wear this short skirt" outfit, no offence to people who like her current digs=)

You hit the nail on the head.
    Elseworld's Supergirl looks exactly like a imagine a SUPER female to look like: Built like a rock, beautiful, and covered up enough that she doesn't look like a silly fanboy wankfantasy but still sexy enough to be a fanboy magnet.

If I had my way, I would replace the current Superstickfigure with this woman...

That elseworld Supergirl loks damn cool. Her breast are a bit oversized but that's hard to judge due to the flying angle (still a very sexualized image)

But she has *muscles* she looks *powerful*. That's awesome.

Current Kara has a *stupid* costume. Flying in a miniskirt is just asking for trouble. Heck, even if she wore a full-body-stocking like her cousin does I don't think it would detract much.... Her bare-midriff and miniskirt is just stupidly ugly, and horrible in almost every way.

This is definitely one of my top 3 Elseworlds stories. Loved all the costume redesigns (especially WW's) and thought there was some pretty good potential for revisiting these characters.

I wouldn't want her to be put in regular continuity (I'd rather we get Waid's version of Kara put into the 21st Century), but a limited series set in the Elseworld's Finest universe (with the same creative team) would be pretty great. Shortly after this came out, I read that something like this was in the works.

Did you notice Matt Haley made a comment at the bottom of that scans_daily thread?
    Wow, glad people still dig this book, we were pretty happy with it. I'm still trying to get DC to re-issue it, and there are some interesting developments for the future of our heroines. Stay tuned...
    http://www.matthaley.com

BANNED

I think the regular Kara's problem is the way she's drawn by Churchill...he really draws her like an anorexic twig with two small fruits stuck on her chest.

Other people draw her beautifully, like this gorgeous pic by Adam Hughes:

Still not a match for the Kara from Elseworlds...