BANNED

Default Steven what's your opinion on...

You've mentioned a couple of times how the GI Joe concept is kinda silly but what do you think of the Transformers?

Or how about The Visionaries!

Also have you checked out any of Heroes yet? I don't think you've reviewed it yet?

Also What do you think of Archaia (The publisher of Artesia and I'm too lazy right now to look up the right spelling). They seem to have a real word of mouth hit with Mouse Guard. They're going to put out a few French comics in english as well (I just read the first issue of The Killer and it was very good).

Also any theories on why Virgin Comics books have gone up (increased orders from issue to issue) recently. It's not much but any upward trend is interesting. The reviews have been kinda ho-hum (not horrible but nothing special type of thing) and the creators aren't suddenly hot or anything.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Briareos
    You've mentioned a couple of times how the GI Joe concept is kinda silly but what do you think of the Transformers?
    GI Joe to the third power.

Or how about The Visionaries!
    ... Which... are...?

Also have you checked out any of Heroes yet? I don't think you've reviewed it yet?
    I've tried watching HEROES a couple of times and find it bonechillingly dull. Not to mention it looks like every other damn NBC drama show. I'll pick it up again when Christopher Eccleston debuts.

I have been enjoying hearing "Save the cheerleader!" whispered during other random NBC promos, though. Very amusing.

Also What do you think of Archaia (The publisher of Artesia and I'm too lazy right now to look up the right spelling). They seem to have a real word of mouth hit with Mouse Guard. They're going to put out a few French comics in english as well (I just read the first issue of The Killer and it was very good).
    I think Archaia's okay. I generally like ARTESIA and MOUSE GUARD has been good, if slight in any given episode.

Also any theories on why Virgin Comics books have gone up (increased orders from issue to issue) recently. It's not much but any upward trend is interesting. The reviews have been kinda ho-hum (not horrible but nothing special type of thing) and the creators aren't suddenly hot or anything.
    Haven't paid much attention to the Virgin titles or their market progress, but if I had to make a guess, is it possible it has something to do with, I dunno, marketing...

- Grant

Quote Originally Posted by Briareos
    Wellll, clearly he was going to say it was silly because it is a silly concept - warring aliens disguising themselves to fight on/invade our world in secret, that's a good 'un, but when they're giant robots who turn into cars and have funny names?

That's why Transformers, like the Joes, should - and with Furman is - be taken seriously by the writer. Then they can get us the reader to take it seriously and not think "this is silly", but instead think "wow cool, Grimlock kicks ass!".

And Grimlock does. He so so does.
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

BANNED

Visionaries were another Hasbro toyline from the 80's. The basic idea was that it was a futuristic world where all of a sudden all technology (basically anything above middle age) stopped working and then magic started to appear in the world. A bunch of people head off to this mountain where a wizard promises magic powers and those who make it through his trap laden dungeon get animal totems that they can transform into based on their personality and some got staffs that had magical properties (destruction, speed, invulneralbility) This translated into the toys as gi joe type characters with holograms on their chests as the animal totem and the staves had holograms too.

I probably shouldn't EVER bring up the Rock Lords should I?

You're welcome to bring them up. I don't know what they are...

- Grant