Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Ultimate Power 2

Spoilers

Basically there's fighting... Lots of it. The FF fight the Supreme gang, who can't talk right and don't have proper powers yet. Then Kitty and Peter stumble along and join the fight too. Then the Ultimates join in. Scarlet Witch shows the world she can only use her powers while posing sexily. Kitty calls the X-Men and her phone becomes daisies. Spiderman says "I love this girl" about Kitty. The X-Men show up in a rediculous blaze of glory and say kitchy things like "You Can Thank The X-Men!" Kitty seems happy. For some reason Rogue looks like she's flying as opposed to falling like she should be. The Supreme gang can speak again and get into a squabble. Of course the other heroes just stand around and watch them fight instead of taking advantage of the situation. Reed is charged with Crimes against humanity. Apparently he destroyed the Supreme Gang's world when he sent a probe there. Shocked faces are made by all.

This is one of the crappiest comics I've read in a long time (although admittedly, I only read 1 or 2 a week.). Bad enough Land uses the same pics in multiple issues of his comics, but he's also usuing the same pic in the same issue. There's a few shots of Hyperion (not really sure if that's his name, dont' really follow Suadrom Supreme) with his head tipped back yelling, and its the exact same picture. That stuff just pisses me off. Lazy.

Other than that, the panels were too confusing. It was just a pretty dull fight scene the whole way through. We don't find out anything until the last page or two.

Same thing here. It was one of the crappiest comics I've read in a long time, Even the current 616 comics ( especially Sensational ) beat the pants off of it.
    It was one big brawl, with Kitty and Spidey being gleefully toted like two new toys the whole issue. " look how cool we are!" then the Ultimates and X-Men showing up in blazes of glory, "behold our awesomeness!" ( those are the thoughts I have had ) It was a waste of $4 and I won't make the same mistake twice. I am a huge fan of Bendis's, but this was not his issue.

While I'm not the biggest fan of photo-realistic art in the first place this issue frustrated me because it seemed like every single panel was filled with some ultra stiff, unneccesary pose by multiple characters. Even for Land there was a lot of this.

I think with a different artist this could have been a pretty fun action issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Marino
    While I'm not the biggest fan of photo-realistic art in the first place this issue frustrated me because it seemed like every single panel was filled with some ultra stiff, unneccesary pose by multiple characters. Even for Land there was a lot of this.

I think with a different artist this could have been a pretty fun action issue.
    In future issues that I know of, some other artist is taking over. Same goes for bendis.

I like it. Thought it was a lot of fun. I enjoyed Blur racing down the side of the building racing against Hyperion's falling body.

I was concerned about Pietro not appearing though.
    For-Real-True is only true now.

Story-True is true forever.

-Lizzie Hexam "The Unwritten"

Quote Originally Posted by Sparda
    In future issues that I know of, some other artist is taking over. Same goes for bendis.
    Wow that's interesting. I just assumed this project was one of those like Civil War where the creative team stays together throughout. Weird.

A relatively obligatory and pointless issue-long fight scene and still no sign of Emil Burbank? Bah. Two knocks against it; my interest in this title is waning. But the notion of a different creative team is intriguing, so I may stick it out. Is this still supposed to run nine issues?
    Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something. - Robert Heinlen

Quote Originally Posted by Sparda
    The nine issues are being divided between Bendis, JMS and Loeb, with each doing a block of three, in that order.

The art, however, I think is meant to be by Land throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by brundlefly
    A relatively obligatory and pointless issue-long fight scene and still no sign of Emil Burbank? Bah. Two knocks against it; my interest in this title is waning. But the notion of a different creative team is intriguing, so I may stick it out. Is this still supposed to run nine issues?
    Yeah. It did seem very pointless. Outside of the fact that it is not demonstrably bad and my generally preference for seeing an arc through, I really have no desire to see it through. Right now it's running on pure hype, crossover appeal, and not much else.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick MB
    The nine issues are being divided between Bendis, JMS and Loeb, with each doing a block of three, in that order.

That's how I understood it to work as well.
    For-Real-True is only true now.

Story-True is true forever.

-Lizzie Hexam "The Unwritten"

Power with girl is better Powerboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick MB

I thought the first part was pretty good.

spoilers:
    I knew they would have to either ignore the overwhelmingly greater power level of most of the Supreme Power gang or come up with some way around it. Once Hyperion was back to full power, I personally could not believe Ultimate Thor or Thing standing up to even one punch from him- unless we assume that they are more powerful than the official bios claim.
    end of spoilers

That aside, it was basically a running fight scene this time. But I'm waiting for JMS's three issues, which I'm guessing will get very story/ dialogue/ idea driven.

I have a nice mustache Van Custo's Avatar

I'm just sick of the Marvel heroes getting their ass kicked anytime there's a crossover with "their counterparts" from another universe. First Thor gets beat like a b*tch in JLA/Avengers, now Hyperion is smacking him around. It's not so much that he lost but it's just crappy use of such apowerfull character. They keep emphasising he's a God, but he' the same as any of the other heroes when it gets down to the action. Even Dr. Spectrum did a better job against Hyperion in Supreme Power.

Ultimate Ant-Man!

I always knew the Ultimates would take Hank back:)

Unless they just stole his technology.

I guess I should give my opinion... I didn't mind it actually. I liked the Nihlistic "world destroyed" thing at the end. I hope that this gets a good flesh out... Could be pretty sweet. I just hope they don't end up "united against a common enemy!" I did like a bit of the interaction between characters. The plot was stupid though. Land could be good if it wasn't for his stupid poses. I stand by the fact that Scarlet Witch can only use her powers while posing sexily.